“Great Location...!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 169 Hotels in Melbourne
Boston
“Great Location...!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Mercure Gardens on Spring St for an 8 day stay. Great location to all the new happening restaurants - around the corner from Flinders Lane which is where Cumulus, Chin Chin and many other great new restaurants are. Did eat the hotel restaurant which was ok - not great - so save your hunger for all the other great places near by!

We were also staying there for our daughter's 1st birthday as I am from Melbourne but no longer live there - and the staff were great - they even left a little present in our room on the day.

The only negatives were - the bathroom as other people have mentioned is quite small and obviously with a young child a hotel room is a little small for 8 days - but we had a balcony room with a view so that made a slight difference.

Overall great friendly staff and reasonably priced!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Mullaway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here for an overnight work trip. The staff at the front desk were very polite and helpful. They even arranged for a microwave for my room when I requested one. The room was clean and comfortable. The food at the restaurant was delicious.

Room Tip: Even though my room was right next to the lift it was very quiet. The view was non-existent as I was...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
I will pass your positive feedback on to our team. Thank you for your positive review.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights. Great vibe in this hotel. Rooms and bathrooms a bit small but very well designed and nice view across to the gardens. Bar and restaurant were fantastic but always under staffed. Location was great. Loved Flinders Lane bars and restaurants. Price was great compared to other hotels. Def be back again.

• Stayed October 2013
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we will see you again soon. I am glad you enjoyed the bar & restaurant but was sorry to read that we were understaffed, without knowing exactly when you were in I imagine we did not predict the demand. Thank you for the feedback and see you again soon.
Tasmania, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed recently for one night on a business trip. Check in was pleasant and efficient, with Tania finding me a room no problem, even thought I had arrived earlier than expected. She made me feel very welcome. She also ordered me a taxi for a later appointment, which was much appreciated.
The hotel and the room were clean, with some maintenance work going on near reception.
I had a lovely compact room, which was pleasantly decorated, with a garden view. The bed & pillows were comfortable, standard mini bar, and pay for use wifi in room
The decor of the bathroom was pleasant, the shower hot and excellent pressure. The shower door however I found large for the size of the room, and would have probably been better if it were a sliding door. As the lip on the shower was not very high, there was some water leakage onto the floor. I personally would prefer a brighter light over mirror.
Room service was prompt, the food tasty and hot. I do prefer fresh milk, rather than the long life, and I assume I could have requested this if I stayed for longer.
The hotel is in easy walking distance to the CBD, being about four blocks away. There is a cafe adjacent to reception with free limited wifi in lobby.
My room was next to the lift, and it was a little noisy, but did not keep me awake or wake me.
This hotel only has steps to front reception and no ramp or lift that I could see, but no doubt staff would help with luggage if requested.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights to attend the Melbourne Cup. Staff on front counter were friendly and suggested an upgrade to privilege room to get a larger room, king bed, complimentary wifi access, bathrobes, nespresso coffee machine and balcony with garden views. For $25 extra per night we were glad we did. The room was fitted out with modern decor and the bed was very comfortable. The ensuite whilst modern was ridiculously small and seriously disappointed our stay. To say it was a tight squeeze is an understatement! Would have much preferred a larger ensuite over a room with a balcony and view. Location and access to CBD was ok with tram stop just around the corner.

Room Tip: If you stay there definitely ask for a privilege room and see if there are ones with large ensuites.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the Privilege Room amenities. I was sorry that the bathroom was too small for you. For a future stay we have 4 suites with larger bathrooms, this could be an option that you may prefer. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens

Been to Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens? Share your experiences!