We had a wonderful four night stay in this beautiful hotel. From the outside it looks slightly dated but in true Hyatt style the inside was beautiful. The biggest plus for our stay here was the room layout. We were in a relatively standard room but it was very spacious with a great walk in wardrobe to store all our things and a spacious bathroom including a large corner bath. I would have to say that in terms of standard hotel rooms this is the best laid out one I have stayed in. Other positives for this hotel are the customer service, the lap pool and good sized gym, and the comfortable beds. I was also impressed with the room service menu which included some great healthy juices and smoothies available 24 hours. The restaurant downstairs provided great food and service. All in all a great hotel. My only negative for this hotel was the timing of the daily room service, usually if you're out and about in the morning you'll come back to a clean room, however ours always seemed to be serviced in the afternoon when we had popped back into our room. The quality of the service was fine, just the timing didn't work for us.
I should note that the location of this hotel is slightly further than other CBD hotels in terms of accessing the main shopping/business districts. It is still an easy walk and is closer than other hotels to the beautiful parks. If you're staying here during week days I highly recommend the Commune cafe conveniently located right next door for coffee/breakfast or lunch. We had a wonderful stay and would stay here again in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- Hyatt Melbourne
- Melbourne Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens and the cosmopolitan mix of Victorian and modern architecture of the central business district, Park Hyatt Melbourne offers an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of the city. Our hotel in Melbourne CBD provides a warm ambience and exceptional levels of personalised service and luxury amenities. Renowned for having the largest 240 luxury rooms & suites in Melbourne with walk in robes, Italian marble ensuites and open windows, our luxury hotel in Melbourne provides an unparalleled experience of elegant, contemporary luxury. Guests are invited to enjoy the award-winning ‘radii’ restaurant & bar, a decadent Tea Lounge and Park Club Health & Day Spa featuring an indoor aquamarine pool, spa, sauna, gym and private sun deck. Our Melbourne hotel is only 25 km from Melbourne Airport, and is convenient to most city attractions around the city centre. It is within walking distance to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), home of the Australian Football League (AFL) and test cricket, The Melbourne Museum and the best boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants and theatre districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Tablet Hotels, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Park Hyatt Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.