This is a beautiful and very appealing hotel; in the decor and fitout of the public areas, the furnishings, the grand piano in the lounge and lovely outdoor courtyard.
Our room was spacious, very well provisioned, including a coffee maker, books and magazines, good room for clothes and suitcases and immaculately clean.
Although we were on the ground floor, our room was very quiet, despite there being conferences and wedding receptions in the hotel.
The location is perfect; being easy walking distance to the city and set amongst lovely parks and churches, making for a quieter environment.
Whilst reception service was excellent, we found bar and lounge service did not meet our expectations. We sat in the courtyard one afternoon and despite staff being present, we were never asked what we might like. Similarly in the lounge with the piano, we waited quite some time another evening to order additional drinks, whilst three staff were present, but were chatting amongst themselves and we even had to wave to attract their attention. In the bar downstairs, service was not so lacking, but still took longer than expected.
An overall impression is only as good as the weakest link, so service aspects let this Hyatt down somewhat. Otherwise, it was very enjoyable stay at this lovely establishment.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel Melbourne
- Park Hyatt Melbourne Hotel
- Hyatt Melbourne
- Melbourne Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Fitzroy Gardens and the cosmopolitan mix of Victorian and modern architecture of the central business district, Park Hyatt Melbourne offers an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of the city. Our hotel in Melbourne CBD provides a warm ambience and exceptional levels of personalised service and luxury amenities. Renowned for having the largest 240 luxury rooms & suites in Melbourne with walk in robes, Italian marble ensuites and open windows, our luxury hotel in Melbourne provides an unparalleled experience of elegant, contemporary luxury. Guests are invited to enjoy the award-winning ‘radii’ restaurant & bar, a decadent Tea Lounge and Park Club Health & Day Spa featuring an indoor aquamarine pool, spa, sauna, gym and private sun deck. Our Melbourne hotel is only 25 km from Melbourne Airport, and is convenient to most city attractions around the city centre. It is within walking distance to the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), home of the Australian Football League (AFL) and test cricket, The Melbourne Museum and the best boutique shopping, cafes, restaurants and theatre districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Park Hyatt Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.