“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #8 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a spa room and it was wonderful!! Great room,a lot of space. Just lovely! Only one little thing I would like to mention is that pillows were too soft for us, my head sank during the night and I woke up couple of times to adjust my pillows, otherwise it is one of the best hotels I have ever been too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stay here when in MLB for work. Is always lovely. The staff are friendly, though sometimes they don't seem genuine, but they are alawys friendly and willing to do the extra. They just need to relax a bit! BUt, this is not a gripe.

On gripe, common not only to Park Hyatt, is the offensive price of the breakfasts. Plus, it doesn't even include coffee! Is disgraceful. As is the price of wifi. Come on people, it is 2012. Wifi should be complimentory. Look around the rest of the planet!

Anyway, the rooms are brilliant. Though a bigger opening window would be nice for a little more fresh air.

I do enjoy my stays1

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a work function in June. WOW what can I say. Magnificent!

This place has all the mid cons you oils ask for. Valet parking, room service just to name a few. We stated on the Winter package and hot dessert and drinks brought to our room on arrival. After a quick swim in the 25m pool and beautiful spa, we returned to our magnificent marble bathroom to get ready for the evening.

We even found a TV above the spa bath!!!! Touch sensor lights. The link goes on but I won't bore you!!

The full buffet breakfast in the Radii restaurant was amazing!!

They even let us have a later checkout because we were going to the footy!

Overall this was the nicest 5-star hotel we have ever stayed at and would love to come back again.

Next time though, I would bring my own pillow so I could actually get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

All in all I think it would be safe to say that you and your wife enjoyed your stay here in the hotel but I did note your comments re the pillows and would like to ask you, if you don't mind, letting me know what you disliked about them. Feedback of this nature assists us in improving what we do.

I trust you are both well and look forward to welcoming you both back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Best regards,

Sholto

Kind regards.

Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I was quite disappointed with this park hyatt! The location is good but the overall experience is not the usual park hyatt that provided. It's a bit old fashion with the interior, unlike the seoul and shanghai park which are more modern and hip. Room is spacious but the mattress, bathtub and shower are not very new And you can simply tell from their appearance. And the food is just so so. The concierge are not very helpful and profesional as they can't tell you where you should go for a good restaurant with steak provide! And they did help you to call for a taxi but they didn't care when the car didnt show up after 15 mins! You just can't expect these from a park hyatt! Really far from professional service and there are more and better choices in Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, albeit there being of a negative kind.

I was rather concerned to read how poorly you rated both our product and our staff. Feedback be-it of a positive or negative nature is always good to receive as it either tells us we are getting it right, or, as your case may be, that we are not and with that we always try to learn from these experiences and improve on what we do.

I would hope you will return to Park Hyatt Melbourne and when you do that you will contact me so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well and thank you once more for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Kind regards.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Rooms were amazing, slept extremely well. Lots of space. Great service from check into check out. Event staff was super as well, did a wonder job. Definitely a great value for the price paid.nice Tobe spoiled once in awhile, and the rate I found wasn't bad at all, I would expect to pay more for what's received. Free Internet and bottled water is always nice. A definite must stay for next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor and such a positive one at that!

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and indeed hope that you will return someday soon. Your comments about the water and internet are duly noted and I am presuming they relate to your displeasure with regards to having to pay. The internet issue is a tricky one as the service is provided to us via a third party and with that, we are charged with each and every connection, the latter of which we then on charge. Of course this is of little interest to you but I would like to let you know that we are always looking into ways to better the arrangement but at this point we are contractually obliged. In terms of bottle water. We do charge for that but can of course arrange for you to receive that with our compliments when you stay with us next.

Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can persona;;y look after you.

I trust you are well and that summer in Hawaii is good.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This review is long overdue.
I stayed at the Park Hyatt for a second time while on business in January.
The room and staff were awesome.
Everyone was great, but I must mention particularly Christian at the front desk. When I fell ill, he was genuinely concerned and he along with other member of staff put me in good hands.
He's a credit to the service industry. If only more people could be like him.
I look forward to next stay there.
The only negative is the internet. They charge an exorbitant price for it, and in this day and age, internet should be free. There's no excuse for that.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Greetings from Park Hyatt Melbourne.

Thank you for your review, albeit your deeming it long overdue.

I was delighted to read your positive comments. Especially regarding Christian. I will ensure that your feedback is shared with him as it is feedback of this nature that cements the continue training in that of going the extra mile and exceeding guest expectations. I would also like to advise you that Christian was recently promoted to Assistant Manager - Front Office, so and that said, his dedication, hard work and commitment are qualities that have been noticed.

All that said, I could not of course notice your displeasure re that of the internet and the cost thereof. The internet issue is a tricky one as the service is provided to us via a third party and with that, we are charged with each and every connection, the latter of which we then on charge. Of course this is of little interest to you but I would like to let you know that we are always looking into ways to better the arrangement but at this point we are contractually obliged.

I write this trusting you are well and please let me know when you wish to return to Park Hyatt Melbourne so that I can personally look after you.

Sholto

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Exhausted from busy week flew in fri evening with 8yearold caught up for dinner with family dinner in radii amazing !!miss 8 tired adults purveyed dessert menu staff offered to deliver to room ah bliss .the room was very spacious clean and comfy with rollaway , the bathroom is like zen zone with bath big enough for 2 while u watch tv in bathroom .best of all peace and tranquil too sleep 12 hrs!!! Can't wait to come back to try day spa and indoor pool .stayed at langham & hilton this is pure luxury and service 2 wonderful nights heaven

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from Park Hyatt Melbourne.

I was delighted to read your positive comments on Trip Advisor! Thank you for these.

It was appear you really enjoyed your time here in the hotel. I do hope you will return and when you do that you will contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation.

I write this trusting you are well and that you enjoy the remainder of the long weekend.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!