“Lindrum - loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection

You added Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Ranked #13 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geelong
“Lindrum - loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a superior room & loved it.
The location is perfect, close to great restaurants, shopping & gardens.
The room was very well presented with soaring ceilings.
The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows.
The bathroom had 2 choices of shower heads over the bath.
Often the small details leave the lasting impression. In this case it was the Appelles Apothecary toiletries, T2 herbal teas & free wifi.

I gave the Lindrum 4 stars as my room overlooked the car park which was quite a wind tunnel. I didn't realise that the trains & trams went til way after midnight.

Stayed October 2013
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear guest,

We really appreciate your comments! Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Bolwarra Victoria Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very friendly staff Like the ambience of the hotel. Nice touch with my wife receiving chocolates on arrival for her birthday Nice and intimate with only 59 rooms. Only downside was inability to park out front to set down luggage, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments in relation to our staff. It is a pleasure to learn that your wife enjoyed her Birthday chocolates.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next celebration.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've stayed at The Lindrum a few times recently as I travel a lot for work. The Lindrum is part of the Accor group of hotels so if you stay here make sure you sign up for their benefit program Le Club Accor.
The hotel is very nicely decorated, the common areas such as lobby and restaurant look very nice, elegant without being overly posh. When I was there the lift had hoarding inside it so I assume it is being renovated.
There is unfortunately a few things that let this hotel down. First thing is the staff. Disinterested would be the most appropriate word I could come up with. A cursory glance your way when standing at the front desk and a vague reference to a welcome was my most recent experience. The service was functional, but that's all. There was no genuineness, engagement or warmth.
The second thing that lets this hotel down is the inconsistency within the rooms. The first stay I had, I had a room overlooking the carpark. My tip : avoid this at ALL COSTS. Despite having a blockout blind and curtains, the room was still well lit at night with the light from the adjacent carpark flooding in. The room sizes are also different so it depends on which room you get as to how spacious your experience will be.
Next up: The television. Now I don't go to a hotel to watch TV but unless you plan on sitting right up close, you won't see much on this very small screen. For a hotel of this calibre, an improvement in the TV quality and size is sorely needed.
The other comment I have is the food, I can't comment on the restaurant but I have sampled room service. The food in room service is excessively overpriced and not good quality. Avoid this where possible.

Overall this is a nice hotel, but that's it. Plenty of other hotels in Melbourne that offer more competitive prices and better quality.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your in depth feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the level of service you received. Clearly your check-in experience was not very welcoming. There is no excuse for this level of service.

In respect of our rooms we have 59 in total with four different room types. We are unfortunately placed in between two rather tall buildings one of which is a car park. To avoid this I would suggest booking either a Deluxe room at the front of the property or a Junior Suite at the back.

TV’s – we are in the process of upgrading, the entire hotel will be completed by early December.

Once again please accept my apologies that you did not experience Hotel Lindrum at it’s best.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I was a regular here until the hotel changed ownership a few years ago. This was my first return since and it is still the amazing, luxurious, clean & comfortable hotel I remember. Love the atmosphere and styling, This is by far my favorite hotel in Melbourne and I can't wait to come back again very soon.

• Stayed October 2013
HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear guest,

We love being your favourite hotel. We also really appreciate your loyalty and return visits.

It really is a pleasure to learn that you had a great experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manager.

Been to Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!