“Bathroom so small” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Bathroom so small”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the long week end ideal location to walk to AAMI park for the storm game. Purchased the upgrade to the balcony room which was lovely, would be ideal if the balcony door actually opened but you can't have everything I assume. Check in was rather a mess, our room was not ready at 2pm and we were told to wait. Fortunately the Manly game was shown at the bar upon my request. The staff didn't approach me when our room was ready I had to go to the desk at half time. The lifts here and corridors are dingy but you don't live in the corridors. Our room was nice with a lovely view of the gardens, melbourne is lovely in winter. The room was functional rather modern but the upgrades we done at a price, rather low. Now the bathroom. Ensure that you go on a diet to just enter, this is smaller than hotels in Singapore, fortunately it was clean and modern. Overall pleasant stay but don't expect breakfast after 10am and the coffee was cold in the lounge.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
KarenLTaylor, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I was pleased to read that overall you had a pleasant stay. I have however taken particular note of your comments and have passed them on to the team. Please be assured that if you have any issues during your stay we have team members who can assist. We hope to see you again in the future.
Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Gippsland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with great staff - friendly and efficient service. Great room with a magnificent view and and excellent quality. The location is great with access to great coffee shops, pubs and the park. Fast becoming my favorite hotel !!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your very positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed for 1 night midweek, and overall it was a very disappointing experience.
I waited some time at check in as 2 staff members tapped away on computers and ignored my presence totally. When one did serve me I was given no welcome to the hotel and no acknowledgement of Platinum club status.
I was unhappy with the location of my room right next to the lift. When I requested another room apparently the only option available was a higher category room which I had to pay extra for! The hotel corridors and rooms are dark and small. Windows in the rooms are small, so although you pay for 'garden views' you only get views if you stand at the window, there is no line of sight view from elsewhere in the room.
The ensuite has been renovated and whilst small it is clean and functional. Amenities in the bathroom are very limited.
TV provided all the digital channels. I didn't utlise the wifi, or any meal services.
Check out was quick, however the staff member was very disinterested, I was not thanked for choosing to stay at the hotel and I don't think I will choose to stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I would like to reassure you that we value your business; however reading your feedback I appreciate that you did not get this impression during your stay. Please accept my apology that our team appeared disinterested. We generally pride ourselves in excellent service which disappoints me to note that you did not experience this. We hope to see you again in the future and if I can assist in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Terang, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Good value for money, Good access to city centre and China town.
Courteous staff, check in & out was speedy, no fuss.
Meals in Lime restaurant were above average.
After a night out stop at Pelligini's for a cappuccino or latte on the way back to the motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Angaston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having stayed here before and after the renovations, I think it's probably one of the better value places to stay in Melb.

The new decor is nice, comfortable and I really like the Flinders Street motif on the wall.

Checking in early for a one night stay, we were offered luggage check till we returned later in the day.

Only thing I was disappointed with - the park view room booked turned into a view of the office block at the back of the building.

Would I stay here again - yes.

Room Tip: Park view rooms are better than looking at the back of the office block next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review. Please do not hesitate to request a specific floor or aspect in the future and we will do our best to accommodate. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Location of this hotel is great and the cleanliness/value also good if booking with Accor Advantage plus. The big let down was the service at the front desk upon check in and check out. Way too many mistakes and in the end I just walked away knowing the bill was still not right? Just couldnt be bothered correcting all the issues and mistakes...

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

I was very sorry to read your review. I would be more than happy to discuss the issues that you faced regarding your account, please feel free to contact me directly as I would like to resolve this for you.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family love this hotel - opposite the park, near the no. 35 tram, close to the footy grounds and within walking distance of Melbourne's street art laneways, galleries, shops and restaurants. The rooms are excellent and the staff are personable, discreet and helpful. We have stayed at this hotel numerous times and we can only find one fault - the view from the hotel windows overlooking the Treasury Gardens is marred by dirty glass. Not just on this visit but every time we have stayed in the hotel. Which is a shame because we find no other fault.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your fantastic review! I am sorry that the dirty windows marred the view. We have just had them cleaned again and will continue to monitor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens

Been to Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens? Share your experiences!