“A MUST stay for the frequent or business traveller” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lakes Entrance, Australia
“A MUST stay for the frequent or business traveller”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

The attention to detail is faultless at this hotel. I stayed here with only 3 hrs notification and was automatically given my preferred room ( i have a couple of specific requests) without even having to ask. I didnt even mention them as it was such a last minute booking - but they knew - and they delivered.
Club Lounge - Friendly, private, welcoming, warm and classy. Wireless is so helpful to finish off those last few items of work. New menu is AWESOME
Radii - Executive Chef Dane personally welcomed me to breaky with a warm and sincere greeting.
Front Reception - Rachel T was awesome as always, quick and efficient, while still making you feel like the VIP of the hotel.
Housekeeping helped out with an urgent clothing requirement without delay.

I can highly recommend this hotel - plus the customer loyalty rewards are just an added bonus for when i get to go for FUN!!
Would never stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want. If they can provide, they will!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Julie,

Thank you for your Glowing review on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and will ensure both Rachel and Dane are aware of your personal comments too…. I know they’ll both be thrilled. Needless to say we look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne soon. Perhaps next time there will be an opportunity for me to say hello to you too.

I write this trusting you are well and thank you again for your review.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

the park hyatt is an absolute palace.the service and attention was unbelievable i cannot fault it in any way.the buffet breakfast is not to be missed i have never seen a presantation like it.the coffee machine in the room was also a big plus.cant wait to stay again also the bathroom is something speacial

Room Tip: i dont think they would have a bad room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for your review in Trip Advisor! Loved the heading “Unbeatable” and was of course delighted that you felt that way! Seems that you enjoyed each and every interaction/experience while in the hotel.... I hope you will be able to return soon and that when you do you will contact me so that I can personally look after you!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your fantastic review!

wimmera
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed overnight for a business function. Located near trams & trains with taxis available at front of Hotel. Very, very comfortable Hotel and most hospitable staff. Delightful surrounds. Room extremely clean and very comfortable. Food of excellent quality and service very obliging. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All styles of rooms appeared to be of excellent standard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I especially liked the heading for your feedback “Awesome Accommodation!” Then of course all that you went on to say! Great that you really enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that it’s the first of many more to come! Do let me know if you are returning anytime soon so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your feedback.

Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Him I am hoping to receive a response answer from the park Hyatt manager.
My question do you ever off complimentary room upgrades?
I remember many years ago staying at the Hyatt and they had the roll the dice promotion where you picked an envelope out of the box and received something as in an upgrade, free drink etc. loved the idea.
Anyway it's nice to see you answering your guests reviews.
Michelle

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am interested in what you wrote/reported re that of the “roll a dice promotion.” This is something that I am not aware of but will certainly look into. In terms of upgrades. There is no science as such to how they are granted and of course from time to time we do have to upgrade guests. I see that you recently stayed with us and I hope you enjoyed your experience. Let me know if you plan to return anytime soon!

I trust you are well and thank you again for contacting me.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in a room on the club floor. The room was large (and mine had a lovely view out over the MCG), and was really comfortable . The bed and pillows were amazing - I wanted to take them home with me! Loved the bathroom amenities too!!

The club lounge was fantastic, offering a good cold buffet breakfast on the Sunday and night time drinks and hors d'oeuvres were great! Service was really good.

Only negatives were the difficult to control air conditioning unit, and the bed being made up with a doona and no top sheet, meaning my first night I either roasted with the doona on, or froze with it off.... I'm not sure why so many hotels seem to do this now, but it's pretty annoying!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. While all in all positive I cannot ignore the negatives you raised. Air conditioning and the duvet etc. The Former is something that we are currently working on and hope to have resolved soon! In terms of a top sheet! Whist this is not a standard set up for us, we can most certainly do this. Just a matter of letting us know and we would ensure done. I was of course delighted to read how much you liked the bed and the pillows! Should you wish to purchase these items then do by all means let me know and I will send you the price list.

I trust you are well and hope we can welcome you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne again soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Unlike wanna-bes like the Langham Melbourne (which have the audacity to charge the same prices), this is actually a proper 5-star hotel.

Nice rooms, good service, and a nice spa. If you stay anywhere else in Melbourne for the same price, you're making a mistake (trust me, I made that mistake). If you're used to 5 star hotels, this one will do just fine.

• Stayed April 2013
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor! While scathing for another Melbourne hotel, we were of course delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us! I certainly hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can assist you with your needs.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your post.!

Very best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at the Park Hyatt in Melbourne many times. It is always our hotel of choice when in Melbourne. It is situated at the edge of the city, but close enough to walk to everywhere within the CBD, East Melbourne or Carlton. Also close to the wonderfully unique (and extensive) tram lines and train station. The hotel itself is an oasis of calm in the city. From the minute you arrive, the Concierge and Bell Staff are attentive, the reception is welcome and the room heavenly comfortable. Truly the best hotel in Melbourne.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks for the fantastic post on Trip Advisor. Really appreciated your candid comments! You touched on all of what we like to think sets us apart from our competitor set! So and that said, I think fair to say that we exceeded your expectations!!

Also great to see that you have been here before and that this was not your first stay……. I hope you’ll both return again soon and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

I write this trusting that you are well.

Very best regards,

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!