“AMAZING!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   189 Queens Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Medina Grand Melbourne)   |
Ranked #29 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“AMAZING!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

My stay at this hotel was amazing, when we got there we were upgraded to penthouse suites and my friend and I had a whole suite to ourselves. As 15 year olds this was heaven, especially since it was our first time in melbourne. It is in a great location and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted and we were also close to the tram line. This hotel is very classy and has great service. I was only able to stay overnight but i am sure it would be amazing to go back and stay longer. The only disappointment was the pool was closed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We stayed at the Medina Grand for a week on a recent trip to Melbourne over Easter. The hotel is centrally located in the CBD, one block from the Bourke Street Mall with the main shops. There is a taxi stand right out the front of the hotel and a tram stop in Bourke Street half a block away. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a one bedroom apartment which, we thought, was to have full cooking facilities, but it didn't. We had planned to cook most of our meals, as we thought most shops and restaurants would be closed Good Friday, but had to eat out instead. The room was okay, nothing to rave about. Luckily, there was an excellent cafe downstairs off the foyer, which we ate at most of the time and was open right through Easter. Another plus was the airport shuttle bus which picked us up from our hotel and dropped us off at the Spencer Street terminal for the bus trip to the airport. I would stay here again, mainly for the location, but I would check that the room I had booked had full cooking facilities.

Room Tip: Make sure the room you have booked has all the facilities you want, ie cooking.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Lunardello, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

We are deligfhted you enjoyed your stay at Medina Grand Melbourne.

All of our one, two and three bedroom apartments have a full kitchen with a 4 hob cooktop and underbench oven, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge/freezer. It is our studio rooms that have microwave and minibar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Melbourne in one of our apartments that I am sure you will be delighted with.

Mount Gambier
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Had a one bedroom penthouse suite over the weekend. The room was set out nicely with a mezzanine floor for the bedroom and bathroom. The room itself was quite comfortable though the aircon could probably be updated ( it worked fine and wasn't a 1970s aircon but was still a touch noisy in the bedroom). The hotel is located centrally and transport abounds though the CBD can be accessed by walking. The room had a laundry and a kitchen in the lowe area. There is a restaurant open long hours next door and they provide room service if required.

Overall a nice room but at $300 a night could do with an overhaul. The only bad point as I see it was on the penthouse floor, you could hear the lifts operating as they serviced the hotel. It wasn't a loud noise but in the quiet of night, when you were getting off to sleep, it was a little annoying ( though I must point out that I live in the countryside so I may be a little more sensitive to noise than others) though it didn't stop me from getting a sleep.

Would I stay in the penthouse suite again...I don't think so, would I stay in the hotel again...yes, it was actually a nice place to stay

Room Tip: Probably choose a room at a lower level than the penthouse
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback.

We are deighted you enjoyed your stay in Melbourne and look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Melbourne in the near future.

Best regards

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a few issues with this hotel. First let me start of by saying the room itself is quite large (we had the 1 bedroom apartment) and the view from the balcony is stunning. The location of this hotel is also great and there's plenty of taxis roaming around Queen St so it's fairly easy to get around.
The first thing we noticed when we walked into our room was the smell. There was a horrible smell coming out of the air conditioner, we immediately had to turn it off and open the windows to air out the room. I don't think this would be the case with every room (well at least I hope not) however our room just smelt horrible. Lucky the weather was cool/warm when we were there otherwise it would have been a disaster had we needed to use the aircon.

Secondly, I booked 2 nights at Medina under the same name, but on 2 reservations as Wotif had some great rates if I booked seperately. When checking in, I informed them about this and requested that the reservations be linked so there are no issues with the room key. I was told this would be ok however the next night after returning from a big day shopping, the room card was disabled. I then had to drag all the shopping back downstairs to the lobby, que up and wait for the receptionist to reactivate the card. Annoying!

All in all, I would rate this an average hotel. Bathroom needs to be updated as well as the decor, but the location is excellent and rooms are spacious.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and can happily advise that we have a refurbishment planned for the coming months.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Grand Melbourne on your next visit.

Rotorua, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in Melbourne at this centrally located Hotel / Apartment. The room we had was excellent, very clean, with full cooking facilities, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer (which is extremely handy when you are away from home), we were able to get all our washing up to date before continuing on our journey. The room we had was a disabled room which should have suited me with my walking disability. For me the biggest problems were the height of the bed (almost on the floor) and the height of the seat in the shower (built for midgets). I found these very difficult, being a taller person and had to improvise to work around the problems, it's surprising what you can do when you have to. A bit more attention to these 2 areas needs to be done to call this a good disabled room, hence my lower rating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, it has proven very helpful.

Your requests are a very simple fix that I would have loved to be able to provide you during your visit.

newbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Centrally located near melbourne's attractions and close to lots of restaurants in Hardware Lane, this is a very convenient apartment hotel. Apartment is good sized, kitchen well equipped for holidays, the washer and dryer are a god-send when staying away from home for any length of time and the whole place is clean and well furnished.
Within a short walk of the free tram but a bit of a hike if you want to get to Federation Square or the train station. However there are always taxis outside the hotel. Because of its central location many of the excursions will pick you up outside.
You must eat at the QSR bistro attached-it's fab.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
western australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed in a three bedroom apartment for 5 nights recently. The apartment was really cleaned well -- dishes put in dishwasher,bathrooms cleaned. The hotel is in a great location close to trams and trains.
Would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher up apartments make it a peaceful nights sleep.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lunardello, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
The team at Medina Grand Melbourne are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay in our 3 bedroom apartment along with the hotels very central location.

We thank you for sharing your feedback with Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Gran Melbourne in the near future.

Area Hotel General Manager

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Melbourne? Share your experiences!