“Strong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #10 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Strong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very big, well maintained and stylish rooms in a peaceful and tranquil location that is also just moments from the CBD. This, along with excellent friendly and warm staff means that I can swallow the high prices and feel I've had fair value for money.

Best room service food I've had in ages!

Only thing not to like is the absurd car parking prices and perhaps the decor in the public areas, although that is about personal taste.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Jenny_Soo, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear SydneySydney66
Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Park Hyatt Melbourne. Our Executive Chef Dan Coulston redesigned the room service menu and we have had many great comments. We will share your comments with him and the team. For your reference the carpark is not operated by the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Melbourne in the future.

705 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Indonesian first
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Park Hyatt is Melbourne is upscale in interior and exterior. Hyatt's staff were friendly and helpful. I loved that I could shop on premise! The Hyatt Melbourne is in excellent walking distance to all the cities main attractions. I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny_Soo, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Ele_ Denver
Thank you for your lovely comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We called the park Hyatt to ask if a deal advertised on wotif would allow for 2 adults and an infant, the gentleman from reservations went out of his way to help. He not only matched the deal but included the cot without charge, noted an early check in and suggested a room with a view in his notes. When we arrived we were not disappointed. Our room was ready at 11:30am, we were also on the 18th floor with beautiful views. We had a 'gourmet' package with $100 voucher. Such fantastic value. Because we have a baby we ate from the in-room menu for dinner both nights. I've eaten at many 5 star hotels around the world but the food at this hotel is exceptional... Great value, big meals and such great quality food. The afternoon tea was also lovely. Creme caramel was huge and the best I've had. Staff were so helpful, from the porters, front desk and wait staff. Location is fantastic. I always stay at this end of the CBD, it's quieter but you can stroll everywhere. Massive rooms too, great facilities.. Nespresso
machine very handy. Don't
bother with any other hotel. We
will definitely be back!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed on the 12th floor in the Cathedral wing for just one night, 15-16th June.
We stayed in a Spa King room.
The room was beautiful and the view was very nice.
We made use of the pool and spa facilities made available to guests, as well as the spa bath in the room. It was fantastic! Having a television in the bathroom made relaxing easy.
The ability to place the breakfast order hanging on the door overnight was great as it meant we woke up to a delicious breakfast.
Staying at the Park Hyatt was what my partner and I needed for a romantic and relaxing night in order to escape the stresses of everyday life.
Thank-you for a lovely get-away!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your response and we welcome you back to the Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I spent three great nights at this well positioned hotel.(Paris end of town, near lots of great bars an restaurants and a short walk to Fitzroy.
As this was a special occasion we booked a transfer from the airport and a Club Lounge room with a special pamper package. When I booked by phone I casually mentioned it was our anniversary and on arrival in our room we found a bottle of bubbly and a box of chocolates ,a very nice touch.
The room was fantastic, spacious with a good view and everything I could possibly think of was there to make our stay pleasant. There was a coffee making machine,iPod dock sound system, great toiletries, minibar,iron and board, desk and an extremely comfortable bed.
The Club Lounge had awesome views and was well appointed, the drinks and snacks in the evening were very good (6-8pm) and we visited every day.
The only real criticism I have(and it is a minor one) was that the selection available in the Lounge during the day was poor, only biscuits (one choice) seemed available , maybe pastries or muffins as well would be nice.
The gym was well appointed and everything worked as it should. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.
I would be more than happy to stay here again when next in Melbourne

Room Tip: I would recommend a club lounge room if you can afford the extra, it seemed well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your extremely positive review on Trip Advisor and congratulations once more on your recent anniversary!

I note that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and have also noted the comment in regards to the day time offerings in our Park Lounge and will certainly look into what you have suggested. All in all, I think fair to assume you really enjoyed your stay though and I hope you will return sometime again soon. Do let me know so that I can personally look after your accommodation needs.

I trust you are well and thank you again.

Kind regards,

Phone: +61 (0)3 9224 1234
Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have used the word "business" as this hotel is situated slightly out of the "downtown" area of Melbourne and tourists might find it convenient to be more centrally located. Having said that, if you want a great hotel with extremely large rooms in a relatively quiet area - then this is the hotel for you! Well appointed rooms with the only downside the hard to read instructions for the air conditioning that invariably ends up with you setting it too hot or too cold (until mastered). I have stayed at this hotel on 10 plus occasions and I have never been disappointed with the quality or condition of the room. I rarely use the restaurant so I cannot give a rating. The room service offering is good and service reasonably fast for a large hotel. Try to get a (high) tower room facing the Melbourne Cricket Ground (South) - the view is great.

I always get a king bedded room - the beds and pillows are soft, but supportive, and I always sleep well here - something I don't do in other hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jenny_Soo, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments “Room Freak”. We receive great comments from our room service menu offerings and you should try Radii Restaurant on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband, ever the romantic, booked this for our 17th wedding anniversary. I was incredulous, given we live five minutes from the city, but there's something special about escaping to your very own city and taking in all that it has to offer without worrying about time. Service at this hotel is impressive, but perhaps the Art Deco appeal is a tad faded. Girls - don't let your husband do the booking - they don't know a deal if it's staring them in the face - $50 additional for valet parking plus the cost of breakfast. You must be able to get more than a standard room for $350 in a hotel that didn't appear to be at capacity For those that love their tennis, bring your racquets as there's a great tennis court on the 14th floor. Oh and a television in your bathroom. And if you're into theatre, you're right next to this precinct as well as the Flinders Lane art galleries.

Room Tip: There must be park views. Ours looked across Peter Mac, which was a bit disturbing given my step-dad...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and congratulations on your 17th wedding anniversary! Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with all concerned. Noted too re that of room allocated and yes we have some rooms with city and some with views over Treasury Gardens! We also have some with superb views of St Patrick’s Cathedral.

I hope that you will return and that when you do, that you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Sholto

Sholto Smith (Mr)
1 Parliament Square, Off Parliament Place
Melbourne, Victoria 3002 Australia
Phone: +61 (0)3 9224 1234
Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!