“One of the best Melbourne has to offer” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #8 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
New Delhi, India
“One of the best Melbourne has to offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Having been to Melbourne on numerous business trips i have had an opportunity to stay at many different hotels. The last trip was business as well as a family holiday and I must admit the stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne was one of the best so far. The hotel is so well located, close to the parks as well as walking distance to the shopping area. As a tourist you couldn't ask for more
The menu is limited to say the least especially at breakfast. We stayed for 7 nights and everyday it was the exact same thing for breakfast, no variety at all. The hotel management should try and look into this. Other than this of course, everything else was greatWe took a number of tour buses and they pick you from the hotel itself, which is very convenient . We had 2 inter-connected rooms. The service was brilliant, always correct & quick. The gym was very well equipped and whilst i didn't try the pool it did look inviting.We ate a couple of meals at the restaurant in addition to having the breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room, church side, these are quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your super comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay while here in Melbourne. Of course, I cannot and will not turn a blind eye to the comments you made about breakfast and will certainly discuss this with our executive chef.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your honest feedback.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had fond memories of the Park Hyatt after "recovering" there for a few days after having my first child. So I quite looked forward going back there to stay overnight, to attend a friend's wedding.
We arrived at the check in time of 2pm, giving us enough time to change into our wedding attire and brief the babysitter before heading downstairs to the ceremony at 3pm. Or so we thought. We left our car and luggage with the valet whilst we checked in and met with our sitter. At 2.30pm I asked my husband to ring to ask where our bags were. The person he spoke to said they would find out and call us back immediately. At 2.45pm he went downstairs to try an locate them and in the meantime a staff member rang e and told me they weren't holding any bags for us. Um, so where the hell were our bags??? At 3pm they finally located them - they had taken them to a relatives room. Even though I had booked our room under my maiden name, and given the valet my maiden name (to avoid confusion with relatives that were also staying in the hotel) - they looked at an old Crown Towers luggage tag that was attached to one of the bags (with my husbands name on it) and delivered the bags to his brothers room. I didn't understand - as we were in the Park Hyatt, not Crown Towers. A stupid mistake and as a result we did not make it to the wedding ceremony and missed out on seeing our friends tie the knot.

Sitting in the tea lounge after we had ordered 9 glasses of Veuve we had to ask twice for some nuts. We also ordered some food that never came (though we looked on our bill the next morning and had been charged for it...)

he next morning we went down to the Radii restaurant for breakfast. When we were walked in we were met with an "Sorry but there aren't any tables. You can wait in the lobby if you like." Ummm okaayyy....how long will we be waiting for? I was met with a shrug and "I don't know." Right then. Thankfully a staff member with a slightly better understanding of hospitality came out and told us we could order breakfast from the a la carte menu in the tea lounge area. Which we did. And 50 minutes later had to ask someone to check on our order which lo and behold came out 5 minute after we asked. They clearly don't know how to cope when busy and there were no smiles from any of the staff members.

I left thinking that if they paid service staff in Australia like they do in the States, and they had to work for tips, the service would be a hell of a lot better. There was just no finesse that one would expect from a 5 star establishment and I wouldn't really bother with this hotel again. It wasn't that it was exceptionally bad, just that nothing was amazingly good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor albeit their being of such negative feedback.

I was of course somewhat mortified to read your review and indeed all that you highlighted, from lost luggage, to lack of service in our restaurant and indeed, to your missing the nuptials of your friends. Not good. While I do not know who you are, I am investigating all that you have reported to see if I can get to the bottom of what you have described.

My sincerest apologies to you and your husband. In order to redeem ourselves, I would certainly appreciate for you to contact me directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your candid feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed in a spa room for one night with the 'celebration package'. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed and the bathrooms are luxurious. Breakfast downstairs is delicious.

The cleaner was quite noisy in the morning outside the room, which was disappointing (I had to ask her to stop vacuuming the same bit of carpet outside our door), but otherwise, the service was excellent.

It wasn't cheap at $640 for the night (included breakfast for two, champagne, chocs and valet parking), but this could have been because the tennis was on.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the maternity area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

While I can see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, I cannot ignore your comments about the cleaner and the noise in the corridor. I can assure you that your comments will be shared with our Housekeeping Manager. You are also correct about the pricing in that the rates are dependent and with that said they do fluctuate.

I would be happy to personally assist you should you wish to return, and can be contacted as below.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, for what I would hope would be a more positive stay.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your candid feedback.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Used to visit hotel often.

Do not pay to use Club Lounge.

You used to get fress press of clothes, water in rooms, breakfast, afternoon teas and internet use.

Forget it. For a few evening Canapes at $70 a day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor and more-so for taking the time to write one.

I was a little mystified with what you wrote and while there is no pressing offered, access to the Park Lounge includes all day refreshments, wireless internet access, deluxe evening beverages and canapés, as well as continental breakfast to be taken in radii restaurant - with the exception of Sundays, when continental breakfast is also served in the Lounge. I do apologise if this is not what you received as you certainly should have and needless to say I would be more than happy to investigate this further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance and the same of course applies if you decide to return as I would be delighted to assist you with making your reservation for you.

I write this trusting you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would have to make a special mention of the Day Spa in the Park Hyatt Hotel- I have been to many many day spas around the world and I would have to say that this is one of the best, if not the best I have ever been to. I have been here over 10 times. The facilities are fantastic. ALL the staff are very professional and extremely skilled at what they do from massages, facials, pedicures, manicures. It is a very blissful way to spend a few hours in the middle of the city and I would highly recommend it for any visitor to Melbourne or indeed anyone who lives in Melbourne.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor…

I was delighted to hear your more than positive comments about our day spa and can assure you that these have been shared with the manager of the Park Club Health and Day Spa! Comments of this nature can only encourage our team to go even further when it comes to delivering the levels of high service that we like to pride ourselves on delivering.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally introduce you to our Park Spa manager.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location just out of the city. Staff friendly and knowledgeable and able to book excursions through the hotel. We also had a organized tour with a private guide by the hotel. Restuarants knowledge not as thorough as other Hyatts. Upgraded to larger room; however, the room had no view. Not a big deal but a bit of a disappointment given our Platinum status. Modern and comfortable. Lobby decor seems a bit outdated and could use a good redo. Gym was modern and was used regularly during our stay. We opted to eat outside the restaurant based on other reviews. Overall, good location, decent price, food unknown, staff helpful. Would rec. a refresh on the decor. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It was certainly very candid and your comments, both the positive and negative kind, have been taken on board and will be shared with all. Especially the knowledge of the restaurant staff as that is imperative! Your other notes regarding the décor have been digested and will certainly be considered when we enter into what we would like to call a restoration programme.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

After a bumpy check in (had to wait room not ready, finally got room at 245 but was late for tennis) we were v pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was, beautiful bathroom and it felt like we were in a studio apartment than a hotel room! V quiet hotel and lifts immediately came! Bed was v comfortable! Could not fault the room! Swimming pool was fantastic as was the gym! Thought the staff at spa were a touch snobby! Location fantastic and quiet! Turn down service was wonderful and the housekeeping staff were extremely polite and charming! Stayed for a week and would return! One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in! My daughter loved it as did my husband! Well done park Hyatt and thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review! I liked the heading, “A wonderful and relaxing stay!” Does not get much better than that!! That said, I cannot turn a blind eye to your comment about the “bumpy check-in” and will ensure your comments are shared with our fromnt office manager. They can only assist us on our constant striving for excellence !

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!