“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   189 Queens Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Melbourne)   |
Ranked #28 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Singapore, Singapore
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We are a family of 5 adults and stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment. The room was large with 2 comfortable big beds and a sofa in the living room. The kitchen was fully equipped and well maintained. I loved the walk-in wardrobe in the bedroom!

The location was just perfect with easy access to the train station, bus and tram stops. The staff was friendly and helpful too.

We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Damian G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Sharifah067,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback!

The team and I were delighted to hear about the friendly and helpful service you received.
Our two bedroom apartments bring our brands tag line to life of ‘A home away from home’ all of the living space, storage space and well equipped kitchen so you can cook up a feast; everything a travelling family could need.

We are excited that you enjoyed our central location as everything is within easy reach, trams on the corner, shopping, Queen Victoria Markets and restaurants.

Sharifah067, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Many thanks once again for the fantastic feedback.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Mount Gravatt East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location. Walking distance to Bourke Street Mall and the CBD. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby in Hardware Lane as well as Queen Street Rescue cafe adjacent to the hotel building. A taxi rank outside the hotel makes it easy to get transport if you need to go further afield than the city.
We had contact with the hotel prior to our stay and they we always very couteous and helpful, going out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable.
The rooms are a little tired and could do with a freshen up but are well catered, very clean and serviced daily. We stayed in a Penthouse apartment - four adults and a baby. A high chair was provided free of charge and we had all the other requirements with us. At night, when the baby was sleeping, we did have to be conscious of the volume of the television and our talking because the upstairs bedrooms have shutters which open on to the downstairs living area.
One criticism would be the wi-fi. We generally felt that it was expensive and connectivity was inconsistent. Not sure why Australian hotels don't provide free wi-fi as in overseas hotels. If problems are experienced, contact the hotel ISP at the time. We mentioned it at the time of check out and our account was reduced but (because we were able to use it) not significantly.
Overall though, an excellent stay in this hotel. We definitely would stay again and recommend it to friends

Dear Jamadii,

Thank you for the excellent feedback.

We have a fantastic location with great access to trams, trains, buses and taxis close by. Perfect for exploring all that Melbourne has to offer, and for venturing beyond the CBD.

I was thrilled to read about the service you received from the team, before you had even checked-in to the hotel, and the cleanliness of your apartment. Our penthouses have been designed to enable maximum views of the city from the upstairs bedrooms.

I have passed on your comments to our internet provider; if you do choose to stay with us again we do provide free half hour internet per day for our guests in the lobby.

The team and I were pleased that your stay was ‘excellent’ and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Many Thanks,

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My fiance and I stayed about a week at the Adina and we were both very impressed with the quality of the rooms, cleanliness and services provided. House keeping was spotless, and very friendly and respectful staff. We were disappointed with the outrageous cost of wifi, but overall we enjoyed our stay, and will return again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Damian G, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Emily K,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback!

The team and I were delighted to read about the fantastic service you received from the friendly team and the quality of the rooms at the hotel. Housekeeping were especially pleased by the comment you made “spotless” sometimes back of house team members don’t get recognised for their hard work so thank you for this recognition it is very appreciated.

I have passed on your comments to our internet provider; if you do choose to stay with us again we do provide 30 minutes per day of free internet for our guests in our lobby.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, Queen Street in the future.

Many thanks,

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Room was great, with a great view. The Facilities were great. The location of the hotel is excellent for those looking for easy access to the city as it is within walking distance. However, as we had a car, parking was a bit of a problem as the parking facilities were a bit small. But overall, I would still recommend it to those looking for a hotel close to the heart of Melbourne.

Dear souppyfanatix,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

The team and I are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay especially that you got to experience the beautiful views of our city. Being an apartment style hotel the facilities we provide compared to a normal hotel does make a difference contributing to a more comfortable experience. Our central location gives our guests the ability to explore Melbourne with ease, with access to trams just on the corner.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne soon!

Many thanks once again,

New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Have stayed here twice and have recommended it to family and friends who have also stayed here.

Check in staff were efficient and friendly, no offer of help from concierge with our bags, but if we had needed it I’m sure they would have helped.
Had a room on the 6th floor, which had 2 windows that opened and it was nice to have fresh air, although did get a little bit noisey at times, especially early morning when revellers were still partying.

Room came with a kitchen (not used, other than the fridge), lounge with TV, washing machine and dryer, and separate bedroom with another TV. Found the shower pressure a little on the low side, shower was over the bath and it was quite a high step into the bath. Room was nice and clean, bed pretty comfy, but pillows a bit on the hard side. Having a washing machine was great, it meant we didn’t have to go looking for a laundrette.
There is no free internet in the room, but there is 30 minutes free in the lobby a day. A much better deal is go next door to the restaurant/café/bar and use their free internet. If you like a coffee it only costs $2.50 in the morning and you can check your emails, while waiting for the coffee.

There is a tram stop just round the corner in Bourke Street, which if you go down the hill one stop and get off at Elizabeth Street, there is a good tourist information centre.

Grab yourself a Myki which gives you access to the tram network, we managed to go all over Melbourne and found it was a great way to travel and see more of the sights. If you are wanting to get out of the city and go to a shopping mall, Highpoint shopping mall is about 35 minutes out of the city, accessible by tram route 57. It is a little walk up the hill from the tram stop and you may need to ask the tram driver which stop it is as it is not clearly marked.

The hotel staff are friendly, location is great, and if we’re back in Melbourne, we’ll be back to stay at the Adina.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor if noise is a problem.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CyberGreen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback for your recent stay.

The team and I were delighted to read about your fantastic stay and the friendly service you received.

Adina Apartment Hotel’s concept is to provide space be it for work or play in central locations a lifestyle experience. Judging from your review we are glad we were able to provide you a home away from home with the facilities our apartment offer.

It is great to hear you made use of our tram system with the stop just on the corner. We are pleased that you had the opportunity to explore this eclectic and cultural city we call home!

Once again thank you, myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, Queen St Soon!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Good place to stay in Melbourne- clean, comfortable and well located. The apartments are quite spacious and modern. It was my first visit earlier this month I will go back when I stay in Melbourne for work.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear daveadler,

Thank you for your great feedback!

We are glad you enjoyed space and modern facilities of our apartments. The housekeeping department were very pleased you recognised the cleanliness of the hotel.

Daveadler, we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, Queen Street in the near future. Thank you once again for your feedback.

Many Thanks,

Damian

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

1)Disappointing service of the hotel staff. During my stay I never see any staff smile at us. We checked in early about 9AM. We then went out for meal and back to hotel to get keys to enter the rooms at 2PM(your hotel check in time). A Chinese(I guess so) lady staff with her unfriendly expression on her face told us room fully booked, can't put our apartments side by side. We have to walk a long way from left to right pass by the lift area between our 2 apartments. I fully paid the rooms 2 months earlier thru expedia on 8thOct, request for 2 rooms side by side, & the answer from the staff is room fully booked, what kind of silly answer? My full payment booking is not in the category of fully booked? then which category my booking should be? Category of last minute booking?
2)when I called up from room to request for power socket converter, someone answered my call & I were asked to get from reception. Within a minute, I went down to get from them, again the Chinese lady staff told me that they running out of the converter! I told her I just called & told to get from reception, she asked me the name of the staff that answer my call, what a ridicules question? I just ask for a converter, why should I care about the name? After I insisted, the lady staff went into the office room & came out with a converter! A minute before she told me no converter, a minute after she gave me the converter!
3)I will never stay in this hotel anymore with the unfriendly staff service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joseph S, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear cml22,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

I was disappointed to read about your experience with the team on reception. This is not indicative of the service we provide at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, as you can ready the below testimonials.

All of our 2 bedroom apartments cannot be allocated side by side due to the design of the building. We had tried to accommodate your request to the best of our ability by placing both of your apartments on the same floor.

After receiving your feedback we have since received a large order of power adapters, during the time you were with us we had unexpected group of International guests in house. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so no future guests have this issue.

Due to your disappointed can I kindly ask you to contact directly me at the hotel? I would like the opportunity to rectify our shortfall service. Please feel free to contact me on + 61 (0)3 9934 0000

Many thanks,

Joseph Stipo
Hotel Manager
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!