“Perfect stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Melbourne Parkview Hotel

You added Melbourne Parkview Hotel to your Saves list
Melbourne Parkview Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   562 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia (Formerly St Kilda Road Parkview Hotel)   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE BUFFET BREAKFAST!!!
Ranked #20 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Perfect stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Normally we receive crappy treatment elsewhere on deals but considering this was a discounted voucher deal stay, we were pleasantly pleased! They were very nice from start to end! Service and all! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the view from our room was one to wake up to! Thanks MPH! We will visit again!

Room Tip: Level 9 is the way to go! And if you can get the presidential suite, even better! :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LaurieLittman, General Manager at Melbourne Parkview Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for completing your review. It is great to read that you found the staff and service friendly and helpful. Hope to see you back soon !
Laurie Littman - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Excellent customer service, friendly and helpful staff, and the concierge staff goes above and beyond. Fabulous north side views over the city, great transportation links and an excellent shuttle service. The hotel lobby could do with a bit of a refresh (looks a bit like the set of Madmen) and the breakfast buffet could offer a broader selection - but overall great value for money. Stayed for a month on business and would definitely return for either business or pleasure.

Room Tip: North Side with views over the city. Corner suites at the end of the hall are the best.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review ! I must admit we do not get a lot of guests staying for such a long period on any one visit. There is no doubt staying for one month would provide you a better opportunity to see how the hotel performed over such a long period rather than a guest that stays 1 night. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Parkview and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Devonport, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

As someone who rarely travels, accommodation can be a daunting experience for me, however the Melbourne Parkview Hotel is absolutely fantastic! Taxi rank out the front, two tram stops 100m either side of the hotel Tram Stop 25 & 26. 10 minute tram ride into the city (Flinders St Station, Tram Stop 13, is a good place to centre your public transport travels around), and a 7 Eleven across the road. To use trams to get into the city, you can get on any tram except ones displaying route 1 or 8. This leaves 6 other tram routes, which makes it very convenient as its never more than a 2 minute wait for a tram. On arrival, the wonderful girl checking me in was very friendly and had a smile, and answered all of my questions. I stayed in a "City View Guest Room" on the 2nd floor, Room 212. When I walked in, it was perfect, just what I needed as a solo traveller, small, but spacious and appropriately equipped. King Double Bed with Bedside Tables either side, which was able to be split into two king singles if required, a work desk for those business travellers, nice lamps, two nice chairs to sit in and watch the modern television that folds out from the wall depending on where you are watching it from. Bed was very comfortable as were the standard pillows, however for those who wish to change their pillows, there is a pillow menu. Small preparation area with a bar fridge that's sealed and locked, but clear instructions on how to get it unlocked if you wish to use it. Kettle, complimentary coffee tea sugar and UHT Milk, and some glasses and cups. Complimentary Newspapers in the morning if you would like. The bathroom was small but I was very impressed with all of the complimentary items provided, including soap, body wash, large AND small soft good condition towels, hair dryer, and a few other little things. In the bathroom was where I found the only problem with the room, but it was only a minor inconvenience. The shower is amazing, awesome pressure, and easy to use, however, its almost level with the rest of the bathroom and doesn't have a door, and I found water was going out into the rest of the bathroom, and I would have to put a towel down to catch it, and it would be soaked by the time I was done. Like I said, not a major problem, just me being picky about a minor inconvenience. Air Conditioning/Heat Pump with easy controls on the wall. The TV was great and easy to use, free access to free-to-air and Foxtel channels, movies accessible for a reasonable price if interested. Easy-to-use menu gives you access to any messages the hotel has for you, the news headlines, weather, as well as your above mentioned channels. I have NEVER ordered room service, and I always thought it was too "Posh" for me, so I had no idea what I was doing when I rang up. The man was very friendly and helpful, and made it easy to use room service for the first time. I was quoted 20 minutes for my meal to arrive, it was there in approximately 10-15! Meal was huge and great value for the price, and very yummy! Room Service is 24hrs which is awesome, however there is a restricted menu after a certain time at night, but it's still a good menu. Room cleaning service was good, however as a suggestion to the hotel, I recommend when guests check in, they are advised that room service comes around 10am, and if you don't want them, use your privacy sign, because as a tired inexperienced traveller I was still in bed when I heard a knock and before I could get up they came in, saw me still in bed and walked back out. However when I did get my sleepy self out of bed and headed out for the day, I approached the lady and asked if it was possible for them to do my room even though I had missed them, and they did it no problem. Came back at the end of the day and it was like I had just checked in again! Very good. I did not eat at the restaurant, apart from my room service meal, however I did find that the breakfast buffet was not an option for me, the price was not appropriate considering I'm a solo traveller and wouldn't eat enough to even come near it being worth the price, however it is a business hotel, so maybe the prices are more aimed at business guests. Small 1m depth Pool (with jets), 0.5m depth Spa, gym, sauna, and laundry facilities are all located on the very top floor. I found the trip to get up to it was a bit strange, but not an inconvenience. Laundry facilities look very outdated but still do the job. Checkout was 10am, my flight wasn't until 7:45pm, and I wanted to explore the city in the meantime. The concierge was more than happy to mind my luggage for free for the whole day, even though I had checked out, and this service really helped me out more than they know. Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and will defiantly be staying again! Thank you Melbourne Parkview Hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
WOW ! What a review ! I must thank you for taking so much time to write such a detailed and informative review which I am sure future guests will find very helpful. I certainly value your comments and it is clear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you once again for taking so much time to review the hotel. I would love to welcome you back in the near future.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

... food, service, room, location. Only gripe - didn't know it is cheaper to book on line, or quote the internet price when booking direct. Exceptional staff - attentive, personable and friendly. The General Manager has free welcome drinks and canapes on Wednesday nights. Must also mention we had a special luncheon for my 86yo mother and her friends (11 of us). The Cafe proved too noisy and the staff moved us to the quieter mezzanine without even being asked!! Couldn't have been more helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Karen thank you for completing the review and it is great to read that all went well with your mothers lunch on the mezzanine level. Hope to see you back soon and hopefully on a Wednesday night for drinks !
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our two night stay at the Parkview Hotel.. The room was spotless and well supplied with coffee and tea. The bed was super comfy and we had a nice view to the city. There is a tram stop 100m from the entrance and a taxi rank right outside, so transport was within very easy reach. But the best thing was the 1pm checkout!!..We would be very happy to stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. It is always great to read that our guts have enjoyed their stay. I hope to welcome you back soon.
Mirboo North
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Fantastic . Have already been telling all our friends down here in the country that this is a great place to stay. Easy to get to and the undercover car park was great (bit of a tight fit but worth the extra effort to park securely and there is also valet parking if you need it ) I think they have thought it all out well from the spacious rooms, Really comfy bed, (even a pillow menu if yours isnt how you want it )Great staff ( nothing is said or done without a smile )Public transport nice and close. Late checkout after a beautiful buffet breakfast. Also a gym and pool on the top floor . Lovely Restauraunt on the ground foor What more would you want ? The rooms are quiet the views are great.
Yes we enjoyed our stay and yes we would stay there again.

Room Tip: 813 was great. Lovely view ,

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hilary it is so pleasing to read so many positive comments in your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great, clean and welcoming hotel, $10 taxi to crown casino, it's a shame the hotel is not right in town, if it was, this is the only place I would stay, 10 out of 10, ask for a room above the 6th floor for a beautiful look at the city at night

Room Tip: Ask for room on level 6 or above, and ask for city view

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Luke thank you for completing your review. I am delighted that your rating was 10 out of 10 and tells me you are a fan of the hotel ! I will certainly pass on your comments to my team and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Laurie Littman - General Manager

Been to Melbourne Parkview Hotel? Share your experiences!