“Great place and good location.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #8 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands
“Great place and good location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel at and easy location not far off most major places.
I had an upgrade to a junior suite but the view was not good at all. The real drawback was the smelly toilet water and the pillows and sheets did not smell fresh. This was for all the 3 nights I stayed and believe it was caused by the cover sheet and decoration pillows, polyester....

The clublounge for me was one of the better ones from all Hyatt hotels I stayed. Fireplace, plenty of seating and great views in direction of Downtown and st kilda. Throw in the few extra dollars, you will enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2012
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

Why I can see you enjoyed the hotel location, Park Lounge et al, it is clear to see that you were not overly thrilled with every aspect of your stay. I will certainly investigate the matters you raised re that of the smell in the toilet and the smell of the bed linen. The latter surprises me as all our sheeting is 100% cotton and all our pillows, unless requested to be other than, are feather filled. While I do not know which room you occupied, I will discuss with our Housekeeping Manager who will reiterate to her team the importance of ensuring that this kind of incidence does not occur. The smelly toilet will be reported to engineering as that too should not have been that way.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and please do not hesitate to contact me when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Indonesian first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Park Hyatt for one night as we attended a wedding in the city. We stayed in the Park King Room and I was very pleasantly surprised the room was immaculate very clean, the bathroom was huge with a spa bath and television. The shower even had side jet projector things ( not sure how to explain it) but basically you get your regular shower from the top and extra water jets massage the rest of you. Check in and check out was smooth, however I was a little annoyed when I picked up my car from the valet and as it was parked near the exit of the entrance I took my keys and walked to my car and it was left unlocked... Less than impressed considering our baggage was in the car. Other then that I enjoyed by stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

It was pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your stay, the room you were allocated and indeed the features of the bathroom et al. That said, I cannot ignore your comments about the incidence with your car and for that I am terribly sorry as what took place should most certainly not have. Thank you though for bringing it to our attention. I will ensure this is investigated and that we reiterate to our team the importance of sticking to implemented policies and procedures.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Used to always stay at a sister hotel in Melbourne, but not any more! This hotel has great rooms, excellent consistent service from all staff encountered from the most junior to senior, good restaurant and room service and is very well situated. More than happy to recommend and will definitely be back.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that we have become your preferred hotel of choice while in Melbourne and that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us! Always good to receive positive comments and yours will be shared with the team.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

What a lovely place to stay! It was elegant, stylish and very indulgent. From, dropping the car off with the smiling valet to check in, with the lovely and helpful Elise, to our very elegant
King Park room, we knew we had entered a world of luxury. The amenities in the room were top class and we really appreciated the Nespresso machine. I couldn't find George Clooney anywhere though. The bathroom was huge and the bath could've housed a family of four! The room was lovely and quiet despite being close to the lift. Breakfast in the Radi restaurant was lovely but very busy. But then again it was Mothers Day. We totally enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning soon. Thank you to all the lovely staff at the Park Hyatt for making my Mothers Day one to remember.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing review on Trip Adviser. I think your use of the word “Elegant” is most appropriate but then again I suppose I am bias.

Your note regarding Elsie is also noted and I can assure you will be shared with her. Positive feedback regarding our team is always appreciated and Elsie will be awarded appropriately.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and quite hotel, the stuff are very helpful
I like the atmosfer in this hotel , it make you feel like you are at your own house
Me and my wife hade a lovely stay and well definitely came back to stay here in our next trip

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

It was great to see that you and your wife felt like you were both at home while staying here. That’s got to be a good thing!

We’d be delighted to welcome you back and I look forward to hearing from you so that I can personally assist you with your accommodation requirements.

Thank you again for your very kind words.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

A very sophisticated spot for afternoon tea. Came here for a mid-week birthday treat and felt thoroughly revived after progressing through my caddy full of treats over the best part of an afternoon. Loved being seated in a full lounge, window seat, with courtyard views (and not relegated to smallest table setting, as solo patrons sometimes are). Every detail in the tea lounge is immaculate, without being prim or intimidating. Though I'm partial to a dainty salmon and caper sandwich or two, have to say the main attraction were the petit deserts. The only crumbs I left behind were the macaroon, which has been done to distraction. Scones were delectable and serving generous. Thankyou to the lovely young Asian gentleman (rick?) for the uniquely warm service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor about your wonderful experience at Park Hyatt Melbourne.

I was very pleased to read your super note about your high tea experience and can advise that I shared these with our director of food and beverage and in turn we have also awarded Rick with some points. Feedback of this nature really assists us in our day to day operation as it further cements how delivering great service and going the extra mile is worthwhile.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your requirements.

bonita springs, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Set on a quiet side street just a couple of minutes walk from the main thoroughfare, this property exceeded expectations on comfort, cleanliness, level of service and value. Having not stayed in a Hyatt for some time, I was pleasantly surprised to see the high level of quality being put forward. In addition to being helpful with small day-to-day requests, the staff went the extra mile to provide advice and assistance when illness sidelined one of our number. A true oasis of calm and relaxation. And did I mention the excellent spa and exercise facilities that are complementary for hotel guests?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on Trip Advisor! I liked the title of your piece too! “A True Gem!”

Please do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!