“Business in Melbourne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Melbourne on Collins

Save Saved
You added Novotel Melbourne on Collins to your Saves list
Novotel Melbourne on Collins
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #30 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Doha
“Business in Melbourne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

A pleasant stay with very good service. Breakfast was filling and fresh. The reception staff were fantastic, espeicially Martin, who helped me with a few inquiries. The location was very good and made it easy to get to my business meetings.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is most encouraging that my team left a lasting impression due to their good customer service, especially Martin. I am sure he will be thrilled with your comment. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

2,877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed overnight on business. Staff were helpful and friendly. Easy check in. Room service was excellent - great food. Checkout was easy and buffet breakfast was great. My bags were looked after after checkout and porters grabbed taxis for me quickly. Room had everything I needed. Great place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. Delighted to read that everything we lived up to expectations.
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel recently for our honeymoon and, acted as our base for Melbourne and the Australian Open.

When you look at a map of Melbourne this hotel really is placed at the heart of the CBD. Just one block from Flinders Street Station and Federation Square, the hotel is within easy reach of Melbourne's attractions. The entrance on Collins Street has a concierge desk and lifts up to reception on the 6th Floor. This is because the hotel sits on top of the Australia on Collins shopping mall. Reception is large and also gives access to the hotel bar and restaurant. The bar has a large screen showing news or sports depending on the time. Also in reception were two Apple Mac computers for hotel guest use and a small stair case down to the shopping mall itself. Wi_Fi could be found througout the hotel but, depending on your booking, you may have to pay for it.

We had requested a room on a high floor with a view of Collins Street. In the end we did get a high floor but a room on the inside with a view of the shopping mall atrium. On the plus side our room was much larger than the standard and we could keep an eye on the pool/gym so we could go and relax in peace! The large room had another big bed, fitted wardrobe, reclining chair, desk and large TV. Only negative of the main room were the lights, at night or (I imagine) in winter. There is not much light coming from the shopping mall atrium and there are not many overhead lights in the room. So it can get a bit dark. The large bathroom had another walk in shower, large sink and toilet.

The pool and gym are easy to find on the 7th floor and have an open air view of the shopping mall. The gym was quite big but the pool was fairly small, next to the pool was also a small spa. Bubbles again activated by a nearby button.

The hotel was busy because of the tennis but, never seemed crowded.

Having stayed at this hotel I would definately stay again. I cannot think of a better located hotel, whether you are attending a sporting event or not I would strongly recomend staying here!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of Collins Street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit over the Tennis period. Please remind us of you preference with a Collins Street view for a future visit. My team and I look forward to welcoming your return.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Novotel last December and the first impression was very good. We were in Melbourne for my husband's company Christmas party and we booked an extra night at the same hotel the company was already paying for one night. During the check in we agree to pay the extra fee to stay in the same accommodation level as the company was paying so we wouldn't have to change rooms the next day. After breakfast the next day we left the hotel to explore the city. When we came back to our bedroom late that afternoon everything that was left outside our bags were gone, all toiletries and a few clothes and a cell phone charger. Our bags were still untouched inside the closed.
This was a shock as something like that never happened to us before. We called reception and they rang housekeeping. The housekeeping staff called us back and said that they would return our stuff that was in the 'lost and found'. They brought part of the stuff missing and I complained that a few items were still missing. The housekeeping guy went back to check if he could find the rest of our missing stuff. Half hour later he returned to apologize because he couldn't find anything else linked to our room.
This was a very frustrating situation because the items missing were brand new imported creams and face products that I cannot find in Australia. And I had the Christmas party that night and I had to run to the shops to try to find replacement products.
The hotel staff didn't contact us to follow up. We complained at the front desk again the next day during check out but no action or explanation was given to us. It just seemed to be something that happens all the time at Novotel on Collins that staff don't care or do nothing about it anymore.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Please allow me to apologise for the expirience you had and the lack of follow up. I would like to discuss this matter further with you.
My contact details are : email hayden.hughes@accor.com or phone 61 3 9667 5800.
Sincerley,
Hayden Hughes

Been to Novotel Melbourne on Collins? Share your experiences!