We recently spent 1 night at The Park Hyatt. I was lucky enough to have a gift certificate which included valet parking, breakfast for 2 & 1 night accommodation.
The hotel is wonderful & the service was generally good. Our King room was huge & beautifully appointed. The bathroom was fantastic & everything you could want was at hand. You could even order certain toiletry items complimentary if you forgot them.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious, though there was a little confusion with our poached egg order & it was given to another guest, however when we received them, they were cooked to perfection, though our toast in the meantime had gone cold. Oh well, first world problems, i know!
The swimming pool & spa was great. Though the spa is a very strange shape. We were even able to continue to use the pool & spa facilities after check out, so that was a nice way to spend an afternoon.
We did encounter a few issues, that were resolved, however at a 5 star hotel, i expected a little bit more of attention to detail.
1. My confirmation advised a 2pm check in time, I arrived approx 3pm, however room was not ready. I didn't end up getting access to the room until approx. 4pm, i was not the only person that encountered this, it seemed to be the norm when i stayed. I was offered a complimentary drink in the lounge which was nice, however for a 5star hotel, i expected rooms to be ready at check-in not 2 hours after check-in.
2. Received a bill under the door during the night for $50 for valet parking. On the way to breakfast went to front desk to advise that valet was included in the voucher. The girl helping me spoke to the person who had checked me in the previous day who advised that it wasn't included. I said look at the voucher, it stipulates valet parking, after retrieving the voucher, he admitted to not reading the voucher properly.
3. Upon checkout, was given a bill for $80 for 2 breakfasts. I advised that breakfast was included in the voucher. Again, they had to dig out the voucher, to see that it was included. Simple suggestion, how about at check in, you put in the system what a voucher covers, so that the guest is not constantly charged for items already included for in the voucher.
I would have given the hotel 5/5 however due to the issues we encountered, as detailed above, have only given 4/5. I just expected a 5 star hotel to have more attention to detail.
We did enjoy staying the night & would recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens and the cosmopolitan mix of Victorian and modern architecture of the central business district, Park Hyatt Melbourne offers an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of the city. Our hotel in Melbourne CBD provides a warm ambience and exceptional levels of personalised service and luxury amenities. Renowned for having the largest 240 luxury rooms & suites in Melbourne with walk in robes, Italian marble ensuites and open windows, our luxury hotel in Melbourne provides an unparalleled experience of elegant, contemporary luxury. Guests are invited to enjoy the award-winning ‘radii’ restaurant & bar, a decadent Tea Lounge and Park Club Health & Day Spa featuring an indoor aquamarine pool, spa, sauna, gym and private sun deck. Our Melbourne hotel is only 25 km from Melbourne Airport, and is convenient to most city attractions around the city centre. It is within walking distance to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), home of the Australian Football League (AFL) and test cricket, The Melbourne Museum and the best boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants and theatre districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Park Hyatt Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Hyatt Melbourne
- Melbourne Hyatt