“You'll Love this Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #7 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“You'll Love this Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Absolutely stunning. We stayed four nights at the start of the year. Check in was a breeze, despite the fact that there was a trainee. The concierge was polite and very helpful. The room was very spacious with a lounging area and huge comfortable bed. I especially enjoyed the spa bath, closet and vanity. This is the sort of room you don't want to leave! We had room service one night and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room overlooked a picturesque cathedral across the road which added to the atmosphere. This hotel is just amazing and my favorite in Melbourne.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Hwak89,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. We are pleased you enjoyed the facilities and atmosphere of this property, and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Brett Sweetman – Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Indonesian first
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Best hotel in Melbourne by far. The attention to detail was exceptional, little touches make all the difference to a stay. Our room was large with an amazing view (see photo) also great being able to open windows in the room. We found the location perfect, easy walk to the shops or trams and as the hotel is surrounded by trees and gardens it was very tranquil. We enjoyed the use of the spa, gym, pool and club lounge and found everything perfect. Would highly recommend this hotel we will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Fiona C,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at our property. I am pleased to hear you made use of our hotel facilities and enjoyed the spacious guest rooms. The hotel is certainly located in a beautiful part of the city, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had our first stay recently at the Park Hyatt. I was struck by the shiny beauty of this hotel and it immediately instilled a feeling of opulence as we entered. Unfortunately the service we received spoiled this first impression and left us feeling disappointed. We were not greeted when we entered and noone offered to take our bag. The check in receptionist was snooty and rude and almost had me in tears. I told her it was our first time at the hotel but she made no effort to make us feel welcome. She mistakenly informed me in a rude manner that my package included one breakfast, not two, and that if I wanted to add an extra breakfast it would be almost $100 more?? I then told her to forget about the breakfast then as I did not want to eat on my own! Mysteriously, a letter was slipped under our door after midnight informing us that, as advertised online, the package did, in fact, include 2 breakfasts (without any apology, however for the treatment that occurred at reception). More about the check in experience, the receptionist had directed us to the 9th floor and our cards only led us to the 9th floor, although our room was on the 11th floor. So we had to make an extra trip back to reception to have that fixed.
Disappointly, although we had paid for a more expensive club level room, we were in a dingy dark room overlooking offices next door, even though I had requested a view of the cathedral.
On the positive side, the bed was extremely comfortable and large, the bathroom beautiful and the room itself lovely and quiet. The club lounge was lovely and we were able to see a view over Melbourne whilst sipping wine and eating canapes. The staff member in the club lounge was lovely and friendly. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the service and meal were great.
I am not normally a negative person but I was upset about the argument with the 'package' and the overall lack of care from staff. I am struggling with some health issues and we went into the city for a break so it was not a nice way to start the experience. I didn't ask to see the manager at the time as I was stressed and did not want any further conflict. I hope that they rectify and better train their staff so that this does not happen again. When I compare the experience to our last visit to the Intercontinental in Melbourne, the staff their could not have done more to make us feel welcome and to treat us with respect. I think I know where I will be returning for our next night out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear JuzzyK,
I appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback. The customer service and the lack of communication you experienced whilst checking into property is a concern and I must apologize. I am pleased you enjoyed our Park Lounge facilities and do not hope this incident has ruined your perception of this beautiful hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, and providing that opulent service during your next visit.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

The rooms at the Park Hyatt are extremely spacious and luxurious, this was the highlight for us, as well as the location.
Unfortunately I have a few grumbles about the staff.
1. Check in staff (male) unfortunately was a little 'snooty'. I asked a simple question about a pre-arranged bottle of champagne and was told he knew nothing about it. I detailed the name of the staff I arranged it with and the date, and the order was found, but was offered no apology.
2. Upon arrival in the room there were no champagne glasses, although I asked for a specific number of glasses and confirmed it at the front desk. We waited more than 30 mins before heading down and asking for them. To which the staff member mentioned above replied 'well I certainly can't give them to you'. Which is not what I had asked anyway.
3. Twice I was given a package for a guest with the same surname as me. I handed it back both times. Then the package was left in my room! On the second day of my stay a member of staff came to my door with a note, it was asking me to call reception urgently. Simulatenously, the phone rang in my room. It was about the package again.

Aside from the above, the hotel is high quality. But my first impression was spoilt by the staff member.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Harvey2468,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at our property. We appreciate your comments in regards to the service issues you experienced, and I will address them with the team at the hotel. Should you wish to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to call me.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I took my daughter to wait outside this supposedly first class hotel to see Justin Bieber. There were around 20 girls also waiting. Security and Hotel Staff yelled at them, pushed them and talked down to them constantly. The girls were not screaming, and not doing anything wrong, in fact, they obeyed the over zealous staff immediately. They remained behind barriers and posed no safety issues. When taking my daughter into the hotel to get something to eat, a hotel staff member infringed my personal space and said I could go, but not the kids!!! I told him my kids were hungry and I would be feeding them - he argued with me, and finally relented. I did not expect to be abused like that - what incentive does that give anyone to stay at this hotel - none!

The café was hosted by rude staff = the food was overpriced, cold (it should have been hot) and service was dreadfully slow - in fact I had to go up to the desk to ask if we could order after 30 minutes

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Brett_Sweetman, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear FrancineD,
Thank you for your recent comments. We were concerned to hear your feedback which referred to our associates being disrespectful to visitors. The period you refer to was a challenging one, with at times in excess of a hundred young people attempting to access the hotel through various areas. Our main priority was the safety and security of all residents and visitors. If our approach caused offence or appeared rude in any way we sincerely apologise.
Regards
Brett Sweetman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The room I stayed in had a beautiful view of St. Patricks Cathedral. The room was large spacious and very elegant with a large marble bathroom. The bathroom also had a large spa with a television built into the wall. Had an amazing sleep. Best sleep I've had at any hotel. The pool is amazing, as well as the buffet breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear danis467

Thank you for your feedback. I was very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay and found the services and facilities to your satisfaction. I am also glad that you had a most restful sleep on one of our ‘Hyatt’ beds and we look forward to your return in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Dawson – General Manager
Sydney, Australia
2,310 reviews 2,310 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The rooms are large and tastefully furnished - a very easy hotel to either relax or return to after a busy business day. The facilities are wonderful whether it be the executive lounge or large swimming pool.
The only drawback is the distance from normal city activities like city businesses, shopping or restaurants but it is closer to theatre and the MCG if you are a football fanatic.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dawson_Robert, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear RonWamberal

Thank you for passing on your feedback. I was extremely pleased to learn of your most positive experience and that you were also able to enjoy the Health Club and Lounge facilities during your stay. We look forward to your return to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,
Robert Dawson – General Manager

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!