When i saw the pics of the hotel i was rather impressed with it. When i got there everything about this changed.
On arrival everything was great, then i checked in and we went to our rooms. I was on the first floor with an awning as my view.... not so nice. The bathroom seemed updated but extremely small. At one point i felt like i was in a dungeon but we decided to go and have some food before the kitchen closed to make the most of it. Upon arrival we were greater in the lime cafe and seated down, when we were told we need to order now before the kitchen closed. The waitress then walked into the kitchen and said out load for us to hear 'sorry guys we have another 2 people here for dinner'. This made us feel really great about our stay! We had the whole restaurant to ourselves and she put us in a corner with one of us facing a wall. Clearly she as having a bad day.
Following day we had a taxi outside who came in asked where we were going and he said he would wait outside. Checked outside and he had left without us. We think maybe because we had suitcases but went going to the airport he decided we weren't worth his time. So 30 mins later and running late we got another one.
I don't think i would bother with this place ever again. It did the job but it was not a nice room nor did we get any great service.
Also, we booked a king bed only to get 2 queen beds in the same room.... you might think 2 beds are great but 1 king is what we asked and paid for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Lime restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street