“Another fabulous Hyatt experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #7 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Singapore
“Another fabulous Hyatt experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The hotel is really stylish, set in a quiet area but still only a short walk to the top end of Collins Street. The design and decor are very classy, understated and elegant. The rooms are large and seriously well kitted out with a well stocked mini-bar and a Nespresso machine. The bathroom was amazing with a rain-shower and jacuzzi. Breakfast is quite simple but everything is of he highest quality. The staff were all very helpful and clearly took pride in what they were doing. The gym is very well equipped and the spa facilities look excellent too. I am a regular visitor to Hyatt hotels but this was my first time here and it is a credit to the excellent brand.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Regular Hyatt Hotel Guest!! Thank you for your super comments on Trip Advisor! We appreciated your taking the time to post these.

I was very happy to read how much you enjoyed yoru stay and certainly hope that you will be returning to Melbourne soon and indeed returning to Park Hyatt Melbourne. It would be my pleasure to assist you when you do and I look forward to hearing from you.

I trust you are well.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We spent our wedding night at the Park Hyatt and it was nothing short of amazing!
We were greeted with a bottle of wine with strawberries and chocolate.
The staff were so lovely to talk to, their manner was very professional.
We stayed in a Spa King room which was spacious, clean and had very classy decor. The swimming pool and spa area was a highlight for me.
The front entrance was hard to find at first but blew me away when we found it.
This hotel is five star standard and I would love to stay here again on our wedding anniversary.

Well done to all the staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and congratulations again on your getting married!! We wish you and your husband eternal happiness.

I hope that you will both think of us when you are planning your 1st wedding anniversary as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again!

I trust you are well and thank you again for your super comments!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We usually stay at other hotels in Melbourne so we were looking forward to trying the Park Hyatt. We found the service to be excellent from the time we arrived until we left. The valets were very helpful and the gentleman on check in was friendly. The room was large and we liked the layout of the bathroom. The hotel sent champagne and chocolate to our room with a note for my partners birthday which we found to be a nice touch.
The next morning when we went to breakfast we were really impressed. We were unsure when breakfast ended and arrived only 15 minutes before it finished but were seated with a smile and Anna at breakfast was really fantastic, coming to let us know 10 minutes before breakfast would be closed and even organised a coffee for us after it was closed. Even though the staff were obviously cleaning up they never rushed us and Anna very kindly told us to take our time.
The valet staff were great too, letting us have some extra time, offering to put our bag in our car for us and bringing it around so it was ready when we returned.
But there were a few small issues which we noticed. At the time of reservation we requested a park view room and at check in we were told that we'd been allocated a park view room but when we got there we found it was not.
Secondly there were a few stains on our sheets - we didn't bother housekeeping but it was off putting. The next morning we realised there was only one dental kit for the two people sharing the room. When I called housekeeping there was no answer. Small issues but noticeable.
Overall though we had a really good experience and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your great feedback on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your positive comments and will ensure that they are shared with all.

I cannot ignore the last two points raised and will discuss with our housekeeping manager as these were obvious oversights. While I of course do not know who you are and with that cannot specifically check who serviced your room, the feedback will be very useful for the daily briefings.

Please let me know when you wish to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is 5 star. The bathroom was beautiful and big. Bed was big and comfy. You could watch tv in the bath. Couldn't have asked for more for our relaxing night. Breakfast the next morning was real good, plenty too chose from. The lobby is huge and beautiful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your super comments on Trip Advisor! I was thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your comments about the room and indeed the bathroom and its facilities!

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can look after your accommodation requirements.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Got an upgrade which always helps. Great, fine hotel, with good service and in a great part of the city. So your close to the spring st end of the city where you can go see a show or head down china town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read your positive comments and also pleased too re that of your appreciation of your being upgraded! Thank you for your thank you where that was concerned.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you!

I trust you are well and that hope that you had a good weekend.

Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the last 3 nights of our holiday whilst in Melbourne for the Grand Prix ,the staff were excellent and service was amazing ,there was not a single thing we could fault ,the food was great ,after some accommodation upsets through our holiday the Park Hyatt was like a breath of fresh air ,the room was beautiful ,huge and beautifully furnished ,we would stay again . The hotel is in a great location ,within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your Post “very happy travelers” on Trip Advisor!!

I was very pleased to read your more than positive words about your recent stay here at Park Hyatt Melbourne. It would appear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and thank you for sharing these with the Trip Advisor community!!

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I hope this finds you well and thank you once more for your super review.

Downunder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have just completed another heavenly stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. This time, we treated ourselves and used our Gold Passport points to upgrade to a Club Deluxe King. What can I say, but heaven on a stick?

Our room was enormous and beautifully furnished, and lovely touch by the manager, a welcome bottle of bubbly awaited our arrival! Bliss! I am now also addicted to Bergamote 22. The toiletries used. The bubble bath smells amazing!

We really enjoyed using the Club on the 19th floor, which had wonderful, sweeping views of the Melbourne skyline. The staff up there are exceptional and a credit to the hotel. We thought the service was too notch.

I stand by my earlier review that this is the best hotel in Melbourne. I think we have now stayed here 5 or 6 times and I will not stay anywhere else. 10 thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2013
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I have just revisited Trip Advisor for the second time today and hey presto, I saw had had received another comment and such a positive one too! Thank you!!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to use your well-earned Gold Passport points for an upgrade. Great too, to see that the bubbly was well received and I also trust enjoyed too!

The La Lobo Bergamonte 22 was added to the hotel last year and like you, we too love it! Very different and it’s being very well received.

I hope this finds you well and thank you once more for your super review.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!