“Don't panic it's ok good value comfy and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nova Star Gate Serviced Apartments

You added Nova Star Gate Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Nova Star Gate Serviced Apartments
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   118 Franklin Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #149 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
“Don't panic it's ok good value comfy and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

If like me you read the other reviews after you had already booked and was worried about entering the dungeons of hell it's fine.
If your looking for a good central location and are going to get out and about and enjoy Melbourne and are not the type to sook over the little things it's a good choice.
If you want to spend your holiday at your hotel and require luxury amenities, sweeping veiws and spacious fully appointed surroundings and decor it's not for you.
We enjoyed our stay 4 nights in a standard 2 bedroom. Sure the furniture and carpets are a bit dated and worn but not badly and it was no big deal. The room was clean. We made use of the gym and sauna. Vic markets are 100 metres away and tram stop 50 metres. Staff were helpful and friendly. I agree with another reviewer it's received unfair criticism.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Do not go there
I booked two double rooms thank goodness I took the print out because they said I had only booked one and suggested I share a bed with my sister in law ( I like her but not that much plus what would we tell my brother )
Then they said I had booked the "crap" rooms and they would upgrade us to "superior" apparent
Sooo glad I never saw the "crap" rooms!!!!
We bought bleach to clean the shower
Good news is we had a great weekend despite the accommodation but I am now officially banned from booking motels
Lucky I am still allowed to do pubs/restaurants!!!!!!

Coffs Harbour, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We are a mature couple and booked in for five nights. I have to say that even though a touch apprehensive after reading reviews we were very pleasantly surprised. The outside of the buildind and the foyer area were modern. The staff on reception helpful and pleasant at all times. So happy that there was a fast lift as we had heavy luggage. Our view was over a tin roof but i have to say that everything else about our stay here mire than made up for it. Talk about value for money! The location was amazing. Around the corner from Victoria Markets where you could buy fresh produce. The free tourist shuttle bus plus free city circle tram plus railway station, all easy walking distance. The bed and pillows were so comfortable. Couldnt believe that our coffee, tea, milk was replenished daily plus towels replaced daily. Air con was good. Just an amazingly good experience. Don't hesitate. This place is just great and i will be back and highly recommended already to my friends. Well done Nova Stargate for making a great, very reasonably priced comfortable apartment with cooking facilities available in a capital city.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We arrived after 3 hour drive to the Stargate Hotel, staff friendly and helpful, however when viewing the two bedroom apartment I was very disappointed when I walk in to the bathroom to find hair and very unclean bathroom. I spoke with the helpful staff and they offered me to look at another three rooms and to my disappointment they were just as dirty. I told the staff that the house clean is not very good and requested a refund as I was not going to stay in a place so dirty. Full refund give with an apology. Wall, blinds, bathroom and furniture very old and dirty please have a full makeover before renting more rooms out to the public.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Upon already having booked the room then reading the reviews I was extremely hesitant but due to the fact we were in Melbourne for the formula 1 majority of placed were booked out and it was too late to alter our plans. I was expecting an awful place!!!!This it was not, not it was not of our usual standard but it most definitely was not as bad as some of the reviews imply. It's what you would expect of any serviced apartment. There was no rubbish left over from previous guests the sheets were in fact clean. We left every morning to attend our even and came back to a made bed, rubbish bins that had been emptied, towels replaced new soap and so on, for the price that we payed or the prices they charge it really was not that bad all. I do however think that the reviews on hear have been very dramastised if your expecting the hilton then perhaps book at the hilton....

• Stayed March 2013
hobart
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Yuck, dirty kitchen, dirty furniture, dirty walls, noisy residents, bad pillows, just don't do it!
I found this one on Wotif, self rated 4 star - 1 for a TV, 1 for running water, 1 for microwave.....geez. what a bend on the 4 star experience - I rate it as a 1.5 star - I wish I had the time to check the reviews before I booked!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hobart, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rooms clean but very shabby, bed very uncomfortable, wire sticking through the mattress and no underlay on the mattress. Very limited kitchen utensils and the china had lots of wear and tear.the daily housekeeping was neat. on departure no enquiring about our staybut reception was helpful.this is the third visit and it will be the last!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Nova Star Gate Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!