The hotel is low rise, with only 11 floors. Our view from the top floor was lovely- overlooking Treasury Gardens, out towards the eastern suburbs. It's very close to public transport- tram stops, including the free City Circle tram and Parliament Station. Bike lanes also pass directly in front.
The room. We paid extra for a privilege room which is well worth it. Inclusions: free in room Internet, premium tea, coffee maker, balcony, robes and slippers. The bathroom is tiny yet functional, with just enough room for toiletries near the basin. The room itself is larger than average in size, having room for a sofa and king bed. Nicely decorated. Look at pictures on the website for accurate representations. The balcony doors are double glazed so there is next to no road noise.
Housekeeping, however, was a bit hit and miss- only one glass, no teaspoons, no robes or slippers, but all were delivered upon request.
The restaurant: A highlight of our stay. The dinner menu is quite small, but still offered plenty of choices. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. Breakfast was also very reasonably priced for the quality and variety on offer. Eggs,scrambled and poached; a selection of bread, muffins, crumpets, bagels, cheese, fresh fruit etc, etc. Get a table near the window so that you can watch people scurry off to work while you relax with another fresh bagel and orange juice.
The Location: If you're in town for an event, this is the place to stay as it's not too expensive and within walking distance of theatres, sporting arenas and the CBD.
All things considered, good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Lime restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street