“Lovely hotel, but not easy on the wallet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #8 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Lovely hotel, but not easy on the wallet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed in a spa room for one night with the 'celebration package'. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed and the bathrooms are luxurious. Breakfast downstairs is delicious.

The cleaner was quite noisy in the morning outside the room, which was disappointing (I had to ask her to stop vacuuming the same bit of carpet outside our door), but otherwise, the service was excellent.

It wasn't cheap at $640 for the night (included breakfast for two, champagne, chocs and valet parking), but this could have been because the tennis was on.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, away from the maternity area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

While I can see that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, I cannot ignore your comments about the cleaner and the noise in the corridor. I can assure you that your comments will be shared with our Housekeeping Manager. You are also correct about the pricing in that the rates are dependent and with that said they do fluctuate.

I would be happy to personally assist you should you wish to return, and can be contacted as below.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne, for what I would hope would be a more positive stay.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for your candid feedback.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Used to visit hotel often.

Do not pay to use Club Lounge.

You used to get fress press of clothes, water in rooms, breakfast, afternoon teas and internet use.

Forget it. For a few evening Canapes at $70 a day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor and more-so for taking the time to write one.

I was a little mystified with what you wrote and while there is no pressing offered, access to the Park Lounge includes all day refreshments, wireless internet access, deluxe evening beverages and canapés, as well as continental breakfast to be taken in radii restaurant - with the exception of Sundays, when continental breakfast is also served in the Lounge. I do apologise if this is not what you received as you certainly should have and needless to say I would be more than happy to investigate this further.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance and the same of course applies if you decide to return as I would be delighted to assist you with making your reservation for you.

I write this trusting you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would have to make a special mention of the Day Spa in the Park Hyatt Hotel- I have been to many many day spas around the world and I would have to say that this is one of the best, if not the best I have ever been to. I have been here over 10 times. The facilities are fantastic. ALL the staff are very professional and extremely skilled at what they do from massages, facials, pedicures, manicures. It is a very blissful way to spend a few hours in the middle of the city and I would highly recommend it for any visitor to Melbourne or indeed anyone who lives in Melbourne.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor…

I was delighted to hear your more than positive comments about our day spa and can assure you that these have been shared with the manager of the Park Club Health and Day Spa! Comments of this nature can only encourage our team to go even further when it comes to delivering the levels of high service that we like to pride ourselves on delivering.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally introduce you to our Park Spa manager.

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location just out of the city. Staff friendly and knowledgeable and able to book excursions through the hotel. We also had a organized tour with a private guide by the hotel. Restuarants knowledge not as thorough as other Hyatts. Upgraded to larger room; however, the room had no view. Not a big deal but a bit of a disappointment given our Platinum status. Modern and comfortable. Lobby decor seems a bit outdated and could use a good redo. Gym was modern and was used regularly during our stay. We opted to eat outside the restaurant based on other reviews. Overall, good location, decent price, food unknown, staff helpful. Would rec. a refresh on the decor. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It was certainly very candid and your comments, both the positive and negative kind, have been taken on board and will be shared with all. Especially the knowledge of the restaurant staff as that is imperative! Your other notes regarding the décor have been digested and will certainly be considered when we enter into what we would like to call a restoration programme.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

After a bumpy check in (had to wait room not ready, finally got room at 245 but was late for tennis) we were v pleasantly surprised at how spacious the room was, beautiful bathroom and it felt like we were in a studio apartment than a hotel room! V quiet hotel and lifts immediately came! Bed was v comfortable! Could not fault the room! Swimming pool was fantastic as was the gym! Thought the staff at spa were a touch snobby! Location fantastic and quiet! Turn down service was wonderful and the housekeeping staff were extremely polite and charming! Stayed for a week and would return! One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in! My daughter loved it as did my husband! Well done park Hyatt and thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor Review! I liked the heading, “A wonderful and relaxing stay!” Does not get much better than that!! That said, I cannot turn a blind eye to your comment about the “bumpy check-in” and will ensure your comments are shared with our fromnt office manager. They can only assist us on our constant striving for excellence !

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Having stayed at most of the good hotels in Melbourne over many years, I rank Park Hyatt no 1 for hotels in this beautiful city. The art-deco interior design gives the hotel a certain timeless beauty and elegance that keeps us coming back here. The location is also great, being a little out of the CBD - but not far - and nestled beside a magnificent piece of architecture in Melbourne, St Patrick's Cathedral.

While Melbourne seemed pretty busy when we visited just before Christmas, the hotel was quiet and the staff were not rushed. The food in the restaurant, Radii, was very good. The hotel staff were always pleasant and attentive, one of the porters in particular being outstanding.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that after staying in most of Melbourne’s five star hotels, you finally found Park Hyatt Melbourne. I do hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I write this trusting you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbouren.

Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here ten years ago and remember it being very special. On this trip, we felt that everything was very average. Front desk was very helpful but decor was dated and does not live up to the Park Hyatt label. Should be downgraded to a Hyatt Regency level. The pool and gym were very nice. The spa staff, however, was very snobby and unhelpful. Hotel overall needs a refresh. Club room was nice with canapés in the evenings.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, albeit not really that of a positive one.

I was sorry to read of your disappointing stay / feelings! I would hope that you would allow us to redeem ourselves and that said, I would appreciate your contacting me directly so that I can assist you.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your honest feedback.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!