“Expensive, but genuinely 5 star” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #10 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Expensive, but genuinely 5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Got an upgrade which always helps. Great, fine hotel, with good service and in a great part of the city. So your close to the spring st end of the city where you can go see a show or head down china town.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read your positive comments and also pleased too re that of your appreciation of your being upgraded! Thank you for your thank you where that was concerned.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you!

I trust you are well and that hope that you had a good weekend.

773 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Indonesian first
Charters Towers, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the last 3 nights of our holiday whilst in Melbourne for the Grand Prix ,the staff were excellent and service was amazing ,there was not a single thing we could fault ,the food was great ,after some accommodation upsets through our holiday the Park Hyatt was like a breath of fresh air ,the room was beautiful ,huge and beautifully furnished ,we would stay again . The hotel is in a great location ,within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your Post “very happy travelers” on Trip Advisor!!

I was very pleased to read your more than positive words about your recent stay here at Park Hyatt Melbourne. It would appear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and thank you for sharing these with the Trip Advisor community!!

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I hope this finds you well and thank you once more for your super review.

Downunder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Have just completed another heavenly stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne. This time, we treated ourselves and used our Gold Passport points to upgrade to a Club Deluxe King. What can I say, but heaven on a stick?

Our room was enormous and beautifully furnished, and lovely touch by the manager, a welcome bottle of bubbly awaited our arrival! Bliss! I am now also addicted to Bergamote 22. The toiletries used. The bubble bath smells amazing!

We really enjoyed using the Club on the 19th floor, which had wonderful, sweeping views of the Melbourne skyline. The staff up there are exceptional and a credit to the hotel. We thought the service was too notch.

I stand by my earlier review that this is the best hotel in Melbourne. I think we have now stayed here 5 or 6 times and I will not stay anywhere else. 10 thumbs up!

• Stayed March 2013
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I have just revisited Trip Advisor for the second time today and hey presto, I saw had had received another comment and such a positive one too! Thank you!!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to use your well-earned Gold Passport points for an upgrade. Great too, to see that the bubbly was well received and I also trust enjoyed too!

The La Lobo Bergamonte 22 was added to the hotel last year and like you, we too love it! Very different and it’s being very well received.

Please let me know when you wish to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I hope this finds you well and thank you once more for your super review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been going to the Park Club Heath & Day Spa at the Park Hyatt Melbourne for many years now, but have never written a review about them before.

Last week I indulged in a 90-minute Deep Tissue massage to relax a little after a stressful start to 2013. It was also a good way to beat the recent Melbourne heat. Stepping into the hotel from 35C degree heat was a welcome relief.

The staff at the Day Spa are always very welcoming and accommodating. My masseuse, Mary did a fantastic job, and I have to say the 90 minutes went very quickly!

Guests are able to enjoy before or afterwards the use of the pool and other amenities, which is great. The spa has a very relaxing atmosphere and is very private unless most other spa providers. Definitely would recommend this Day Spa to anyone. It is also very conveniently located at the back of Parliament House, and it is a very nice walk from the top of Collins Street.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor about that of our Day Spa! I will ensure that this is shared with our Park Spa Manager, Jessica Maher so that she can share with her team. Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you with your booking in the Day Spa.

I trust you are well and once more would like to thank you for your positive comments.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Good location and clean spacious rooms - however lighting is poor, and despite few attempts they couldnt fix it - so they changed the room to one with more natutal light - which still didnt solve the problem for evenings. Despite asking twice they couldnt provide a spot lamp for the desk. Food was just ok with $40 dollars for a limited variety breakfast seemed little steep.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor room with views of parliament or the river side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oh dear! We certainly appreciate your review on Trip Advisor. The title of your piece though was really rather disturbing though. Then of course further highlighted in your actual post. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team here as it is of course through feedback that we learn and with that, we can make a concerted effort to rectify the matters raised.

Please let me know if you plan to return to the hotel so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The park Hyatt is in a fantastic location, you can easily walk into the city and it's next to a train and trams, whilst also being next to a beautiful park and church for lts of peace and quite. The rooms are very spacious and luxurious. This was out third stay and it appears that the service and food have stepped up to the level they should be on considering the hotel and price. Room service was prompt and high quality, breakfast was delicious. All of the staff were friendy and professional. Living in Melbourne we have stayed here for special occasions rather than travel, and would recommmnd it as a classy place to stay in the city close to everything you need. Rooms can be pricey.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

You really have extolled the virtues of our location and for that I thank you! We consider our location to be perfect for both the leisure and business guest as we are a stone’s throw away from all the hustle and bustle of the city, shopping and corporate world and yet only seconds away from the peaceful and serene surroundings of St Patrick’s Cathedral, the Treasury Gardens and of course the Fitzroy Gardens.

I noted too that you have stayed with us before and do hope that you will return again soon. When you do, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can assist you with your requirements.

I trust you are well.

Cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Fantastic hotel. The rooms are very spacious and the design extremely clever in regards to the layout - the link between the bathroom to the walk in wardrobe and the TV one can watch (in theory if they are not out working!) in the jacuzzi. Le Labo 22 toiletries are amongst the best experienced and the personnel all charming and exuding World Class service. Most of my time was in the ballroom space but I would love to return on a leisure trip where the amenities and services could be really enjoyed. Getting out of the comfy bed at 5am was horrible though! Kudos to the Management team you are doing a super job.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor. So fluidly written and from what you wrote I think fair to say that you enjoyed each and every aspect / interaction, of your stay here. I note you were here for business and hope that you can perhaps make it back for leisure! Either way, please do not hesitate to contact me when you would like to return so that I can personally look after you.

I trust you are well and once more would like to thank you for your more than positive review!

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!