“Overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Parkview Hotel

You added Melbourne Parkview Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Parkview Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   562 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly St Kilda Road Parkview Hotel)   |
Special Deal
FREE BUFFET BREAKFAST!!!
Ranked #20 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Sale
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Very good Hotel inside & with nice walks nearby. However parking is very tight so can be a challenge if in a normal or large size car. Breakfast was part of our deal & there was a good selection to choose from.
The room was very large in comparison to other places we have stayed in around Melbourne at that price range.
Will definitely stay again but will allow time to get to places in the CBD.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for completing a response regarding your recent stay. It is always great to read that you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. I agree that some bays in the car park are a little tight but please feel free to ask my desk staff for any assistance you may need in future stays. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Laurie Littman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I was in Melbourne for work and was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I had stayed at another hotel in close vicinity previously which was in the same price range and Melbourne parkview was much nicer, had free wifi and breakfast included. It is very close to a tram stop to get you into the city, and the St. Kilda restaurants etc are not far to walk at all. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for completing your response. It is always nice to read that we have exceeded our guests expectations especially on their first visit ! I hope to welcome you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the family room, fitted 5 (2adults 3kids) of us no problem, room service was great and affordable as too was the buffet breakfast. The Parkin was a problem as we were blocked in by staff cars one morning meaning I had to run to the start line of the Melbourne marathon (5km) not ideal!!

• Stayed October 2013
Thanks you for informing about your stay. The family rooms which we only have a limited number of are always well received as they are large and well appointed. I apologise that your car was blocked in and hope this did not spoil your run in the marathon. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Melton West, Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My mother and I incorporated a stay at the Parkview when we were in the city to see Andre Rieu.Our weekend was perfect. Our room was lovely. We could make cuppa whenever we wanted as there was a huge assortment of quality tea and coffee. We were given complimentary champagne and strawberries, both of which were delicious. The spa was very inviting and so we indulged a couple of times whilst taking in gorgeous city views. The breakfast buffet was absolutely superb offering everything you could possibly want for breakfast. We will definitely stay here again and highly recommend the Parkview for luxury, location and value. Faultless.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is always very pleasing to read a guests response which starts with a heading of "Superb". My team certainly try very hard to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay at the Parkview. It appears that both your mother and yourself had a great time which is fantastic ! Thanks for taking the time to complete your response and I hope that I can welcome you and your mother back soon !!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Enjoyed the stay,was good. Staff were very friendly. Even allowed us to leave our car in the car park, even though we had checked out, to do the BUPA Around the Bay Ride. Recommend a stay here!
We were on the 5th floor so there were some views for us to enjoy also. I'd say I'll be back next year again.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to inform me of your recent stay. It is always pleasing to read that our guests have enjoyed their stay at the Parkview. I hope to welcome you back !
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The hotel is perfectly situated. If you get a top floor room the view is amazing. The wait staff were excellent and friendly. Very central to shopping, eating, entertainment and trams. Bed was a bit soft and pillows a bit lumpy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay. I hope to welcome you back in the future I can suggest that you take advantage of our Pillow Menu which offers a variety of pillows that may be more suitable to you.
Colac, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

my room key didn't work so I had to go back down with my luggage and que again after a 3 hour journey this was tiring. then I had paid for 2 breakfast in the offer which did not open early enough as I had to leave early and no continental breakfast etc was offered, instead I paid $15 for a box breakfast which wasn't given to me until too late also, bit disappointed I must say....

Room Tip: Very basic!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am disappointed to read that there seems to have been a couple of issues during your stay. The room key cards are a new proximity cards and have been working at a 99% success rate once programmed at check in. I apologise that your card did not work on this occasion. I would also like to apologise for the delay in receiving your breakfast box. Your comments will be discussed and I will endeavour to ensure these issues do not reoccur in the future. Thank you for taking the time to inform me about your stay.

Laurie Littman

Been to Melbourne Parkview Hotel? Share your experiences!