“Perfect Ending to Our Honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York, New York, United States
“Perfect Ending to Our Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We ended our 2 week Australian honeymoon at the Park Hyatt Melbourne. From the moment we arrived, the staff were incredible. We received an automatic room upgrade and access to the lounge. We were told we had to wait about 30 minutes for our room to be ready so we were offered complimentary glasses of wine. Our room was ready within 5 minutes. The room was GORGEOUS and extremely spacious. We knew we weren't going to be happy about leaving after 2 days! As part of our package, we received afternoon tea. Everything was delicious! We each got 60 minute deep tissue massages at the spa which were incredible. The spa was beautiful. We couldn't have asked for a more relaxing, beautiful, spacious hotel to end our honeymoon. We hope we have the chance to return in the future. We will definitely stay at other Park Hyatt locations during future travels.
Amy & Dave

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
CONGRATULATIONS once more on your getting married! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness together!

Secondly! Thank you so much for taking the time to post such glowing comments on Trip Advisor! We were delighted to read that you both enjoyed your stay! Seems we were able to exceed your expectations!!

I would hope that you will return one day and that when you do you will contact me directly so that I can assist you with your requirements. My details are all listed below.

_________________________________________

Luxury is Personal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Indonesian first
Washington, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hotel does not disclose that every weekend the St. Patrick's Cathedral next door rings it's bells for HOURS and HOURS. This went on for over three hours for us, so loud. They couldn't switch us to another room, they wouldn't credit our account saying rudely that, "When you see the church next door, you should know that there's going to be bell ringing." After some begging, they said they called the church, but no answer. We asked if they could call the police with a disturbing the peace complaint, but they refused. In desperation, we finally called the police ourselves, and they were very nice and sent someone out to the church. (By then, the three hours were almost over anyway.) But, unless more guests complain again, the church will probably keep doing this every weekend. I could see perhaps 10 minutes of bell ringing to celebrate a wedding or something, but this is way excessive and truly is disturbing the peace. Any other church would not get away with this, but would have to keep the noise contained. The hotel said it's not disturbing the police if it's during the day. But, the police said any excessive noise during the day is disturbing the peace and whenever the church is ringing their bells longer than 10 minutes, someone should call the police and they will send someone out again to tell them to contain their noise and limit their celebratory bell ringing. To report a disturbing the peace, since the hotel probably won't help you, dial 000 and ask for police, then say you'd like to report a disturbing the peace. (Hope this helps you get better rest than I did, for the prices you are paying.)

Room Tip: As far away as you can from the church bell ringing!!! Goes on for hours every weekend.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
I was very sorry to hear that the ringing of the church bells marred your what was otherwise that of a good stay here at Park Hyatt Melbourne. Believe it or not we get allot of requests for rooms with direct views of the Cathedral. Perhaps we can try to redeem ourselves , if indeed you both decide to return, by our allocating a room in our Park Tower. The bells would not even be as loud as a whisper!

Please contact me directly so that I can assist you with your requirements. My details are all listed below.

_________________________________________

Port Vila, Vanuatu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for one night to celebrate his birthday recently. We were given a bottle of champagne and a beautiful box of handmade chocolates for management which was a beautiful gesture. I wish I had spent longer in the gorgeous pool and spa but unfortunately time didn't allow. Didn't get to try the sauna or gym but they looked great. The room itself was stunning and huge! And I LOVED the bathroom. Gorgeous spa, double sinks and a great shower. Like I said I wish we could have stayed longer. Next time maybe...

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got one overlooking the driveway.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such super comments on Trip Advisor! I think the question has to be, "when will you both return?" You must let me know so that I can assist you with that of your reservation!!!

Please contact me directly via any of my below mentioned details.

________________________________________

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed at Park Hyatt Melbourne for a night this week. It is second time i stayed here. the hotel located in east Melbourne, very easy to access to all landmarks. concierge staff are rude and unhelpful. No body said hello or helped when i arrived. I have no idea what are they doing in front of the main entrance. Check in was fine but I ticked morning paper but did not delivered in second day. very disappointing. check out was smooth, I double checked I did tick the papers and it was mistake by staff at front desk. So if you want to read in the morning, you need to triple check with front desk when you check in. Room was fantastic, big and bright. very comfortable queen size bed with great linens. Spa bath, shower separated from toilet. I walked to Lygon st for dinner with a friend, only took me 30 minutes to go through Carlton garden. very pleasant walk and highly recommended. it was great stay i hope the service could be improved particular Concierge staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for such super comments on Trip Advisor!

While your comments were mostly favorable, it was also evident that we failed to meet all of your expectations! Would you return? That is of could the question and one that I would hope the answer too would be yes!! If so to the latter then I would request that you contact me directly so that I can personally look after you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Melbourne.

________________________________________

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times, and usually the room that I was allocated was nice. On this trip in nov, I had to change rooms three time! Upon check in on a late evening, I entered a room where the air-con was noisy. I switched to another room immediately, neglecting the slanted lamp, malfunctioned hair dryer and clock. The late reception desk was not entirely helpful as well.

The third room change in the following morning was finally back yo 'hyatt" standards, and the reception lady was also very helpful.

All in all, it's a hit or miss. All rooms are different and have a different view. Try to get a room with view facing the catherdral. Rooms have wifii, which is good.

Room Tip: Rooms on catherdral side have good views
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor.

While the end result of your critique is that of a positive one, it is very clear to see that it took a while for us to get it right on the night! I am sorry that it had to be like this. Certainly not ideal and indeed I will ensure your comments are shared with all concerned. We strive for perfection and to exceed guest expectations and your feedback will assist us with these endeavours.

Please let me know when you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation requirements.

I write this trusting you are well.

Best regards,

_____________________________________________
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Just returning from an excellent 6 night stay in Melbourne. This hotel was perfectly situated to walk to some great areas in Melbourne. Loved the coffee house right down the Alley (Commune) for breakfast or caffeine before the start of the day. Rooms were new, clean and nice as was the gym. Only complaint was the expensive room service for dinner and the afternoon bells of the cathedral. Regardless, I'd stay here every time on biz or pleasure!

• Stayed November 2011
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed here a number of times on interstate trips. mainly around conferences. The conference facilties are good, service attentive, food good. Rooms are decent size with extra space in the bathroom, separate toilet, big bath AND shower, him and her sinks, lots of glass mirrors, generous amenities - love th bathroom! Great facilities, nice coffee in the lounge bar, room prices acceptable for this standard, the only gripe I had was with the inflated mini bar prices. And the next 7-Eleven is a 15 -20 minutes round trip into Collins st. I guess the location is not as ideal as say the Sofitel for a business traveller, prefer this one over the Hilton though (and I am a big fan of the Hilton).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post comments on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, albeit your displeasure with our mini bar prices. Can I ask you which item/s you found to be outrageously priced?

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you plan to return so that I can personally look after your accommodation needs.

Best regards,

_____________________________________________
Luxury is Personal

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!