“Great Comfortable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Melbourne on Collins

Save Saved
You added Novotel Melbourne on Collins to your Saves list
Novotel Melbourne on Collins
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #29 of 172 hotels in Melbourne

2,872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Staff were very pleasant and helpful. The room was large with modern decor. The shower was nice The room was quiet too. The pool and spa would have been a hit with the kids, but we didn't get time to use them. The buffet breakfast was excellent,, we also dined at Michels Restaurant for dinner which was also pleasant except the acoustics are not good especially when there is a wedding party there as well. The staff are very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Wonthaggi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Novotel on Collins. They are having a huge makeover and there were workers on the premises at the time with areas blocked off. However, the service at reception was perfect as was the service in the restaurant. The rooms are lovely and the beds are amazing. We had two nights there as part of a special deal, possibly due to the refurbishment but our time at the hotel wasnt affected by any work noise or inconvenience. We love the Novotel on Collins. We have stayed there many times and if you want a really good deal and holiday break, now is the time to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for always staying with us and your time to write this review. Your compliment is definitely an encouragement to us as we continue to deliver the best service we can.
Hope we can wow you with the finished look of our public area's on your next visit.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel is well located in central CBD within walking distance to most amenities. I loved that this hotel has a pool & spa. I missed not having a bath in the room. The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. The breakfast was excellent, but I feel it is a bit pricey @ $29.00 per head, but with the Accor Advantage plus card we got 2 for 1 so this was excellent. I also can't understand why it is $7.50 for a bottle of water.... but that aside we had a wonderful stay and were given a late check out which was great . I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Beautifully refurbished rooms very spacious.. Right in the heart of melbourne city. Tram stop and taxi's at the front door. Staff very friendly. A wide selection of food available at breakfast. Would certainly stay again and recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for post and recent patronage. Your feedback and recommendation are both greatly appreciated.
South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Novotel Melbourne on Collins: A Hotel with Heart in the Heart of Melbourne

Novotel Melbourne on Collins is one of the BEST hotels I have ever experienced.

Hotel Staff: Exemplary
From the moment I walked through the front entrance where I was greeted by two cheerful baggage handlers, to the moment I arrived at the front desk to a trio of friendly front desk agents—I felt “cared for.” Even the housekeepers would leave notes on my desk wishing me a “nice day.” A perfect example was when I had to confirm reservations for a Melbourne tour. Hotel staff took it upon themselves to call the tour company several times to confirm my next day’s appointment. By the time I got back to the Novotel after a long day of sightseeing, hotel staff simply told me that my tour was indeed confirmed for the following day. That’s customer service at its finest.

My Room: Impeccable
The housekeepers certainly pay attention to detail because everything in my room was perfect. The bathroom was spotless and my beddings reminded me of a furniture showroom: colorful, practical, and most importantly, comfortable.

Location, Location, Location
Collins Street is located in the heart of Melbourne, one block from the Town Hall and less than a block from the network of arcades and laneways that make for a shopper’s paradise! There’s also a post office on the same block for sending off those important postcards to family and friends (the Novotel staff would be happy to do it for you as well).

Amen for Novotel Amenities
Novotel Melbourne provides you with everything you need. I especially like their restaurant because their breakfast is complete with every type of food you can imagine. If you want a real Aussie experience, you can have vegemite-on-toast, or if you want Asian cuisine, they have that too. They even provide fresh honey (and a honeycomb from which you can scrape your honey) for your toast. Wow!

Novotel Melbourne has just the nicest staff, great amenities, clean and comfortable rooms—all at reasonable prices. Do yourself a favor…Don’t even think of staying anywhere else when you are visiting the beautiful city of Melbourne.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing Collins Street for a great view of the hustle and bustle of the city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GM-Novotel-Melbourne, General Manager at Novotel Melbourne on Collins, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent visit and your time to write this review. I was delighted to read that we surpassed your expectations. It was wonderful to see pictures of the Hotel and it's rooms from the past and we appreciate you sharing your memories with us. I would like to thank you for the positive feedback you have given to my team . Your compliment is the encouragement for us to continue to deliver the best experience we can to every guest.
There will always be a room on the 11th floor for you if you plan a future visit.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, when on business in Melbourne. The location for walking to meetings or a short taxi ride is great.
Parking is a problem, especially when you arrive, so if I have meeting outside of the CBD, i would stay in the suburbs.
The lobby and bar area were undergoing restoration work this time i stayed this time, so the reception was not great, but the staff are always helpful & friendly

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Melbourne on Collins? Share your experiences!