“Park Hyatt - Friendly and High Quality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #10 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Medford, Massachusetts
“Park Hyatt - Friendly and High Quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel provides very good service, not overwhelming yet attentive and friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean, furnished with technology and other niceties that anticipate the needs of travelers from around the world. The chef in the expansive dining facility is accommodating to all dietary requests, and the athletic facilities include a pool and workout equipment of all sorts. The location is ideal to get easily to everything in Melbourne whether to restaurants, the downtown shops, the sports arenas, the casino, or Queen Victoria marketplace. I continue to return to the hotel on my trips to Melbourne over several years. You can find less costly hotels in Melbourne, but none better than the Park Hyatt for the cost.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top three floors, especially the corner rooms are great (not the top floor due to s...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your great review on Trip Advisor. I was really very pleased to read your candid comments and can assure you that these have been shared with the entire team. Fair to say that you experienced most of the hotels facilities, from the restaurant to the health club and all to positive effect!!

I insist you contact me when you next plan to be in Melbourne so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I write this trusting you are well and wish you a happy healthy and prosperous new year!

Kind regards,

773 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Spent 5 fantastic nights during Christmas at this great establishment, which I would rate at the top of the list. Having stayed at most of the better hotels in Melbourne, this would rate as high as Crown Towers, if not a little higher. I would recommend the club rooms, which includes access to the Park Lounge. This club has exceptional service and a very relaxed atmosphere. Continental breakfast and 6pm to 8pm drinks/canapés etc etc, all day access for coffee/tea/soft drinks etc.

The Club Deluxe King rooms are the pick, boasting 60 sq m, which is very, very large. Nothing appears to be too much trouble for staff and made our 15 year old feel very welcomed. This hotel is also in a fantastic location on the eastern side of the city, surrounded by beautiful churches and Fitzroy Gardens.

Room Tip: Club Deluxe King rooms highly recommended.
Dear BlueFerrari,

Thank you for posting such a glowing review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your Christmas Vacation here in our hotel and that you rated our service and facilities so highly!! Really positive and needless to say your comments will be shared with the entire team here in the hotel. While not wanting to sound clichéd, feedback of this nature is what motivates us to go even further….

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a really great place - good location, comfortable, clean and very beautiful. The restaurant is really very good even for Melbourne (where most restaurants are good!). My family enjoyed the pool and I had a great massage, reasonably priced, booked on the day, with no fuss. Valet parking was efficient too. Staying for business with family so this was both a business and holiday trip - the staff were very helpful in organising car hire and advising where to visit.

However the service level does let it down. 2 examples: on booking in, I asked as we were about to go to the room if it was a quiet room. The woman looked at me and said something along the lines of - no, it's the maternity area for new mothers and babies from the hospital up the road - and anyway I hadn't asked for a quiet room when I booked. Now, as it happened, she was able to change the room, but to be more or less told that you HAVE to ask for a quiet room to ensure you are not in the maternity area is a bit nuts. And rude. Also, we had a leak in our room (the bath leaked and the carpet was soaked). We let the front desk know in the morning and when we came back we asked if it was all sorted. They checked with maintenance and said yes, all done. We get back to our room to find a massive industrial fan blowing to dry out the carpet. Not really "sorted", i think. We'd actually have been fine to just unplug the thing when we were in the room, but eventually it became clear that the damp smell wasn't ok - so we ended up moving rooms. To be fair the folks who helped us were very good, and when I asked for a late check out they gave it to us without charge for the inconvenience.

It feels a bit mean to focus on these negatives when really this is a great hotel and we would definitely stay again. We'd just ask for a quiet room ahead of time, and hope for no maintenance issues - and maybe it will be a 5 star review after all.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I appreciated your candid feedback and can assure you that the first thing I did post reading it was to copy and paste them into an e-mail to our front office manager and our team leader in engineering so that they can raise with their respective teams. The matters that you encountered were far from ideal and could quite easily have been avoided so I thank you for letting me know as it will enable us to improve on these areas.

I was of course pleased to read that you said you would return and with that said, could you please contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife, 11 yo son and I have stayed at this hotel 6 times over the last 4 years and it is one of my favorites. The front desk staff are very efficient and thoughtful, the rooms are exquisitely appointed,and a note from the hotel manager as a returning guest makes you feel welcome and just a little bit special. They provide a roll away bed for the young one and have a good valet parking service. My wife and son love the pool, the restaurant is very good, and the location is brilliant.

The hotel manager and his or her staff should be congratulated on the excellence of this hotel.

If only every city had a Melbourne Park Hyatt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your positive post on Trip advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoy your stays with us and that your wife and child get to use and enjoy the pool facilities. In fact, I think fair to say that you enjoy most of what we have to offer and that I am of course extremely pleased about!

I will ensure your comments are shared with hotel team as positive feedback only encourages us all to go even further.

Best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I booked the Celebration Package on wotif.
Check in was easy with friendly staff and the room was ready even with our early arrival.
The room was large and set out in a different way than the usual hotel room.
This is a 5 star hotel and you can tell by all the little extras that they provide.
The space in the room, slippers, robes, Nespresso machine, all the tv channels, extra towels, extra toiletries.
Valet parking was included in the package, which is lucky cause it's not cheap.
One problem was when you opened the door to the hotel room you were immediately in the bedroom so there is no buffer to the noise in the hall and you can see the light under the door at night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor! I think fair to say that you enjoyed your stay here with us! The heading for your review was certainly that of a positive one too!

I have noted your points with regards to the visibility from your room and while I do not specifically know the room you are referring too, it is hard for me to then imagine how what you have reported could happen. We have allot of different room configurations. Also, I would like to see if we could adjust the door to that room as they can be raised and lowered.

Palmwoods, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Located next to large city gardens yet a short walk to the Top of Collins Street with its excellent shopping, near theatres and restaurants the Park Hyatt Melbourne is an excellent stay.
With its friendly and helpful staff, excellent food in the restaurant and a peaceful atmosphere I will definitely choose to stay here next time in Melbourne.This recent time was my third stay.
The great free extra is to be able to turn off the air con in my room, open the window for fresh air and a view of gardens.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read your favourable review and more-so to read how much you enjoyed your stay here at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I would certainly hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me so that I can personally assist you.

I write this trusting you are well and wish you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Park Hyatt Melbourne is a nice hotel, great location and questionable service. The rooms/bathrooms were very spacious and per normal the bed was very comfortable. The location is great for shopping and dining out. The front desk staff was lovely and very helpful at recommending restaurants/making reservations.
However, wow the breakfast service needs help. The room cleaning service was also questionable seemed as though they just made the bed and changed the towels. We also had to call every time for the the room to be made up because you just putting on the "make up room" light doesn't guarantee they will ever come.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. While I can see you enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us it is evident that we fell short in proving you the usual high levels of service which we pride ourselves on and for that I am very sorry. I hope these did not mar your overall experience and that you will return. Should you decide to do so then please contact me directly so that I can personally assist you.

I trust you are well.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!