This is a 5 star hotel with price tag to match. But the size of the rooms and bathroom, plus lovely staff made it worthwhile.
Check in staff were friendly and quick. The concierges I encountered were all friendly and courteous. Cleaning staff and room service staff were all equally friendly too.
The room was big and the King bed was so comfy. Had a fantastic night's sleep.
The bathroom/walk in wardrobe was huge and I love big bathrooms! Great toiletries and a tv if you wanted to watch from the bath.
The shower room plus spa bath room set up was interesting though. Leaving the remote control for the bathroom tv on the bath ledge was a bit odd considering you would splash water all over the shower room when you used the shower.
Only other downside I could think of was that the brown colour scheme used throughout the room and hotel was a bit dated in my eyes.
But that's being picky.
I used the gym facilities and although it was a smallish room it was totally adequate. The pool area looked great.
Location was good too being close to the CBD but even better is that it's close to Fitzroy which is a great alternate place to eat and shop. Try Huxtable on Smith street for a cool restaurant in that area.
I paid a non refundable sale rate which was similar in price to lesser hotels so it wasn't as pricey as I thought it would be. With this in mind I recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- Hyatt Melbourne
- Melbourne Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens and the cosmopolitan mix of Victorian and modern architecture of the central business district, Park Hyatt Melbourne offers an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of the city. Our hotel in Melbourne CBD provides a warm ambience and exceptional levels of personalised service and luxury amenities. Renowned for having the largest 240 luxury rooms & suites in Melbourne with walk in robes, Italian marble ensuites and open windows, our luxury hotel in Melbourne provides an unparalleled experience of elegant, contemporary luxury. Guests are invited to enjoy the award-winning ‘radii’ restaurant & bar, a decadent Tea Lounge and Park Club Health & Day Spa featuring an indoor aquamarine pool, spa, sauna, gym and private sun deck. Our Melbourne hotel is only 25 km from Melbourne Airport, and is convenient to most city attractions around the city centre. It is within walking distance to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), home of the Australian Football League (AFL) and test cricket, The Melbourne Museum and the best boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants and theatre districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Tablet Hotels, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Park Hyatt Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.