“Very warm welcome and pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13 Spring St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #52 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Burnie, Australia
“Very warm welcome and pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed recently for one night on a business trip. Check in was pleasant and efficient, with Tania finding me a room no problem, even thought I had arrived earlier than expected. She made me feel very welcome. She also ordered me a taxi for a later appointment, which was much appreciated.
The hotel and the room were clean, with some maintenance work going on near reception.
I had a lovely compact room, which was pleasantly decorated, with a garden view. The bed & pillows were comfortable, standard mini bar, and pay for use wifi in room
The decor of the bathroom was pleasant, the shower hot and excellent pressure. The shower door however I found large for the size of the room, and would have probably been better if it were a sliding door. As the lip on the shower was not very high, there was some water leakage onto the floor. I personally would prefer a brighter light over mirror.
Room service was prompt, the food tasty and hot. I do prefer fresh milk, rather than the long life, and I assume I could have requested this if I stayed for longer.
The hotel is in easy walking distance to the CBD, being about four blocks away. There is a cafe adjacent to reception with free limited wifi in lobby.
My room was next to the lift, and it was a little noisy, but did not keep me awake or wake me.
This hotel only has steps to front reception and no ramp or lift that I could see, but no doubt staff would help with luggage if requested.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request a room away from the lifts.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

1,013 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Port Macquarie, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights to attend the Melbourne Cup. Staff on front counter were friendly and suggested an upgrade to privilege room to get a larger room, king bed, complimentary wifi access, bathrobes, nespresso coffee machine and balcony with garden views. For $25 extra per night we were glad we did. The room was fitted out with modern decor and the bed was very comfortable. The ensuite whilst modern was ridiculously small and seriously disappointed our stay. To say it was a tight squeeze is an understatement! Would have much preferred a larger ensuite over a room with a balcony and view. Location and access to CBD was ok with tram stop just around the corner.

Room Tip: If you stay there definitely ask for a privilege room and see if there are ones with large ensuites.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the Privilege Room amenities. I was sorry that the bathroom was too small for you. For a future stay we have 4 suites with larger bathrooms, this could be an option that you may prefer. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

On this occasion I stayed here with my sister and two nieces for a concert at Rod Laver Arena, which is a short walk.

I have stayed here previously and was amazed at the friendliness of the staff on check in and happy to say that is still the same. Arthur was very friendly, helpful. I was welcomed as a return guest and I was welcomed as an accor member.

We had the breakfast included in our deal, which we all enjoyed.

We also had a view overlooking the park, which was stunning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for the fantastic review, the team is always pleased to read such positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Pakenham, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Staff were very friendly. Hotel was clean and quiet. Bed was comfy. I would definitely stay again. I suggest bringing your own conditioner though as their conditioning shampoo left my hair feeling like straw.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Been to Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens? Share your experiences!