“Good Location, well equipped apartment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   189 Queens Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Melbourne)   |
Ranked #28 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Australia
“Good Location, well equipped apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in a Deluxe one bedroom apartment on the 16th floor over the Christmas/New Year Period. The apartment was very nice with a view over toward the Docklands area (no balcony). It had a bedroom separated from the living room, with an open plan kitchenette, with oven, cooktop and microwave and full size fridge. We had a flat screen TV with Foxtel (although no Sky News). The location is good during the day time because it is a short walk to the tram stop at the top of the corner of Queen street. You can get direct trams there to St Kilda or just walk down to the main Bourke Street Mall area / Swanston Street for a better selection of trams. The hotel was close to some good eating options around Little Collins Street and Hardware Lane. The bed was very comfortable. The only negative comment is that the air conditioning vent was bit too close to the bed and the air conditioning felt too strong breezing down on me. My husband found the lap pool really useful. It also has a small gym.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

It was a great hotel for us to stay. We had a queen size bed, one bedroom. The rooms are large, with a fully independent bedroom and nice amenities (large flat screen TV, good kitchen). The service was very nice, including a complimentary bottle of wine and toys for our child, a gesture we really appreciated. From one of the room we stayed in we had a great view of Sydney as it was on the corner of the building. Great sunset from our living room! The location is also very practical, walking distance from the busy streets and the river. The staff also was very helpful, smiling and accommodating. If you chose it, book it online on their website as they have very advantages rates.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Lovely well appointed apartments located centrally in the city.
Kitchenette was well appointed and the staff we great providing umbrellas due to the weekend of torriential downpours. It was an extremely busy weekend at the hotel however the staff honestly could not have been more accomodating.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

I am very pleased with my selection of the medina. I would highly recommend doing the service apartment route when traveling with children in Melbourne. We have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath fully equipped unit. We are travelling with a 13 and 17 yrs old daughters. The only complaint was that we were expecting two twins in one of the rooms and instead got queen size in both bedrooms. So had to endure complaints from the 17 yr. old about complaining about her sister. Thats a spoiled child issue. The rooms are tastefully decorated and in good condition and clean. The bathrooms are spacious with one having a full shower and the other with a tub shower combo. The kitchen is comfortable size with all necessary utensils. There is a grocery store about 2 blocks away where we stocked up. Food in Melbourne is very expensive in the restaurants especially with the U.S. dollar worth one to one. We have been doing breakfast and lunch in and then splurge on dinner. The great thing about the Medina is because of the location being so close to all the major attractions, we can return to the hotel for lunch so easily or come back just to rest and take a break. The staff at the front desk have been very polite. I worked out in the gym which is adequate with treadmills and bikes, weights ect but no elliptical to the dismay of my husband with the bad knees. The pool is clean but water seems a little cool. But being from Sacramento, I am used to pool water at 80degrees and above. I would definitely stay here again

Nelson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

We recently stayed for 6 nights in a one-bedroom apartment and were really impressed. The checkin was very fast and Henry really helpful with tips on where to go and what to do. The apartment was on the 15th floor on the corner of Little Bourke and Queen Street with a balcony on two sides and great views. The decor is very modern with stylish furniture. The apartment had everything we needed for our stay, including a full kitchen. The Medina Grand is so centrally located it was only a couple of minutes to walk to Bourke Street Mall and the shops. Hardware Lane is even closer and it was wonderful to have such a selection of great Italian restaurants to eat at every evening. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Medina Grand and would recommend it to anyone travelling to Melbourne. We'll certainly go back again in the future.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

My family of 5 adults stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom with a rollaway bed for 2 nights. We were on the 8th floor. Apart from some noise coming from the room next door during the Friday night, all was relatively quiet. Everything was clean, the air-con was fine and the hotel is in a great spot. Any staff member that I dealt with at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I booked an advance purchase rate and this was all prepaid. Just incase your credit card balance is close to the limit like mine usually is, please note that they do require a secuirty deposit. Mine was $100. Unfortunately it was my fault that I misunderstood the procedure. I do know that taking your credit card details for this purpose is common practice, I just didn't realise it would be charged straight away. Obviously this is refunded if all is well with the room etc,. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

The hotel looks like a decent place. It fell very far short of that after my stay here recently.

My flight got in late, so I checked in around 11PM.
The night clerk was OK. I then found that after checkin my bank account had $1,000 being withheld from it - I was not told this policy at all, I was expecting maybe a one night deposit when they took me card - not this much! I was treated arrogantly when I tried to ask why so much money was being held by the hotel. It was a really poor start, since it was a special holiday for me on a specific budget.

I was awoken every morning at 6AM sharp for 3 nights in a row. Workmen set up right on my balcony! Every morning. I was not informed until the Friday afternoon with a note under my door to say that there may be work happening outside causing noise during the following week. It was of no use to me as I was checking out that next day anyway. I probably should have asked to be moved to another room, so partly my fault too. But still, they just don't seem to care here.

Won't be back that's for sure. Clean hotel though, it's a bit of a trek into the cultural precinct. Good for business travelers with a big wallet to cope with the oversized checkin deposit withholding, and hopefully not a room with workmen outside at dawn!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!