“A place to refresh” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #10 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Wollongong, Australia
“A place to refresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

My second time staying at the park Hyatt. The rooms are a generous size with great features. Being able to make a quick coffee is a nice touch. Mostly I love the pool, steam room and jacuzzi. They are a huge improvement on other 5 star hotels I have stayed in. Great art work line the walls also.

• Stayed December 2012
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such generous comments on Trip Advisor.

It would appear you enjoy most aspects of our hotel which is indeed great! Delighted to got to use the Nespresso Machine and also that you managed to get to use the hotel’s pool and other facilities, namely the Jacuzzi and steam room.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

Kind regards and Happy New Year!

767 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed here before and continue to be impressed by the standard of presentation, service and the quality of the rooms. We stayed in a King room in the Southern tower with lovely views of the cathedral. We were offered a 4pm check-out due our comittments without evening asking for it.
The rooms are always tidy, clean and the pillows and bed make form a 5 star sleep.
As per las time the location is what makes this place so nice to stay in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such favourable comments on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and the hotel’s facilities. I do hope that you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can assist you.

I trust you are well wish you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Close to the Melbourne City Loop, lovely cathedral and government square and still easy walking distance to all shopping. Very nice restaurant, Radii. A very nice breakfast experience; lovely dinner with a great New Zealand wine.

Room Tip: A deck is available on some rooms; a view of the cathedral is nice. Lovely suites.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Having just read your review of Trip Advisor I would like to thank you for this!

It seems you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to sample some of the hotel’s facilities while you were in house. I am of course delighted about that and that you found all to be positive!

Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

I write this trusting you are well and wish you and your family a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My girlfriend decided to stay here for our anniversary this year. The room was okay, the price for the food was expected maybe a little higher but not to much. However we were pleased with the $600 the night ended up costing us. Until we got home and found that the valet had scratched our car against either a white wall or car as the paint was still present. We called and asked for it to be investigated and heard nothing back. I called a few days later after not hearing anything and they said they would be back with me within the hour. I got no reply until about 6 hours later. They said they've reviewed the tapes and can see no proof it had was there valet service. Asked nicely if we could have a copy of the tape. They said they wouldn't be able to provide a copy unless we were suing them. Needless to say we will never be attending this hotel again and would suggest anyone thinking of staying here takes a cab.

Room Tip: Look at the more central Melbourne Hotels for the money you pay you may as well be in the heart of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about you recent stay with us albeit being far from positive.

I was very aware of this alleged incidence as both our security manager and front office assistant managers had been keeping me informed. That said it is my understanding that our security manager contacted you directly and informed you that there is no evidence to suggest that the damage occurred while your car was on our premises. I am fully aware that you also asked for the CCTV footage and were advised that that this was possible but it could be obtained through legal channels. The latter due to data protection etc. I think fair to saY that we have tried to assist you as best as we possibly can.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.

Kind regards,

Very best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We checked into the Hotel as part of a work function breakup. The room as OK, carpet was worn down, mould in the sink. The room we stayed in was quite noisy and my wife and myself could not sleep.

We had an excellent dinner down in a private room which was exceptional, good service and great food.

That is where it ended. After ordering a bottle of wine and asking for it to be charged to my credit card, the staff proceeded to charge over $2000 to my credit card being the drinks bill for our entire function.

I asked the relevant staff member to make sure they credited my account as soon as possible and was told it would be fixed the next day. 4 days later and the funds have not returned. To top it off I am yet to receive a response or acknowledgement to my emails.

A memorable stay for all the wrong reasons.... Not happy Hyatt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Adviser.

While I can see you enjoyed most aspects of your stay I can see that the mistake that took place with the block on your credit card has caused you quite allot of grief and for this I am very sorry. I can advise that I looked into this as soon as I read it and that I now understand that the matter has been resolved. I realise that this was not an ideal situation for you and am very sorry that you had to ensure the inconvenience that this could have caused.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Sydney , Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I'll say upfront that the Park Hyatt in Melbourne is "ok". It performs the basic functions of a hotel reasonably enough. The staff are pleasant. However given it prices itself at the high end of 5 star hotels in Melbourne then my expectation is that it lives up to that and hopefully surprises me as well on top of that. Unfortunately if falls well well below that. And it is the attention to detail that is appears as a 3 star hotel and not what we are paying for. We booked 3 rooms in our family name on the one booking and checking in had 2 rooms on one floor and the third room in a different tower on a different floor. Not hard to get right if someone pays attention when allocating the rooms. Getting to our room which was a suite we arrived at 11pm and the room had not even been prepared for the evening - we had to find how to close the drapes , turn down the bed etc - again this would not have been hard to do if someone paid attention. In the room a number of the lights in the bathroom kept going on and off with the shower light not working. Then needing to use Wifi the extortionist money grab begins - $29 for a day of Wifi !!! It is absurd to be charging this when in fact it should be complementary at the rate we are already paying which is over $500 per night. All of us are in for 2 nights and one of rooms was not attended to until very very late in the day. I accept the hotel is busy , it is Xmas time and there are many parties and weddings being held but this is meant to be a Park Hyatt and not a standard motel experience.
Rooms are comfortable and spacious but because of their age the Air conditioning is noisy in all 3 rooms. Decor is fine. Breakfast in the Radii restaurant is a very good buffet but extremely expensive. There are other touches such as a bottle of champagne and chocolates in the room which are nice (free wifi would have been better!) but my experience would say the processes required to ensure that guests are treated in a valued way are letting the hotel fall into a space that it should not be in. For this level of cost there are quite a number of better hotels in Melbourne. The gem of the hotel is Radii.

Room Tip: King room was very spacious - a better bet than a suite if you thinking of either
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor, albeit not that of a positive kind.

I was very disappointed to read how poorly you rated our hotel and would like to say that I am of course very sorry about this. All issues raised have been taken on board and I can assure you will be shared with the hotel team. Certainly some aspects are not acceptable and will be addressed. The internet is a sticky issue in that this is not as simple as our giving it away as we purchase it from a third party and with that we sell it on. I can assure you that we are looking at a better way to combat the negativity with charging and will hopefully have something to communicate on this sometime in 2013. I would rebate this for you but without knowing who you are cannot. Please do contact me directly if you would like me to do this for you though as I would be delighted to assist.

Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful four night stay in this beautiful hotel. From the outside it looks slightly dated but in true Hyatt style the inside was beautiful. The biggest plus for our stay here was the room layout. We were in a relatively standard room but it was very spacious with a great walk in wardrobe to store all our things and a spacious bathroom including a large corner bath. I would have to say that in terms of standard hotel rooms this is the best laid out one I have stayed in. Other positives for this hotel are the customer service, the lap pool and good sized gym, and the comfortable beds. I was also impressed with the room service menu which included some great healthy juices and smoothies available 24 hours. The restaurant downstairs provided great food and service. All in all a great hotel. My only negative for this hotel was the timing of the daily room service, usually if you're out and about in the morning you'll come back to a clean room, however ours always seemed to be serviced in the afternoon when we had popped back into our room. The quality of the service was fine, just the timing didn't work for us.

I should note that the location of this hotel is slightly further than other CBD hotels in terms of accessing the main shopping/business districts. It is still an easy walk and is closer than other hotels to the beautiful parks. If you're staying here during week days I highly recommend the Commune cafe conveniently located right next door for coffee/breakfast or lunch. We had a wonderful stay and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Having just read your review on Trip advisor I would like to thank you for your positive comments!

Fair to say you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to sample so many of the hotel’s facilities which is great. You certainly rated our physical product highly which is great, what was greater to read was that of your feedback about our staff and the positive experienced you encountered while dealing with them. Certainly music to my ears!!

I would hope after this positive stay that you will return to the hotel and that when you do you will contact me directly for that of assistance.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Very best regards,

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!