Stayed at Novotel on Collins street in April 2013. Booked into the hotel as we thought that it would be ideally located and weren’t disappointed, The hotel is part of the Australia on Collins street Mall but is discretely located to the side of the mall. Access into the Mall was down a discrete spiral staircase, the mall offered good shops and eateries. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable but just a touch on the small side, The buffet breakfast was well worth the money with the only gripe being the lack of good coffee. The only complaint about the whole stay was with the valet parking, at the beginning of the stay we had to unload our vehicle in the middle of the road causing traffic to bank back a kilometre, then after waiting 20 minutes for our bags to come up to the room, decided to return back down the reception and pick them up ourselves. Also took 20 minutes to retrieve the car when we left. Also worth noting is that the Valet Parking which is $35.00 per night. I would stay there again, however next time around I will probably catch a taxi, in the end we didn’t need the rental car as the public transport especially the trams were way better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane (formerly Australia on Collins beneath to Novotel Melbourne on Collins) is arriving in the heart of Melbourne's most revered retail street, Collins Street. The "New Establishment" will draw on the history of the location and add its own modern twist to create a new fashion, food and cultural destination for the city. Redevelopment will commence in October 2014 and is due for completion in late 2015. Works are scheduled from 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday & 7am - 3pm, Saturday. The hotel guest services will not be affected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel