“Highly recommend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra

You added Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52 Darling Street | South Yarra, Melbourne, Victoria 3141, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive South Yarra)   |
Ranked #59 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Highly recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights here and would definitely recommend it and go back again. The pool area is now functioning and they also have a steam room and small gym - not bad considering the room rate! Location is great, a short walk to the train station and two short stops later you are in the city, so I disagree with previous post that getting to the city is hard..it is easy! Trams close by too so the whole city is accessible. The recent decor update has been done tastefully and the room with seperate bedroom was a fantastic space to spend time in. Has own balcony with opening doors if you enjoy fresh air instead of stuffy hotel airconditioning. If you are wanting something in a truly Melbourne area just on the edge of the city, with shops and transport close by, at a great price, then I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Medina Executive South Yarra.

We are pleased you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms at great prices and our ideal location to all public transport.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The room was clean and the service was great. I just wish it was in a better location! We were a young couple that spent most of the day doing the tourist attractions and most of the night out at resturants, bars etc however the distance to travel after a night in the heart of Melbourne started to get pretty annoying. When your only there for a short stay I would definitley stay closer into the heart of Melbourne so you have more time to cram things in. Melbourne is not a huge city and it does have a great transport network - just not at night!! (taxis get very expensive)

Room Tip: There is a train line on one side of the hotel, if you can get as high up as possible or ask for a s...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thankyou for your feedback about your stay at Medina Executive South Yarra in November 2011.
Since your stay we have had our refurbishment completed which included soundproofing of all bedrooms facing the railway line. This now provides a good night sleep for all our guests.

South Yarra is a fabulous area with a short walk from the hotel you have many restaurants on Toorak Road, shopping down Chapel Street and the South Yarra train station is only 3 stops away from Flinders Street station in the heart of Melbourne.

We hope to see you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend for one night, but the experience was beyond excellence!! The one-bedroom apartment was clean, cozy and homely, and the mini kitchen was fully equipped, which is perfect for family vacations. While staying here, it felt just like staying at home! My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay here, and we sure will stay here again for our next visit. The recreation was great too!! Medina South Yarra surely is one of the best accommodations in Melbourne area. I will recommend it to my friends and family :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thankyou for providing your feedback on your recent stay at Medina Executive South Yarra.
The team and I are delighted to hear you felt at home and enjoyed our recreation facilities. The heated indoor pool is a great way to warm up on these cold Melbourne days.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive South Yarra in the not to distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel before reading thd reviews and was genuinely concerned about what we would find !!!!

All i can say us that this was one of the best and most stylish hotels I have stayed in - an immaculate 2 bed apartment - no problem with parking - staff were excellent - would be VERY happy to stay here anytime.

• Stayed May 2012
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Thankyou for taking the time to provide your positive comments on our recently refurbished property. The team and I are so proud of our new product and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Medina Executive South Yarra when your next in Melbourne.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have stayed several times at Medina South Yarra and each time I have found it to be of an A+ standard.
My husband and I do live in Melbourne but if we have a function in the city we opt to have a night out and will stay here.
We find paying almost the same amount in a taxi to get home is a good reason to have a spoil.
The staff are polite and helpful and have even remembered us (again I express the fact that we have only stayed there on 3 or 4 occasions)
We were advised of the refurbishment occurring and from what I have seen so far, it’s going to look fantastic once complete. Staff told us to let them know if we found anything wrong with the apartments we had stayed in so that they are aware of them. But again we have been advised of the changes and understand that these things do take time.
The sound proofing of the windows has been fantastic! Although the trains didn’t bother me too much previously, I can certainly tell the difference!
The location is ideal for us. We can go for a walk down the road and have dinner or breakfast. It’s close enough to the city without being in the city. The parking could have used more thought in the building process. It is a tight turn but in the same breath I know my car is safe & secure so it’s better than being on the street risking parking fines or thefts. And I have had a bad experience with valet so I prefer to park my own car.
Overall our experiences have been positive and if we have had any issues (our movie froze at 1am) we have found that either the staff or the Manager (who personally attended) has been extremely helpful in finding a way to rectify it speedily and with as little inconvenience to us as possible.
We will stay here again and will certainly recommend to our friends / family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thankyou for taking the time to provide your feedback on your stay at Medina Executive South Yarra.
The team and I are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location.
Our refurbishment is now complete and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience our wonderful new product.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Nice apartment under ground but courtyard with sky access. Bit of noise as reception above but the cigarette smell is revOlting ! Some guests I guess just are rude n addicted - disgustING right now

• Stayed May 2012
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra, responded to this review, May 16, 2012

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back next time your in Melbourne.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Fabulous service, fresh, newly renovated rooms and an awesome location. You can't go wrong if you book a room at this great hotel. Thanks for helping to make my trip to Melbourne so enjoyable, comfortable and of course affordable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
jturner13, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Thankyou so much for providing your positive feedback. The team at Medina Executive South Yarra are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our newly refurbished property.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel South Yarra? Share your experiences!