I stayed for a weekend in March 13 in their studio room as it was close to where i needed to go.
Location was perfect. I love little Collins st and it was only a very short stroll away to the bourke st mall, swanston st, the little cafes and other attractions in Melb central.
The room was interesting. It was comfortable enough and has all the things you need in a studio appartment. The size was big for a studio actually. The bathroom has a washer and dryer so it was good just in case you needed to do some emergency cleaning (which I did). The laundry powder they provided however was very industrial smelling.
There was a tiny little wardrobe to put your clothes in but it was not really functionable.
Overall it was a good room, the only negative for me was that it was really dark. The window was tiny and it was overlooking another building so no sun can get in. I really like the natural lighting so i find this room very sad and not very welcoming. In the end, I feel this room is only to go and sleep and not to relax. Keep this in mind if you are in melbourne to relax in your hotel.
The other thing I didnt like was the key as they are still using an actual key to get into the room. I know this is nothing for most people, but I'm used to using swipe cards as I can put them away in my wallet. Carrying a key for a hotel room seems very old school and I hate carrying keys around anyway.
The service was very average. They were pleasant and polite but I dont think they would make any extra effort to help you out if you need it. Example: when I picked up my bag before going back to airport, the girl in reception just sat down and told me to come in to where the bag was (which was right behind her) and get the bag myself. As I said, it's minor things and she was still polite, but it wasnt "customer service".
I guess I shouldnt expect too much from Quest.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Fairfax House Hotel Melbourne
- Quest Fairfax House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's rare to find accommodation in the heart of city with an abundance of space. Quest Fairfax House has this and more. Built in the old Fairfax Publishing House, the environment is gracious and stylish. A range of studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments are offered and suit the business or leisure traveler alike. Right in the heart of Melbourne on Little Collins Street, Quest Fairfax House is your home base with the city's business, shopping and legal precincts, and the Melbourne Aquarium, Crown Casino, Federation Square and the Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Quest Fairfax House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.