“Anniversary Break” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #8 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth
“Anniversary Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I spent three great nights at this well positioned hotel.(Paris end of town, near lots of great bars an restaurants and a short walk to Fitzroy.
As this was a special occasion we booked a transfer from the airport and a Club Lounge room with a special pamper package. When I booked by phone I casually mentioned it was our anniversary and on arrival in our room we found a bottle of bubbly and a box of chocolates ,a very nice touch.
The room was fantastic, spacious with a good view and everything I could possibly think of was there to make our stay pleasant. There was a coffee making machine,iPod dock sound system, great toiletries, minibar,iron and board, desk and an extremely comfortable bed.
The Club Lounge had awesome views and was well appointed, the drinks and snacks in the evening were very good (6-8pm) and we visited every day.
The only real criticism I have(and it is a minor one) was that the selection available in the Lounge during the day was poor, only biscuits (one choice) seemed available , maybe pastries or muffins as well would be nice.
The gym was well appointed and everything worked as it should. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.
I would be more than happy to stay here again when next in Melbourne

Room Tip: I would recommend a club lounge room if you can afford the extra, it seemed well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your extremely positive review on Trip Advisor and congratulations once more on your recent anniversary!

I note that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay and have also noted the comment in regards to the day time offerings in our Park Lounge and will certainly look into what you have suggested. All in all, I think fair to assume you really enjoyed your stay though and I hope you will return sometime again soon. Do let me know so that I can personally look after your accommodation needs.

I trust you are well and thank you again.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have used the word "business" as this hotel is situated slightly out of the "downtown" area of Melbourne and tourists might find it convenient to be more centrally located. Having said that, if you want a great hotel with extremely large rooms in a relatively quiet area - then this is the hotel for you! Well appointed rooms with the only downside the hard to read instructions for the air conditioning that invariably ends up with you setting it too hot or too cold (until mastered). I have stayed at this hotel on 10 plus occasions and I have never been disappointed with the quality or condition of the room. I rarely use the restaurant so I cannot give a rating. The room service offering is good and service reasonably fast for a large hotel. Try to get a (high) tower room facing the Melbourne Cricket Ground (South) - the view is great.

I always get a king bedded room - the beds and pillows are soft, but supportive, and I always sleep well here - something I don't do in other hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jenny_Soo, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments “Room Freak”. We receive great comments from our room service menu offerings and you should try Radii Restaurant on your next visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Melbourne in the near future.
Regards
Jenny Soo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband, ever the romantic, booked this for our 17th wedding anniversary. I was incredulous, given we live five minutes from the city, but there's something special about escaping to your very own city and taking in all that it has to offer without worrying about time. Service at this hotel is impressive, but perhaps the Art Deco appeal is a tad faded. Girls - don't let your husband do the booking - they don't know a deal if it's staring them in the face - $50 additional for valet parking plus the cost of breakfast. You must be able to get more than a standard room for $350 in a hotel that didn't appear to be at capacity For those that love their tennis, bring your racquets as there's a great tennis court on the 14th floor. Oh and a television in your bathroom. And if you're into theatre, you're right next to this precinct as well as the Flinders Lane art galleries.

Room Tip: There must be park views. Ours looked across Peter Mac, which was a bit disturbing given my step-dad...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and congratulations on your 17th wedding anniversary! Your feedback is appreciated and will be shared with all concerned. Noted too re that of room allocated and yes we have some rooms with city and some with views over Treasury Gardens! We also have some with superb views of St Patrick’s Cathedral.

I hope that you will return and that when you do, that you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your feedback.

Accra, Ghana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

1. My family and I were rather very disturbed by the evidently condescending, indifferent and somewhat bordering on racial tone in which the Front Desk Check-In Assistant - FELIPE - spoke to me when I politely and passionately reminded him about our special prior request made for an early check-in (since I was travelling with a young and hyperactive toddler). And this distasteful and unpleasant incident occurred circa 13:00hrs during check-in on 25/05/13. He was totally rude and unprofessional, at best! And that spoiled the rest of my stay there with my family, especially, since we have actually stayed at far more luxurious, expensive and truly world-class hotels during our numerous travels around the world! Furthermore, although our booking specifically requested for a KING Size or Twin Room with one (1) Extra Large Bed, FELIPE was rather rudely challenging my position on that specific request ...and despite him assuring us that he would promptly get the housekeeping staff to come up to our room to convert our two (2) twin beds into one (1) large bed, it took several more minutes of waiting and another phone call downstairs ...before that was eventually done.
2. There was also an unacceptable and frequent level of loud noise coming directly from the hallway into our bedroom throughout our entire stay in Room 1955 at the Park Hyatt Melbourne, including late at night or very early in the mornings! Only regret not settling for another booking that I had earlier made with a leading 5-star hotel nearby which had actually guaranteed me an expansive Suite with Sound-Proof capabilities.
I am afraid the issues mentioned above rather compromised what should have been a memorable stay at the Park Hyatt Melbourne ...or even, Melbourne in general. Furthermore, as long as staff such as FELIPE are left at the Front-Desk at the Park Hyatt Melbourne, I would never recommend this hotel to any other person!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms that are very close to the Fire Exit Doors and/or doors meant for use by the Ho...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, albeit nothing reported being that of positive. I will ensure all the matters you raised are addressed accordingly. Naturally I was very concerned to read your comments about a certain member of staff as we have never received negative feedback where he is concerned. Rest assured your comments will be shared with him and today. I will also speak to all staff concerned about the importance of keeping noise levels to a minimum when in public areas. Especially at night when in guest room corridors.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us as it can only assist us in improving our day to day operation of the hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had high tea here for a family birthday. Approximately 40 adults. The high tea food was lovely. Servers very attentive. I was able to bring in our own flowers and table decoration. We also took in a hand made birthday cake... Cake charge a little high at $6 per person. Other than that a very nice day was had by all

• Stayed August 2012
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Having just read your review in on Trip Advisor, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to do so! It certainly sounds like a great time was had by all at the birthday party! I will ensure your feedback is shared with our Director of Food and Beverage along with our Executive Chef as I know they will appreciate these and can in turn share with their respective teams.

I do hope your mother had a happy birthday and please do let me know if I can be of assistance to you. It would be my pleasure.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed at the Park Hyatt for the long weekend. Fantastic accommodation in a Park Club King Room. Well worth the extra money. Location is great, and puts you within easy walking distance of everything, particularly Melbourne's excellent restaurants. Staff are courteous and helpful. Breakfast was sumptuous with an amazing assortment of food on offer. I would highly recommend the Day Spa. The treatment and staff there were devine! A very relaxing weekend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing review on Trip Advisor! It was pleasing to read how much you enjoyed staying with us over the long weekend. From all that you have written I think fair to say that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I have shared your feedback with our Park Club and Day Spa manager so that she can then share with her team.

I hope you will return and that when you do have dates in mind that you will contact me so that I can personally assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for the first time and upon entering our room we found ourselves very happy and impressed by the room size and beautiful bathroom, we had pre booked some treats that should have been waiting in our room for us but were not there, I called and was advised that they would be sent up straight away, another call and 55 minutes later we finally had a knock on the door, quite disappointing that it wasn't there when we asked it to be then it took so long for it to be delivered. The room had great blackout curtains and the bed very very comfy the only downside was the pillows were so soft the sunk as soon as my head hit it, finally drifted off to sleep only to be woken about 2am by noisy guests returning to the room next to ours, managed to get back to sleep but only to be woken again by a noisy housekeeper in the hallway. Breakfast was delivered on time by a lovely lady, highly recommend the pancakes and waffles, the bacon and scrambled eggs were nice but a little on the stingy side with only 3 tiny mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, upon checkout we advised the staff of our nice stay but disappointment over our treats not being there and then arriving almost an hour wait, well we really didn't get much of a response just a please check your bill, still a lovely hotel but some what disappointing for a 5 star rating

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your review ‘Beautiful Room’ on Trip Advisor.

While I was delighted to some of the positive comments, I cannot ignore the negative issues that you encountered while staying with us. Please accept my sincere apologies as we certainly did fail to deliver you the usual high levels of service that we pride ourselves on delivering. I will certainly see if I can find out what happened as indeed the issues you raised, should not have occurred. If it is any consolation, I do hope that when you return you will book with me directly so that I can assist you personally.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!