“Great Room Great Space” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

You added Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens to your Saves list
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
barrindp
“Great Room Great Space”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Stayed here as I had a workshop to attend near by. I was expecting a good hotel and thats what I got - check in was fast smooth efficient. The staff worked well as a team ensuring that no one was kept waiting - and someone was always on hand to welcome and help with bags to or from taxi's.

The room is a standard for this quality of hotel - no surprises but no shocks either - the bed and linen was especially good. Had a room on a lower floor and was not disturbed by traffic noise.

Located on the edge of the city by the Queen Victoria Markets and opposite a beautiful garden the hotel is well suited for those travelling on business or wanting a convenient location to explore the city.

The breakfast buffet would rate as one of the best I have ever come across (quality, quantity and presentation - and Value).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed here for two nights during the week - and was very pleasantly surprised. While the hotel is not right in the CBD, it's 5 mins walk to the Flagstaff train station, is right across for a lovely park/garden and as a result of what looks like a recent refurb, was a delight to visit. Great rooms on the upper levels, fantastic room service for those nights when you get from work late, and a reasonable breakfast room with a view although the coffee wasn't fantastic. Also has a small gym which overlooks parts of the city - you need to get there early to grab a machine if you want to cardio but nonetheless it was fine. My favourite hotel in Melbourne is the Langham on Southbank, but I will visit this hotel again - great value for money.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the upper levels it's worth it . . .
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

We got this hotel on a deal site and had a fantastic stay. Location was great (right next to Queen Victoria markets) and service from staff even better. Every morning they answered every query we had and flagged down taxis for us. Overall a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Spectacular views from rooftop!

• Stayed April 2012
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Excellent location if like us, you love the Queen Vic markets!!! Central to main area Melbourne, Great spot for trams, buses. Hotel lovely and quiet, staff very friendly, front counter and concierge very helpful and always smiling. Bed was oh so comfy, air con was good, bathroom spacious and clean!!!! Definitely would stay there again, and would recommend the hotel for a Melbourne break.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor, almost no street noise and a lovely view of the gardens just across the street
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband & I stayed over Easter weekend. We arrived at the hotel approx 9am, expecting to just leave our bags & get on with our day. The very helpful staff found a room on the 4th floor so checked us straight in. The room was a good size, clean with comfortable bed, good shower, toiletries provided etc.
The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Victoria Markets so go early one day & have breakfast there, it's fun to watch the stalls being set up. It is also only a 5 min walk to the CBD so if you like walk take advantage of it & check out the local sights on the way. It is also opposite a lovely park good for some daily exercise. The hotel will also give suggested routes if you want to go for a run. It's a quiet localion close to lots of restaurants.
Breakfast wasn't included in our package but was only AUD19, which is pretty much what you'll pay elsewhere, and the selection is better. Pity about the terrible coffee!
We dined in the restaurant twice and the food is very good and again pretty much the same as you'll pay in town but better quality in some cases.
We never got up to the rooftop to use the pool or gym, as we did tons of walking thru the day.
We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel as we got it super cheap as a Mystery Deal on Wotif, it filled all our needs.
Just one thing - could a few herbal teas be provided in the tea/coffee facilities in the room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I booked the Business Class room on wotif. The room came with free internet, buffet breakfast and 11am check out.
The customer service I recieved when I checked in was terrible. A young man checked me in. I was only told my room number, they usually like to confirm what room you asked for (businees suite) but I was not told/asked this. I was not told checkout time, what time breakfast was served in the restaurant, where I can park my car (Valet $30 or Wilsons Car Park $17) or even where the lift was. Very bad customer service!!!!!!!

Onto my room, I had a room, overlooking the park, the business suite was clean and simple, there was enough room to move around in.
Bathroom was not badly sized, shower over the bath.
The room had only cups, glasses and spoons, no other cutlery.
My overall opinion is it's a comfortable place to stay, hopefully customer service will improve.

ROOM SERVICE MENU

$14 - $30
Club Sandwich, Beef burger, Chicken Caesar Salad, Potato Gnocchi, Spaghetti Marinara, Beef Ribs, Osso Bucco, Braised Beef Cheek, Chicken Cacciatore, Beef Burgandy, Lamb Shank, Chick Pea Curry.

FROM THE GRILL $21
Beef Sirloin
Lamb Rump
Beef Scotch Fillet
Chicken Breast
Barramundi

ON THE SIDE $8 (From the grill)
Sourdough cob
Steamed Vegtables

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here on Easter Saturday. Staff were helpful and friendly. Clean, spacious room and comfortable king size bed. Our room was on the 9th floor and overlooked a construction site which wasn't very pleasant, so we kept the gauze curtains closed. I thought it unusual that we didn't get a twin bedded room, but we didn't mind because the bed was huge. We didn't eat breakfast there. Tea, coffee and toast is $12.50 each, continental $16.50 each and full was close to $30. My daughter found the free wi-fi slow. It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to walk into the Burke Street Mall. Queen Victoria Markets are only 5 min walk away. We found it very easy to get taxis in Melbourne.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens? Share your experiences!