“Great apartment in central Melbourne” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   189 Queens Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Melbourne)   |
Ranked #27 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Great apartment in central Melbourne”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Really good value apartment hotel in the centre of Melbourne.
Location is great only 5 minutes walk from the Bourke Street Mall.
Room was excellent with lots of space, a balcony & great view over the city.
Seperate bedroom with it's own tv, seperate living area with another tv, full sized kitchen.
I pod docking station in the bedroom, & also a dining area.
Very clean & comfortable & nice decor.
Good sized bathroom although shower over bath combo.
Minimal noise from other guests so sound proofing was pretty good.
There is also a pool, gym, & sauna although I did not check this out.
Much nicer experience than being cramped in a small hotel room & for the same or less money why wouldn't you book an apartment?
Cafe downstairs did good coffee, food was nice, & room service from them was also prompt & good value.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked on the Qantas website which had a deal on & bonus frequent flyer points also.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I traveled with my parents, who are in their 60's, and chose this hotel after thorough research. Rates, location, facilities, comfort and reviews all played a part in my decision. I'm glad I spent some time doing this as I was extremely happy with Adina Apartments.

When we arrived at around 2.30pm, we found our room wasn't ready. We had originally planned to arrive a little later, but our flights had been amended; considering check in time was 2.00pm, I didn't see the need to advise the property. The young man on reception rang to check if our room was ready, and I could tell house keeping were giving him a bit of a hard time, suggesting we were supposed to be checking in later. However, we left our luggage at reception and went for a wander. When we returned at around 4.00pm, our bags were all ready moved to our room.

Our 2 Bedroom Apartment - room 147 - was very clean and modern, with a huge television, fully equipped kitchen and two large bedrooms, both with ensuties.

The main bedroom had a queen bed with a walk in wardrobe and shower over bath. It also had floor to ceiling windows with an opening window. The second bedroom had a king bed (or two singles) with a walk in shower and washing machine and dryer tucked away behind a door. It didn't have a window, but that was because it was on the far side of the apartment. Both rooms also had a very large television mounted on the wall.

The living area had a two seater couch and two funky chairs, but these were very low, hard to get out of and not overly comfortable to sit in for a while. There was a a small balcony overlooking Queen Street. We were on level 17, so we had the most magnificent views over the city.

Even though Queen Street is very busy, the apartment itself was very quiet at night. The only thing we could hear was the air conditioning, and that was because the fan was on (which you can turn off). The beds were extremely comfy.

The only thing I found a little odd was that the bathrooms had a plastic shower base/bath. You can't notice until your standing on them, and I guess they're easy to keep clean and replace. I just hadn't come across that before! They were very clean and spacious though.

Adina Apartments are very central. You're around the corner from Bourke Street and the main shopping areas, 10 minutes walk to Queen Victoria Markets, across the road from a convenience store and 7/11 (pricey - as most city stores are). There are coffee shops and restaurants galore, a Subway and MacDonald's close by. Trams don't run up Queen Street, but you are only around the corner from them. There is a taxi rank out the front, and the Skybus will pick up and drop off right outside.

I would recommend Adina Apartments to anyone, and I would definitely come back and stay. We had a wonderful time in Melbourne, and it was great to come back to an apartment that felt like home. All staff were very friendly and helpful and the reception area is beautiful, especially at night when they light candles

On a side note, we didn't eat at the attached restaurant - Queen Street Rescue - but the menu looked great and it seems to have a lovely atmosphere. We did have breakfast at Degani, which is two doors down. Fantastic service, great food and such reasonable prices. Thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Great views and les noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights while attending a conference for work. I was immediately impressed when checking in as I arrived early- the helpful man behind the desk upgraded me from a Queen to a King sized room so I could check in straight away.
Extremely polite and helpful.
The room was a bit smaller than I expected but for one person who's complaining? And it was very clean and well stocked with everything.
A real highlight of this place is a little restaurant attached - great food, great service and you can charge everything back to your room. I had a delicious breakfast there (great coffee) and the atmosphere was so warm and friendly. Would def recommend.
Check out was pain-free and things were made even easier by a taxi stand right out the front.
A good little apartment for a short stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Alexandria T, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Eblatch,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback in relation to your stay, the QSR restaurant and our delightful team members. I will make sure that this is passed onto our team.

On behalf of the team, thank you once again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina soon.

Warm Regards,

Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Rm 4, level 6.
- I had the corner room, large lounge space, clean kitchen and bathroom. Adequate lighting.
Staff is friendly and efficient . Location is close to shops, restaurants, and the convenient store's just across the street. The only thing was the check out process , it was a Sunday , only 2 receptionists and the queue was long, the lobby was full , it took me 15-20 minutes.. but I'll definitely stay in this apartment hotel again

• Stayed February 2013
Dear jiem888,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne.

I am delighted that you found our team to be friendly and efficient and that you found the hotel to be in a great location to explore Melbourne.

We appreciate your comments regarding your check-out experience and have addressed your concerns with the front office department in order to improve our overall guest experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards
Griffith, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with three friends. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our apartment was very modern and clean. We received a bottle of wine on arrival as this was our first stay here. The hotel is very central only a 5min walk to the CBD and 15min walk to Crown Casino. I would recommend you eat at the restaurant be it breakfast, lunch or dinner or for a drink before you go out. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandria T, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Narelle D,

The team at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed not only the location of the hotel but found our team to be very friendly and helpful. Great feedback in relation to guest service is an imperative aspect of focus that the entire team at Adina Melbourne aspires to achieve.

Myself and the Adina Melbourne team would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with this wonderful feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Adina in the near future.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a three bed room apartment which was great for three couples. We arrived on a red eye and they accommodated as immediately so we could get a snooze before hitting the town. They also have as a late check out which was so appreciated. The rooms were clean, with all of the items you need for snacks and coffees. Big enough for three couples to relax with a great balcony and views. Staff were excellent will come back again. Close to the CBD and the tram is 100 metres away.

Stayed April 2013
Dear macca5306,

Myself and the team would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne.

I agree that the space and amenities offered within our Three Bedroom Apartments are a rare gem not only within the Melbourne CBD but rival all others within Australia.

I am delighted that the team at Adina Melbourne were able to accommodate you immediately via offering an early check-in after your red eye flight prior to yourself and your friends hitting the town.

I have not only passed on your delightful feedback to the front office team but also the hotel’s housekeeping team members behind the scenes that allow us to exceed guest expectations.

The team at Adina Melbourne are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and our central location and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Me and my partner stayed here whilst on a short break to Melbourne. The rooms are very nice and well equipped. The view is good too although when I requested a high floor with views I expected a little more than just buildings.
The reception staff were friendly but when asking about how to use the tram system they didn't really help more said that what we wanted to see was too close to need to use it. I realise that we are a young couple and maybe that why we don't 'need' to use it but while in Melbourne it is one thing we wanted to do.
While staying here make sure to eat at the restaurant (Queen Street Rescue) as well as it is lovely.
I would definetly recommend staying here as its central and well looked after.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Penny Y,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne.

The team and I are pleased that you found the hotel’s rooms to be nice, enjoyed the restaurant’s offerings and the hotel’s team to be friendly.

I have shared your constructive feedback involving our concierge offerings and information provided in relation to Melbourne’s trams systems and apologise on behalf of the team that the service requested was not provided to the full extent.

Once again the team at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne thank you for your feedback and would love to welcome you back again next time you are in Melbourne.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!