We stayed at the Park Hyatt over 2 nights for our wedding anniversary and also to relax after a recent back operation. The Park Hyatt is 5* and you get what you pay for – a 5* beautiful grand hotel with a dark wood and gold / silver décor running throughout the hotel. The service from everyone was fantastic, nothing was a problem.
We wanted a quiet time and were worried about some of the comments on trip advisor about the cathedral bells on Sunday so we booked on the other side of the hotel away from the cathedral and we did not hear a peep on Sunday morning. Simply, if you want to see the cathedral you will hear the bells if not book the other side of the hotel, no noise – easy?
We booked a spa room with a TV in the spa area and it was fantastic. The room I think was 48 square meters and was very open and spacious, the bathroom and walk in wardrobe was marble and timber excellence. The bed was a king and I loved it but the bed topper was not as plush as some other hotels but that is a personal preference.
The location of the hotel is in the government “posh” quiet area set amongst some churches and gardens (if you like that sort of thing) but the hotel is also within close walking distance to the free city tram and the CBD itself – I had a back operation 8 weeks previous and have a little trouble walking and with the free tram etc managed to get around town with minimal discomfort (if you have mobility issues you just need to work out what way the hills run and walk opposite, then catch the free tram back to where you are going)
The only issue (if that) is the cost of breakfast. At $40 a head you expect a lot. The spread is a little on the light side for the price BUT what you get is quality fresh food i.e. eggs are cooked to order so no rubber worn out omelette’s or scrambled eggs and all the staff treat you like you are a king. If $40 a head worries you then just go to the CBD. There are millions of cafes for you to choose from. You may get cheaper but may not get any better.
I must commend the staff that helped my wife late on Sunday night trying to track down something that she had left in a cab. They went out of their way, registered a call and also spoke with the cab company directly trying hard to get the item back to us – unfortunately it looks like another passenger in the cab wanted the item more so it could not be located – simply, don’t leave things in cabs!!!
The hotel is fantastic, the food is fantastic and everyone at the hotel was friendly and fantastic. I would recommend the Park Hyatt to anyone who enjoys the good life.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- Hyatt Melbourne
- Melbourne Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens and the cosmopolitan mix of Victorian and modern architecture of the central business district, Park Hyatt Melbourne offers an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of the city. Our hotel in Melbourne CBD provides a warm ambience and exceptional levels of personalised service and luxury amenities. Renowned for having the largest 240 luxury rooms & suites in Melbourne with walk in robes, Italian marble ensuites and open windows, our luxury hotel in Melbourne provides an unparalleled experience of elegant, contemporary luxury. Guests are invited to enjoy the award-winning ‘radii’ restaurant & bar, a decadent Tea Lounge and Park Club Health & Day Spa featuring an indoor aquamarine pool, spa, sauna, gym and private sun deck. Our Melbourne hotel is only 25 km from Melbourne Airport, and is convenient to most city attractions around the city centre. It is within walking distance to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), home of the Australian Football League (AFL) and test cricket, The Melbourne Museum and the best boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants and theatre districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Olotels, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Park Hyatt Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.