I stayed here with a friend and we were upgraded to a bigger room with a view of the park. Reception was friendly, but quite slow- but the upgrade made up for this. Being an old hotel, the corridors were rather dark and narrow, but once you got to your room it was nice and bright. The rooms have a modern trendy feel- mod striped carpet and photo bedheads with scenes of Melbourne. The rooms have a nice fresh feel, as do the bathrooms- but ours was tiny, but the shower itself was spacious and had good pressure and a good shower rose. It appears that the desk cabinet was not new and although it looked quite good it was a little chipped and could have done with a new top (when the hotel was recently renovated). Our upgraded room had a lovely view of the gardens and the MCG.
We were offered parking nearby for $30 and thought this was too expensive, so we parked at Crown Casino for $10. Breakfast was quite good, although the bacon was barely cooked and they needed to refill the eggs and pastries. The restaurant also overlooks the gardens. All in all a very pleasant place to stay and yes I would recommend the Mecure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens is in the city centre, near State Parliament, and overlooks picturesque Treasury Gardens. The hotel features 164 rooms, Lime restaurant, bar and conference facilities for up to 200 people. The many boutiques of Collins Street are close by and it is an easy walk to Federation Square, the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Rod Laver Arena, AAMI Park and Hisense Arena. The free city circle tram stops right at the front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Melbourne Treasury Gardens Hotel Melbourne
- Accor Melbourne Spring Street