“Mercure Spring Street Review” 4 of 5 stars

Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Spring St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #65 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mercure Spring Street Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

The hotel is in a good and safe location and that is why I like to stay there. As well as it is part of the Accor group which I am an advantage plus member. Rooms are looking a little worn and could have been cleaner.
I was let down by reception service when ordering a Skybus shuttle 24 hours before leaving-the booking was never made!
This was recitfied.
All and all an okay stay but would say it's my best experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
NMGW, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, November 8, 2010
Thank you for updating your experience on TripAdvisor

While it was really pleasing to note the positive comments regarding the hotel I sincerely apologise that we let you down in some areas. We greatly value feedback and I will certainly address your concerns, particularly in regards to cleaning with the team.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again,

1,071 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and got a great rate. Room was smallish but very clean, tidy and modern. We had twin beds that were comfortable. Plasma TV on wall. Great value for the price. We had buffet breakfast each morning which was good value (but even more so fur us being ACCOR members) and a very pleasant location. Mercure on Spring is perfectly located across the way from the MCG & Parliment House and just around the corner from Bourke Street and Collins Street. The best feature is having the Free City Tram stop out the front every 15 minutes. It dosn't have a pool or gym etc but if you are looking for a clean & tidy room to rest after a long day this is the place to stay. Definately reccommend!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
NMGW, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Dear Rosieg30

Thank you for updating your experience on Tripadvisor.

It was very pleasing to note you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future .

Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Not a jolly experience.
The rooms are small and tired. The mattress uncomfortable. The whole place is so full of mediocrity. You can do better for that price in Melbourne

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
NMGW, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, October 7, 2010
Dear KreizeeEyes

Thank you for your visit to the Mercure Melbourne Spring Street and sincere apologies that you were disappointed with your stay.

We strive to ensure all guests have a positive experience at the hotel, however we greatly value all feedback when this is not the case. Rest assured that wherever possible the areas you noted will be addressed.

KreizeeEyes, should you allow us to assist with your accommodation again, please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be more than happy to ensure true Mercure service is experienced.

Yours Sincerely,

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Stayed at The Mercure on Spring St when we came from Perth to watch the Dockers at the MCG. When I made my booking online I noticed when I booked the 2 rooms one had 2 single beds which was an error on my part. I quickly phoned the hotel and told the young man there what I had done and that I wanted 2 double rooms. He asked me for my booking number and assured me he had changed the booking and everything was set. I now had a booking for 2 double rooms. When we checked in after arriving from Perth the gentleman at the desk said right you have one double and a room with 2 singles. No I said. I told him the story of phoning the hotel and he said whoever I spoke to hadn't changed the booking and the Hotel was full so he couldn't make the change. I was very upset and he began to check all his other bookings seeing if he could change anything and came up with a positive result. We now had to doulbe rooms. I was very thankful and we went off to our rooms. My son was only staying 1 night and we were staying 2 so I needed to book the hotel shuttle for him to get to the airport first thing in the morning so wanted to arrange this a.s.a.p. I went to reception not long after check in and spoke to a young man regarding booking this service. He said he would book it and gave me a ticket and said he would leave a message on our phone to confirm the booking. When we arrived back I noticed there was no message on our phone so asked the young man back at reception. He looked like he had forgotten and said he would deal with it now and I left him to it. When we came back from the game I again asked at reception and was told the shuttle company was closed for the day and we couldn't make a booking. When I said no we have a booking we are waiting for confirmation another gentleman stepped in and realised the young man had again forgotten to book my son's shuttle and assured me my son would have transport in the morning which I must say he did (thank goodness). The next day we went out as soon as my son was on his shuttle at 8 a.m. and came back around 2p.m. and found one of our ooms had been made up and the other (4 doors away) not made up. Again we got onto reception and again we were sorted out. Apart from these 3 hiccups the stay at the Mercure was extremely comforabtle. The beds beautiful, extra pillows were delivered upon request, breakfast was unreal and the views from our room spot on. I think all hotels have days when things don't go quite right (I have them days too). They learn from this and improve. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and just give them a little tip to hang around until their requests are met. Thanks to the gentleman who sorted out all our mistakes, he was very professional.

Dear crab67tkf

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It was very pleasing to note you enjoyed your time with us.

I apologise that we let you down on some occasions but I was glad we made things right.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future .

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

I booked this hotel through Expedia and chose it because it is located in a quiet street in the CBD, close to public transport and had rooms available with 2 queen size beds, all at a good rate. We were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful on our arrival and continued to be through our stay. The hotel appeared to be recently refurbished and our room was spacious (2 queen beds - very confortable), clean and quiet (double glazed windows). The room contained the basics - fridge, mini bar, coffee/tea, TV. Bathroom was a bit small with shower over bath. We had a great outlook over the park and to the Melbourne cricket ground. The lobby contained a bar and eatery with good food and trendy atmosphere.
The Mercure was a great base from which to explore Melbourne and would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet CBD location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
NMGW, Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Dear vitalv

Many thanks for the feedback.

It was very pleasing to note that you highly recommend the Mercure as a base to explore Melbourne.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Berridale, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Unfortunately my husband and I were booked into the Mecure by our Travel Agent - so had no choice of accommodation. We thought we were being booked into at least a 4-1/2 star property and found upon arrivel that this was not so. The service by the staff was acceptable , but the ambience of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. The entrance to the hotel is very awkard to negotiate with baggage and there was no assistance from the counter staff at all. The front desk is quite hidden from the street so they are probably not aware of arrivals until they appear in front of them. For older people the entrance is quite dangerous as there is no ramp for the luggage and the entry steps are at an off angle. We were given a "superior room" overlooking the park and this was the only reason given for this type of room. The rooms are very small - we at least had a queen size bed - although that left little room for our baggage. the carpets were stained and not at all inviting and there was only one quite uncomfortable chair in the room - to relax it is sit on the bed or nothing. The sheets were of poor quality and the blanket had holes in it. As for the bathroom it certainly came out of the middle of last century. Toilet in an odd position with all the piping exposed - the room did not have a clean feel to it because of the age of the tiling and the lack of chrome on the taps etc. The towels were so thin we had to have them changed each day. The hotel provides all the "bells & whistles" such as mini bar, toiletries, internet connection etc. but is certainly lacking in comfort. We decided not to make use of the safe provided as there was charge for its useage (never struck that one before). It was a very disappointing end to what had been a luxury holiday around Australia.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NMGW, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
Dear Ranibub

Thank you for your visit to the Mercure Melbourne Spring Street and sincere apologies that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

We greatly value guest comments as they allow us to constantly review and improve our services and where ever possible we will address the areas you noted to ensure comfortable stays for future guests.

Ranbib should you allow us to assist with your accommodation again, please feel free to contact me directly, and I will be more than happy to ensure true Mercure service is experienced.

Yours Sincerely,

Bunbury, Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

Great 3 night stay in late august. Staff friendly and helpful and allowed an early check-in as I had a midnight flight from Perth. Room was adequate although bathroom a bit small. Single beds a bit hard but not too uncomfortable. Close to trams and underground and easy access to MCG and theatres. Couldn't really fault the Mercure especially for the great price we got.

• Stayed August 2010
Dear ga505

Fabulous to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure

Mercure Melbourne Spring Street

Been to Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens? Share your experiences!