“Won't stay again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quest on William

You added Quest on William to your Saves list
Quest on William
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   172 William St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #40 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
“Won't stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The room was fair I guess for the price although our balcony was half repaired by checker- plate which gave the impression it was unstable.
The UHT milk was curdled. We were tired from travelling and were dying for a cuppa. The staff took at least an hour to replace these UHT milks. The staff were unfriendly. The room was inspected my the staff before check out even though they took a $300 bond. I've never come across this in a hotel before.

• Stayed July 2012
QuestonWilliam, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Quest on William. I welcome your feedback and will look into your concerns accordingly.

I encourage you to make contact with me if you would like to discuss this further.
Aimee Royle Quest on William (General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was bigger than expected! The living ares are quite large, although the 2nd bedroom was a bit disappointing with no windows and only folding doors to separate it from the foyer. Great location, walking distance to everything. The 'gym' is very pokey but definitely handy with a cross-trainer and treadmill etc.

Overall: good value, clean and modern apartments. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
QuestonWilliam, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Quest on William. The team and I are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

I usually get booked in here when travelling to head office (Melbourne). It's a standard Quest, nice enough rooms, but the thing that always gets me is I never sleep well here (based on twice a year for the last 7 years). All night long there is the constant noise of, the drunks in the street, the trams, the rubbish skips full of bottles being emptied etc etc. It doesn't seem to matter what floor I'm on. I've stayed in other hotels in the very close proximity and heard nothing at all, so where possible I prefer the other hotel. Being a work trip, it all comes down to price on the day of booking.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
QuestonWilliam, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of Quest on William. I am happy to hear that in general you enjoy the rooms at our property and welcome your feedback regarding noise issues.

Unfortunately in a CBD location (facing onto a main street) we can experience street/traffic noise, whilst we do have double glazing windows in all of our lower floor apartments which helps to alleviate some street noise, our location has unfortunately met with re-occurring road and water main works on William Street in the past year.

Aimee Royle Quest on William (General Manager)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Spacious, clean and great location. Staff were excellent, so friendly, professional and helpful. Nothing was too difficult for them.
Teeny shower was forgiven based on the above and the fact the actual bathroom was a good size.
Will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of Quest on William. The team and I are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and trust we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon. Aimee Royle Quest on William (General Manager)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here with a few friends as a girls weekend away. We booked a 2 bedroom executive apartment and it was great. It was self contained with a good size lounge room and kitchen. The main bedroom had an ensuite and well as another main bathroom. We only had one night here but would have loved to stay longer. The staff were all very friendly and professional. The location of the apartments is great and is walking distnace to everything in the cbd of Melbourne, only about a block from Bourke Street Mall.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an executive room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our property. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and it is a pleasure to receive your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Quest on William again.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I'm a local Brisbane girl and needed accommodation for a week in Melbourne to attend a conference there. Quest on William was close to everything, not too expensive, and had excellent reviews, so I made a booking. My room was absolutely beautiful, spacious and clean. Hotel staff were welcoming and professional, and more than happy to help me with anything I needed. I had a wonderful stay, and if I was to visit in Melbourne again I'd go there, and definitely recommend to other travelers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
QuestonWilliam, General Manager at Quest on William, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Quest on William. The team and I are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and trust we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

The room was amazing... Had the room booked for a Girls weekend away and it was perfect. The three bedrm apartment had more than ample space for the six of us.... And the location was perfect for going out and of course shopping!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review of Quest on William. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and it is a pleasure to receive your feedback.

We aim to provide convenient, spacious and affordable accommodation for the leisure and business traveler alike, and hope we can welcome you to the property again soon.

Quest on William (General Manager)

Been to Quest on William? Share your experiences!