“A true 5 star property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Melbourne to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Parliament Square | off Parliament Place, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Gourmet Delight
Ranked #10 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“A true 5 star property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the hotel early August to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We booked direct with the hotel and the rate was excellent. Upon check in at 4.30 our room wasn't ready but the staff quickly set us up in the bar with a complementary drink. When our room was ready we had been upgraded to a Terrace suite overlooking St Patricks! The Suites are elegant with an art deco theme, separate lounge and a gas log fire, walk in robe complete with yoga mat, large study with sliding doors opening on to a large terrace, the signature bathroom with spa bath and build in TV and large bedroom also overlooking the cathedral. Just as we had settled in the GM sent up Australian sparkling and a box of Hyatt signature chocolates and a note congratulating us on the occasion. This is what you expect when staying at 5 star properties but unfortunately many hotels don't follow through! The in room dining menu is extensive and very reasonable and served on a trolley set with silver and crystal, the pool is a delight well lit with plush towels and the day spa very relaxing. All in all we couldn't fault the hotel and will be booking again for a stay in January!

Room Tip: Book a terrace suite or Cathedral suite for a balcony or floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Ca...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such glowing comments on Trip Advisor.

It would seem you enjoyed every aspect of your stay here which is great to hear! Congratulations. albeit rather belated, on your 10th wedding anniversary too. Do let me know if you would like assistance with your planned stay for January and indeed for August when you could perhaps both return for your 11th wedding anniversary in 2012.....?

I write this trusting you are well and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.

782 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Indonesian first
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We have spent the last three years at this property for 3 nights on a visit into the heart of Melbourne, We love it, the service is great, location good and have never had a bad room

Room Tip: TRy and get one that overlooks the park
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your positive comments on Trip Advisor.

While they were short and sweet they said it all and indeed I am delighted that you enjoy frequenting our hotel. You must let me know when you plan to return so that I can assist you with your accommodation and indeed your room allocation.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011 via mobile

Bad start- front desk could not find my reservation so blamed me - are you sure you are at the right hotel? After I went and printed out the reservation- no apology - disappointing as I paid top dollar ( close to 400) for service which was missing from the off. Half an hour later - think we were given the worst room in the house - the corridor smells like a hospital or in the foyer it smells like a heavily scented bath. Save your money.

• Stayed October 2011
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, albeit there not being of the positive kind.

I was very sorry to read that you encountered issues from the time you checked in, or tried to check in, to that of your feelings in regards to the room you were allocated. I would be happy to discuss this with you further so please contact me if you would like to so that I can gather more information which in turn will assist me with my investigating the matter further. It is of course through feedback of this kind that enabled us to improve on our operation.

I write this trusting you are well and look forward to hearing from you.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

First off, lovely hotel... great location near Collins St. restaurants and bars, great rooms, great lobby and loved the free internet in the business center. All that being said, highlite was Jason the Concierge. He made our trip for us. He booked us the perfect wine day (with a great guide/driver named Garth) who took us for the most special day of wine tastings, lunch and whatnot (don't want to give up all the goods it should be a surprise). Don't let anyone fool you, Australian wines are MUCH better than what we see here in the States. He then booked us (and talked me in to) driving on the left side of the road of course down the coast to see the 12 apostles..... On the way we wanted badly to see Kangaroo's and he found the Juralinga wildlife reserve which was really nice. Up close you can see Koala's, Roos, lots of birds, etc.... but the best part was they knew we were from the hotel so they allowed us to get inside the areas and actually touch a Koala in a tree, feed the Roo's and pet a dingo! Jason arranged for our car to be brough to the hotel and even inserted on the garmin the addresses for the stops we should make. How nice is that? He even researched and found us Emu Oil in town which we wanted to buy and take home. Cannot say enough about his demeanor and assistance.
There you have it. if you go to Melbourne, and stay at the Park Hyatt, visit Jason!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

It really would appear that you had a most amazing time here in Melbourne and not only while being in residence. I am of course delighted that your visit to Victoria was made all the better due to Jason and his being so accommodating and indeed imaginative when it came to booking your site seeing tour/s! Good too that he emphasised the right side of the road in which to drive on! I can assure you that we will share your comments with Jason and that we will award him with some points. The latter an inititative we have at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts to encourage going above and beyond / exceeding expectations!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.

I write this trusting you are well.

Perth, Western Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I cannot praise this hotel highly enough. From the moment we entered the lobby the staff and reception were friendly and helpful which was really appreciated after a long flight. The rooms a tastefully appointed with great attention to detail even down to the choice of toiletries. The amenities such as the pool, gym and sauna were outstanding. The complimentary breakfasts were of a very good quality and the restaurant adjoining the lobby was quite adequate for an easy meal. All in all, the Park Hyatt is a hotel which I would be quite happy to return to again on our next stay in Melbourne. Good value, great rooms & attentive service. What more could you want?

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to sample many of the hotel's facilities. Especially the swimming pool, spa etc. The latter certainly surprise many of our first time guests as our Park Spa is quite extensive. It was also good to read that you enjoyed radii restaurant & bar.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance to you.

I write this trusting you are well.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011 via mobile

This hotel is always a great place to stay at. It's located close to the city and delivers levels of luxury and comfort that are the best Melbourne has to offer.

• Stayed October 2011
SholtoSmith, General Manager at Park Hyatt Melbourne, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post some comments on Trip Advisor.

I gather from your comments that you stay with us on a regular basis which is great. We certainly appreciate your positive comments and please do let me know if I can be of any assistance to you when making your next reservation,

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt for one night. I paid $388 which got me a deluxe room with spa. the room was OK, nothing flash, did look abit old. The gym was excellent and the lap pool was good too. however there mustve been alot of chlorine as my eyes were burning bad. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful which made us feel very welcomed. overall i would rate it an 7 out of 10

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post some comments on Trip Advisor.

While I can see you enjoyed most aspects of your stay, I can see that you were a little disappointed with some areas. The room itself and indeed the chlorine in the swimming pool (the latter I can assure you is regularly tested/monitored so that it adheres to all health and safety regulations). I am sorry about this and would be only happy to discuss these issues with you further. Additionally, should you wish to return then please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can persoannly look after you.

Luxury is Personal

Been to Park Hyatt Melbourne? Share your experiences!