“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Darwin, Australia
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a wonderful four night stay in this beautiful hotel. From the outside it looks slightly dated but in true Hyatt style the inside was beautiful. The biggest plus for our stay here was the room layout. We were in a relatively standard room but it was very spacious with a great walk in wardrobe to store all our things and a spacious bathroom including a large corner bath. I would have to say that in terms of standard hotel rooms this is the best laid out one I have stayed in. Other positives for this hotel are the customer service, the lap pool and good sized gym, and the comfortable beds. I was also impressed with the room service menu which included some great healthy juices and smoothies available 24 hours. The restaurant downstairs provided great food and service. All in all a great hotel. My only negative for this hotel was the timing of the daily room service, usually if you're out and about in the morning you'll come back to a clean room, however ours always seemed to be serviced in the afternoon when we had popped back into our room. The quality of the service was fine, just the timing didn't work for us.

I should note that the location of this hotel is slightly further than other CBD hotels in terms of accessing the main shopping/business districts. It is still an easy walk and is closer than other hotels to the beautiful parks. If you're staying here during week days I highly recommend the Commune cafe conveniently located right next door for coffee/breakfast or lunch. We had a wonderful stay and would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Having just read your review on Trip advisor I would like to thank you for your positive comments!

Fair to say you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to sample so many of the hotel’s facilities which is great. You certainly rated our physical product highly which is great, what was greater to read was that of your feedback about our staff and the positive experienced you encountered while dealing with them. Certainly music to my ears!!

I would hope after this positive stay that you will return to the hotel and that when you do you will contact me directly for that of assistance.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Indonesian first
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's the little things!! The extremely comfortable bed and the coffee machine were the stand outs! On the edge of the city and so seconds away from the noise and action! Perfect location! only negative was that breakfast was over the top expensive.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will return and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well.

Dix Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed here for a special occasion. Su, the Assistant Front Desk Manager, sent us a bottle of champagne. But since we do not drink, we asked Molly, from housekeeping, to take it back. She replaced it with very nice box of chocolates! Great customer service!

The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Even our maid helped us with our Penguin tour!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor! Great that you both enjoyed your stay and that our team were able to make the experience all the more memorable. I can assure you that you note has been shared with all concerned and with thanks!! We exceeded your expectations!

I hope that you will return to Melbourne and that when you do you will contact me so that I can assist with making a reservation for you.

All the best,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We've stayed at several of Melbourne's top hotels over the years but this is certainly the best - the rooms are very spacious and attractively furnished. The bathroom is great and with a separate shower so that you don't have to climb over a bath!
So many hotel rooms are poky and lack the elegance you expect from a 5 star hotel - not so at the Park Hyatt,Melbourne.
Service was excellent as was the breakfast. And its quieter than being in the very middle of the city.
We'll certainly stay there again and that's the real test, isn't it?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your fist stay with us! Fair to say you sampled so many of our facilities and that you enjoyed these. Yes the real test is that of the return stay! Your contacting me to let me know when you plan to return would be appreciated so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements! It would be my pleasure.

I trust you are well and look forward to hearing from you soon and ultimately, to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Downunder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have just completed our 4th stay at the Park Hyatt and I will not stay anywhere else in Melbourne. In my opinion, it's one of the best hotels in Australia. (I work in travel so am qualified to make this comment!)

Fhe moment you arrive, the stresses of travel are erased by the helpful, attentive and welcoming staff. The hotel smells divine as you enter. The rooms are beautiful with enormous walk in robe and huge bathroom. The beds are extremely comfortable and the pillows are like little clouds on which to rest your head!

We have already rebooked for March and I also book my valued clients into this hotel. Sure there are cheaper options and more centrally located MEL hotels, but we prefer the location of this hotel as it is a little away from the hussle and bussle, but you can easily walk everywhere in a short time!

BOOK IT! You won't regret it! 10/10!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting such wonderful comments on Trip Advisor.

I must admit that I was initially concerned as when I opened the review page all I saw was, “4th stay at the Park Hyatt. I won’t stay…….” Thankfully you went on to say, “Anywhere else!!” Crisis averted!! All that said it was certainly pleasing to read that you really do enjoy your stays with us. I hope you will return and that when you do you will book directly with me so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements!

I trust you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne again soon.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

The staff were attentive, professional and flawless in their attention to detail. King bed housed an array of the most comfortable pillows possible. The bathroom a highlight with huge corner bath and in wall television. The vanity products were high quality and other in room facilities were generous. Twinings tea and Harris coffee bags were a treat. Located on the beautiful gardens, an easy walk to Brunswick St restaurants and close to the CBD. The day spa and pool/ gym areas immaculate and luxurious. I can't wait to return for a getaway

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Simply Stunning in Every Way!! Now that’s what I call a heading!!!

Thank you so much for your glowing review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to sample our facilities. Delighted too that you enjoyed your room and its features. The latter of which you described so well.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Recently stayed for two nights while on business. Great value, the service was great, everyone was very friendly. My room was huge, modern and very comfortable. Location was perfect for both business and walkable to a great hip area where there was a Latin American festival going on. I will definitely be staying here again, both for business and with my family when I come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Another Job Well Done!!! Well for that I was pleased to read!

From all accounts I think fair to say that you enjoyed not only the hotel but also that of your time here in Melbourne, getting out and about exploring the local sites and indeed offerings!! All good and indeed there’s lots on and lots to do.

I hope you will return and that you will bring your family with you! Please let me know if I can assist with your travel plans! It would be a pleasure.

I trust you are well and thank you again for your great review!

Kind regards,