“Where you can't possibly be disappointed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #8 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Where you can't possibly be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

When I have been asked by international friends to recommend accommodation for their clients business visit to Melbourne I always recommend and arrange the accommodation at the Park Hyatt Melbourne. Why? For a hotel located in Melbourne City, it is quite secluded and beautifully positioned. The beautiful Fitzroy Gardens are behind the hotel. Gorgeous for a morning walk, see Captain Cook's Cottage and Conservatory. Hotel is next to Parliament House and hop skip and jump to top end of Colin's Street, where all the big brand name boutiques reside for men and women.

The Hotel is superb for business meetings even if catching a coffee on the first floor. One of the guests I recommended does own a 5.5 star all suite hotel. I knew I couldn't go wrong with this Hotel particular for the price. Yes I could have recommended other hotel room accommodation with a significant price tag, but quite frankly I don't see the point to it. I'm far too down to earth. Certainly don't want to be responsible for booking another persons accommodation at an extraordinary cost irrespective who they are. I know I could never guarantee a persons own experience irrespective of what accommodation level is chosen, so I feel far more comfortable recommending quality at a quality price.

Elizabeth Wilson - Melbourne Australia

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you for writing such a positive critique on Trip Advisor!

You really have noted everything that we feel are points of interest/importance to travellers from both Melbourne and indeed other states/countries. Your other comments re being superb for business meetings. coffee and the likes were also very good to receive. There is so much competition these days and indeed hotels are either opening or indeed are reinventing themselves. At the end of the day the important thing being that we offer great personalised service and that our product offers value for money. We hope that is what we are doing and indeed that you continue to recomend us to your friends/colleagues and indeed that you too continue to visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you. All of my details are listed below and I look froward to hearing from you.

I write this trusting you are well and look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne in the not too distant future.

Luxury is Personal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

from the time we arrived at the Park Hyatt until when we left was such an amazing experience. This place has "class" all over it. We would highly recommend this place to stay for any one who wants an ultimate weekend experience. The staff were very friendly, we were upgraded when we arrived as there was a multi cultral wedding taking place and their celebrations were very loud, not that we complained. The room we stayed in was King spa room, wow, it was huge! The bathroom & spa bath was amazing and with a late check out at 2pm who could complain!! We have dinner at the restaurant which we would definitley dine at again, the food was amazing and the service was great. All in all a great experience especially for a special occassion.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your glowing review on Trip Advisor!

It would appear we managed to tick all of the "right" boxes during your stay and your letting us know is greatly appreciated.

We hope you will both return and should you decide to then I would be only too happy to assist you with your accommodation requirements. All of my details are listed below and I look froward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

Lovely large rooms with a luxurious feel. We stayed at a slow time of the year (before the tennis starts) so found some excellent room rates. The staff were very helpful and the foyer is in a grand deco style. Location is superb, being very close to everything but far away enough for it to be peaceful. Happily recommend this to friends.

• Stayed January 2012
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your positive comments and indeed your critique on the hotel. We are all very proud of this hotel and needless to say always enthused when we receive comments from guests who also enjoy aspects such as the design, location and the likes. Thank you too for recommending to your friends. Word of mouth is still one of the best endorsements!

Please do let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

Again another excellent and salubrious stay at the park hyatt.
the ambiance of this hotel is hard to match anywhere, the standard rooms are large as is the bathroom, it is a bit expensive but I think its worth it. Facilities are excellent.
on the weekends you can find free parking nearby if you don't want to pay the parking, as usual the internet is too expensive but that seems to be the norm for all high end hotels (we bring our own hotspot and therefore its free). We did not eat at the hotel because of the cost but in Melbourne if you can't find a restaurant then your missing great experiences. I do think its a bit much to charge $6.00 for a small bottle of water, but melbourne water is one of the best in the world so why pay for it in a bottle?
Because of previous experiences with this hotel, the general manager had put us in for an upgrade if possible, of course for me that never happens and the front desk knew nothing about it...but i was expecting that! still didn't detract from the stay.

If you can afford it, do try it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Park Hyatt Melbourne.

While I can see you were happy with most aspects of your stay it is evident we did not meet all of your expectations! I am very sorry too if your promised upgrade was not met. You must let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally assist you and indeed make sure we deliver what we promise.

Lakes Entrance, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I am a regular at Park Hyatt Melbourne. I took my whole family of 8 there for 4 nights over Christmas. EVERYTHING is always perfect. Valet staff are fast and friendly. Front desk staff are engaging and informed. The girls in Club Lounge must see hundreds of people each week, but they always remember you and make you feel like you are a star. The facilities are so very clean and immaculate. Christmas day the 'big boss' visited and thanked all staff that were working. It was personal and a real credit. Thanks Sholto ! You are all awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for the specific view you want. City or Cathedral. You always get your preference.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you thank you for such positive comments on Trip Advisor! I need to apologise for not responding sooner but I have not been able to access the response center in Trip Advisor! Now all fixed!!

I was delighted to hear you all enjoyed the hotel over the festive season and I can assure you that your positive comments will be shared with the entire team here.

Wishing you and your family a belated Happy New Year too! May 2012 bring an abundance of good health, happiness and prosperity with it!

Do let me know when you all plan to return!

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The tree-lined streets adjacent to this hotel provide a stately entry to this uber-slick hotel on the outskirts of the Melbourne City Center. The decorator tried a bit too hard to make the fit and fittings modern and chic, but the overall atmosphere is pleasing and functional. The rooms are spacious and quite comfortable, with all of the accoutrements of a five-star establishment. Service can use a bit of adjustment in order to come to an excellent rating. In such a place, one should be able to expect all services to be available (and most complimentary). Where would one get hair, nails and shoeshine done, for example? The rooms with a view over the Cathedral are quite dramatic.

Room Tip: Ask for Cathedral view
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting some comments on Trip Advisor. It am slowly responding to rather allot of feedback that we have received over the past month while my access to the system has been sufferuing from some IT woes! Still; all fixed now and I am, one by one responding to all of them!

All that said, it is evident that you enjoyed the majority of the hotel's facilities but you left feeling we could do some things better. I would be only to happy to discuss this with you further and should you wish to contact me to do that then please by all means do. Needless to say I would also be delighted to personally assist you with your reservation requiremnets should you wish to return.

All of my details are listed below and I look froward to hearing from you.

Victoria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

As a five star hotel, the Park Hyatt has all the things one would expect like robes and slippers but I found it was very bland from the grand but soul-less reception area to the hallways. The service was adequate but did not give that feeling of welcome that some hotels seem to give.
My main reason for the poor rating is that everything is an added extra in addition to the already high room tariff such as parking($40) internet access (25) Bottle of water in the room (6) and the abundant but overpriced breakfast at $45. Also with the breakfast I was presented with the bill without being asked if I was finished which gave me the impression I was to leave.
As for the location, it is in a back street behind the parliment which is a fair distance from the city centre. Considering the number of quality hotels in the CBD or along the riverbank there are many more appealing places to stay.
In short, nothing really wrong, but nothing really right.

Room Tip: City View rooms are available which would be nicer than the courtyard
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank you for posting some comments on Trip Advisor. I had every intention of responding to you sooner than I have but due to a glitch in the system I have not been able too.

All that said I can only surmise that you really did not enjoy your stay here and due to so many factors. Almost too many to mention. While we aim to please I am aware that we cannot all of the time but and while saying that, I would of course like to think that you would return and when you do we would be able to redeem ourselves.

Please let me know if you would like to make a reservation so that I can personally look after you.

All of my details are listed below and I look froward to hearing from you.

Luxury is Personal

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!