“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

Save Saved
You added Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens to your Saves list
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   380 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #18 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night this week. It's a nice hotel across from a park. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful when checking in and also when organising the Valet parking (an extra $30). The room was fine, fairly basic but spacious enough with a good TV and a little desk space to work from. The bathroom was a good size and very clean. The bed was comfy.

My one complaint was with the internet. It was a free connection, which is great, so I guess I should't complain too much, but unfortunately it would barely work. I ended up just using my phone to check emails, etc because the connection was so poor. Not that big a deal for just a one night stay but something i think they should really sort out as it will definitely affect my decision to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ALoGiusto, General Manager at Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson on your recent visit to Melbourne.

Having recently installed a new internet system in all guest rooms, we are currently working through some connectivity issues with our provider. We will have these resolved throughout April and look forward to seeing an improved performance in the coming weeks.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback and look forward to sharing your rating and comments with my team. I hope that we will see you again when you are next in town.

Regards

Anthony

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
wagga wagga Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband & I stayed overnight on a shopping trip to Melbourne. Good location while not right in the centre of town close enough for us to walk to shops, but would not walk at night. Good room adequate in size as was the bathroom. Bathroom could do with a shelf for toilet bag but great shower. The bed and bedding were both really comfortable and gave a very good night sleep. We did not eat in the Hotel, however enjoyed a pleasant drink in the bar. Disappointed Wi-fi was not working, we received a note to say that we would be advised when it was back on but did not receive it, we found it back on by trying it. Valet parking very convenient and took 5 minutes to get the car on check out. All staff very friendly. Our room was at the back of the Hotel, which was very quiet, one overlooking the park would be lovely.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the Park, but ask if noisy with the traffic.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is an excellent place to stay in Melbourne if you want to be reasonably close to everything. It's on the tram line, and the trams stop almost right outside. The train station is also close - just diagonally across the street. While the hotel has parking available, there is also street parking and parking available in parking garages close by if you have friends coming to visit. The room was clean, modern and very well set up, with good lighting - our room also had nice view over Flagstaff Gardens. It also has a good Business Centre with a printer, useful for doing an airline online check in and printing out boarding passes. It also has a big set of scales in the lobby, which was very useful for weighing luggage. The breakfast was very good and the staff friendly. It also has free wifi which was a bit slow when we were there, but I was assured that problem is being addressed and a new system has been installed. It was also very handy to Queen Victoria Markets - a bit too handy really. Overall a great hotel, well located with friendly staff and we'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view of Flagstaff Gardens have a very nice outlook.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Excellent hotel. We really enjoyed our stay, the hotel gave me a free upgrade to a Suite which certainly eased my mood! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The location was perfect, great rooms with a view over the park and behind the Queen Victoria Markets.

The hotel provides free wi-fi connection which is a real bonus. Overall, this is a great hotel. Highly recommended for service, comfort, location and papmering.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This is a good spot to stay when touring the Melbourne CBD. Hotel was modern, updated and the staff was especially friendly and helpful. Our room faced the gardens just across the street. We were only a few blocks from the Yarra River and a very vibrant Chinatown. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the gardens.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mahe Island, Seychelles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens after a last minute booking. I usually stay a little closer into the city, however the hotel is very handy to everything, and the price is a little cheaper. My room was clean and tidy and the furniture was in good condition. The room is of average size and is quiet. Parking is a decent price relative to other places and there is free wifi. I had a room service dessert, which was fine.

The view from my room wasn't great, however it wasn't bad and I imagine that while the view would be better on the William St side, it may be noisier.

I thought had trouble with the internet, however it was actually my computer. The reception staff immediately got an IT person to help me figure out what was going on. All the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed the four nights I spent here. I know Melbourne well and deliberately chose a hotel on the fringes of the CBD for some much needed peace and quiet. My room overlooked the beautiful Flagstaff Gardens (don't forget to feed the possums there - they love sliced apple!) and was an oasis of tranquility. And it is an easy walk to the CBD (or catch the 55 tram which leaves from just down the road) and to the vibrant Victoria Market.

As is so often the case with Radisson hotels, its main strength is its staff. Without exception, they did everything possible to make my stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Would I go back? The sooner the better!!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the park - if they haven't all gone!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens? Share your experiences!