We were a little apprehensive about booking this hotel as it was our first time in Melbourne. I'm pleased to say we made the perfect choice at a very reasonable rate.
You can't beat the location of Novotel on Collins; all the shops and restaurants are within very easy walking distance, as are the trams. If you love to shop, this is definitely the hotel to stay at because you can easily drop your shopping bags halfway through the day and continue shopping. It was also an easy morning walk to the Queen Victoria Market.
We upgraded to a premier room, which was really spacious, quiet, clean and tastefully decorated. It was worth the extra money.
I was impressed with how friendly and professional the staff were too. We arrived a few hours before check-in but our bags were held for us and delivered to our room later in the day. Also, I like the way everyone said hello to us when we walked past - it didn't go unnoticed.
The only thing we recommend needs some improvement is the breakfast at Michel's Restaurant. We ate there once and selected the pancakes and poached eggs from the menu. My eggs were completely hard, the bacon was chewy and both of our meals were cold. I accept we went at a busy time and the hotel was completely booked out, but this is pretty basic stuff. My pet hate is hard rock poached eggs!!
That aside, we would recommend the Novotel on Collins to other travellers. We will be back in Melbourne in November next year and will definitely stay here again - with our extended family in tow!
Thanks so much for making our stay wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Melbourne, Novotel Melbourne on Collins offers 380 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites. The 4.5 Star property is within walking distance of some of the finest attractions in Melbourne. Offering a contemporary restaurant and bar, indoor heated swimming pool & spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect choice for both business and leisure travellers. St. Collins Lane (formerly Australia on Collins beneath to Novotel Melbourne on Collins) is arriving in the heart of Melbourne's most revered retail street, Collins Street. The "New Establishment" will draw on the history of the location and add its own modern twist to create a new fashion, food and cultural destination for the city. Redevelopment will commence in October 2014 and is due for completion in late 2015. Works are scheduled from 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday & 7am - 3pm, Saturday. The hotel guest services will not be affected. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Melbourne on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne On Collins Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne On Collins
- Melbourne Novotel