“Simply Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 158 Hotels in Melbourne
Corona del Mar, CA
“Simply Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

On my recent business trip through Oz I was able to stay at some great hotels and the Park Hyatt Melbourne was right up there by the best.

It is a great location, just outside the core business area, but across the street from the Parliament building, St Patrick's Cathedral, in a great garden area and close to the Yarra Tram.

The hotel itself couldn't have been nicer. The room was perfect. I had a suite with a great terrace that overlooked St. Patrick's Cathedral and it has a separate sitting area where I could comfortably hold business meetings.

There is a great pool, ideal for serious swimmer, is it is 25 meters and not too hot as some hotel pools can be. The fitness center too was very impressive. I didn't have time to use the spa, but it looked terrific.

The staff was spot on in every thing and were very accommodating to my needs. I had a number of business papers delivered and the hotel was great about getting them too me as soon as they hit the lobby desk.

I would love to return here for a week and really see the city at leisure, I think the Park Hyatt would be an ideal central place to stay for exploring the city.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor! I really liked the heading "Simply Wonderful!"

From your comments I can see that you stayed in one of our Terrace Suites and I am delighted that you liked it so much in that it was perfect for your meetings etc while you were in residence. Thank you too for your ever so positive words about our health club. It was pleasing to learn that you were able to use these facilities and while I note you were not able to use the spa, I would hope that when you return you will be able to realise this.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.

I trust you are well.

Email: sholto.smith@hyatt.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Indonesian first
Launceston, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I found the staff to be efficient friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was definately enjoyable. Quality of the inhouse restaurant very good. Withinwalking distance of city, parks and gardens.

Room Tip: Views from the southward facing rooms would be nice?
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here and that you were able to enjoy our facilities while here, namely radii restaurant & bar. Very good to also hear you enjoyed the location.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

With many stays here,now, this Hotel has the best service we have experienced in Australia, and a club Lounge , that is superlative, and the valet parking staff so professional and obliging.

Regular rooms are gigantic, beautiful finishes, and always well serviced and oh so clean. Tranquil, top end of town, and beautiful surrounds. Front desk staff are friendly, and switched on. The tram goes by,just out the front, or its a nice stroll into downtown. Comparedto some other 5 star Hotels, Park Hyatt is a 6 star!!! Great pool and gym, and the whole palce is so serene and visually pleasing on the senses.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I was delighted to read your post on Trip Advisor.

I think fair to say that you and your wife enjoyed your recent stay with us from your accommodation to your interaction with our team. The latter so important too and your confirming that these were of a positive nature is certainly that of encouraging to read. I will ensure these comments are shared with all. I was of course also delighted with your feedback about the Gymnasium, the hotel's cleanliness and our surrounds.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the not too distant future and when you do have dates in mind then please contact me directly so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are both well.

Very best regards,

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Had a two day stay for a meeting in this top class hotel. The meeting facilities, rooms, and restaurants were as expected from a five star hotel. What was great however was the indoor heated pool long enough to do laps and a very well equipped gym. It does make the stay away from home more bearable when in such nice surroundings. The staff were also very attentive.

Room Tip: Enjoy the TV in the bath.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a positive review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your time here and that you were able to sample some of the hotel's facilities, namely, our Park Club Health and Day Spa, especially our 25 meter indoor heated pool and indeed our gymnasium. Your comments about our attentive staff have also been noted and will be shared with all. It is of course through feedback of this nature that enables us know that our striving for excellence is worth the effort.

We hope you will be able to return and when you do then I would hope you will feel free to contact me so that I can assist you with your accommodation requirements.

I trust you are well.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at the Park Hyatt and loved the beautiful room with the corner spa and shower with dual shower-heads. The room was pricey but we felt it was worth it for a special occasion. We had excellent meals in the restaurant and recommend this hotel for couples who can afford it. The location can be a little bit difficult for tourists or business travellers.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

It would seem you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and for that I am delighted. Do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

i have worked in the industry, and travel a lot for business and pleasure. i always stay on an executive floor. this hotels executive floor staff were attentive without being nosy. nothing was a bother. great location in the paris end of collins street.

Room Tip: stay away from lift wells.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such positive comments on Trip Advisor.

It would appear you enjoyed your stay with us and I am delighted that you also enjoyed our Park Lounge. The latter certainly that a great facility if I do say so myself, and one that we too feel is worth the small amount nesesary to cover the inclusion thereof.

I note your saying you travel allot and would hope you will be returning to Park Hyatt Melbourne again soon and that when you do I would welcome contact from you so that I can personally take care of your accommodation requirements.

I write this trusting you are well.

Resident Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

stayed here during Melbourne cup week room was excellent very spacious and well equipped
WiFi very expensive so we used good old McDonald's 300 meters away for our free Skype calls home
staff helpful as you would expect for the rating and price and well located for the excellent free inner city circle tram(see our separate review) stop just 100 meters away
breakfast over priced

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write comments on Trip Advisor.

I think from reading your comments that it would be fair to assume that you enjoyed your stay. Needless to say I was disappointed to read that the internet charged marred your otherwise positive stay with us. The internet issue is a tricky one as the service is provided to us via a third party and with that, we are charged with each and every connection, the latter of which we then on charge. Of course this is of little interest to you but I would like to let you know that we are always looking into ways to better the arrangement but at this point we are contractually obliged. Your comments too re the cost of breakfast is also noted and has been shared with the food and beverage team as it is of course through feedback of this nature that enables us to improve on what we do so thank you.

Please do let me know when you plan to return so that I can ensure you are well received and looked after.

I write this trusting you are well and if you are in the UK that you are enjoying the jubilee celebrations!