Our second time staying here, but first after the renovations. Location is Spring St - so its top end of the CBD, closed to trains and trams. A short walk down into the mall & handy to all things Melbourne and being on Spring St, it’s not right next to a thumping club/pub.
Room was comfortable, with a view out on to the park. Funky print of Flinders St Train station adorned the wall above the bed. The chair was a bit hard to sit in, so didn’t bother. Bed was very comfortable. A bonus is late checkout of 11am, extended to 2pm on Sundays if you ask.
The staff were helpful and friendly, even if it was after midnight when we arrived. Housekeeping (the mystery crew) appeared to do a good job, the room was tidy and bathroom cleaned.
Having stayed there before, I wasn’t disappointed and would go back again, but my only gripe (and this applies to lots of hotels not just this one), the bathroom floods when you are in the shower. Not enough to go into the rest of the room, but enough that you waste a full size towel on the floor.
But would I go back – yes. Its great location, pleasant staff and late check out make up for the bathroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near state parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Lime restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Tennis Centre, AAMI Park and Hisence Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street