“Perfect for a shopping trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Melbourne on Collins

You added Novotel Melbourne on Collins to your Saves list
Novotel Melbourne on Collins
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast Offer
Ranked #33 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Australia and UK
“Perfect for a shopping trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my daughter for a pre wedding shopping trip. It was a perfect location for shopping and eating in all the lovely Laneway cafes. We had a basic twin room on level 8 but it filled all our needs and was whisper quiet considering we were in the very heart of the city. Also the two double sized beds were great.
Clean and comfortable with a nice fresh modern bathroom. My only complaints would be that after the first night our room hadnt been cleaned at 3.15 pm, and the next morning when we were going to have tea in bed we found that the room tea and coffee supplies hadn't been refreshed.
These were minor complaints in what was a very comfortable stay. I would return.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Yackandandah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

From the moment you arrive where the staff cannot do enough for you and are extremely polite and helpful to the moment you leave you are made to feel so welcome. The food is terrific, the wine list is a little resticted but for a short stay quite acceptable. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the beds are a good receipe for a great nights sleep. I cannot recomend the Novotel Melbourne on Collins highly enough.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location for exploring Melbourne. Concierge, restaurant and bar staff all great, reception not so much. Rooms are lovely and facilities good. Disappointing to have spa out of order the 4 days we were there. Location easy for shopping, trams, Southgate, Flinders station. Great breakfast and lovely having real coffee included.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We love staying at this hotel as its location is so central. You literally step out of the hotel onto one of the main streets - Collins Street. This was our 5th stay in this hotel.
The staff are always lovely.
The rooms are very inviting and comfortable.
We were upgraded to a Premium Room which was a lovely surprise, however we would have been just as happy in a standard room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you again for your return visit. I was pleased to read that the Hotel’s central location and my friendly team keep you coming back.
Hope to see you soon.
bronte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you want to combine business and pleasure. Central enough for to the CBD, it also is close to the groovy lane ways restaurants & bars. It is right amongst the shopping as well as being a short stroll to Southbank.
The hotel itself is impeccable with great decor. The only drawbacks would be that bathrooms are small and some rooms like out over an Atrium, neither of these aspects bothered me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your post. So glad our Hotel suited your needs.
We hope to welcome you back.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had no complaints about this hotel. I'm pretty fussy so takes a lot to get a 5 out of me. This was a good solid hotel. I was in a Premier Room on 13th floor so very quiet (although a LONG walk from the elevator! - which I asked for so I shouldnt complain). There were some hairs in the bathroom hence the 3 for cleaning. Staff were always very helpful. Very central location - I was at a conference at the Crown Complex and it was just a pleasant 10 minute walk straight through the Flinders station underpass and across the diagonal bridge over the river. Taxi rank straight out front. Didnt eat any of the food (all included at conference) there so no comment. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Please allow me to thank you for the positive feedback you have given to my team. It is the little things that are just as important and I am very sorry we failed you. Your encouragment will help us to improve our service and strive for more excellence. We look forward to a return visit.
Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have had a holiday in Melbourne three times in the past two years - with my husband, with my daughter and last weekend with a friend. All three times I have stayed in this hotel and I have been impressed each time. I am an Accor Advantage Plus member and by booking in advance the room rate is fantastic value for an inner city hotel. I've stayed twice in a Premier room, but this time had a standard room as my friend and I wanted a Collins St view - who can resist looking out at Tiffany's when you are on a shopping trip?

The room has been recently renovated and was very pleasant. It was not a huge room and there wasn't a lot of space between the beds as it is normally configured as a king room. However we found it had enough room for us and the chaise lounge was very comfortable when relaxing and watching TV after a hard day shopping. There was an in room safe which I normally like, but it was too high to actually see into it, which I found a little awkward. Obviously the renovation missed a bit on that point.

The staff at this hotel are excellent - very friendly and professional and we were always greeted as we passed by reception and concierge. All questions were answered very thoroughly and capably. The location of the hotel is perfect - near shops, trams, laneways, places of interest and at least five excellent chocolate shops were within a minute's walk of the hotel door! The memorable Hopetoun Tea Rooms is just metres away in The Block Arcade.

Buffet breakfast in Michel's Restaurant was included in our package and it was excellent each morning. I think this Novotel has probably the best breakfast of any Novotel I have stayed in - an extensive variety of hot and cold dishes. We had one dinner in Michel's and several meals in their Lane Cafe Bistro. All the food was delicious and Lane Cafe was particularly good value if you just want a simple meal at night. There was a lovely view out onto Collins St from both venues and again, the Accor Advantage Plus discount was very appreciated. Staff at both restaurants were very friendly and helpful.

I have stayed in a lot of quality hotels in the past couple of years, but the Novotel on Collins gets its excellent ranking from me for being a very convenient, friendly and excellent value for money establishment. I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Novotel Melbourne on Collins? Share your experiences!