“Lot of character” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection

You added Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
“Lot of character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Loved this hotel! It had a tonne of character and we got an excellent rate.

Room was clean and spacious. Had an excellent bath and shower. The TV was on the small side but we didn't plan to watch much TV so was not really an issue.

Will definitely be staying here again during future visits to Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

HotelLindrum, General Manager at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

So delighted that you loved your stay and appreciated the value for money and individuality that we offer.

I appreciate that the TV’s are o the small side. We are planning to upgrade in the next few months.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'm always a little hesitant paying out money to stay at hotels as in the past I’ve had some bad experiences with noisy neighbours keeping me up all night. Hotel Lindrum was not one of these hotels. As soon as I walked into the foyer, it was like entering a little cocoon. Yes, you hear the rumble of the tram as it passes by, and yes you hear the muffled chitter chatter of people walking down the hallway to their room, but that is where the noise stops. It was heaven! I loved this hotel. It was cosy, modern yet liveable with a touch of class. A little worn around the edges, but I felt this added an extra element to the place – it felt well loved. I’ll definitely be back.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the carpark, which didn't worry me in the slightest as I wasn't staying t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

It really means a lot to learn that we have restored your faith in positive hotel experiences.

We really appreciate the words you have chosen to describe your experience as we take a lot of pride in endeavouring to make this type of connection with you as our guest.

We look forward to your return visit.

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Happy to have "found" this hotel, lots of character, loved the timber floors and staircase, and especially the gas log fire in the bar/lounge, very comfy and relaxing to have a drink on a cool night. It was clean and spacious, though no outlook. We took advantage of a special deal so it was fantastic value at this time. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Timaru, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I would call the Hotel Lindrum a boutique hotel. It has all the comforts of a large hotel on a smaller scale which translates to great comfort and excellent service. The hotel is tastefully decorated and has a very understated luxury feel about it. The staff are very efficient and friendly and multitask so over three days I came to recognize the staff and they were all professional and friendly. My room was a standard room and was well equipped with everything I needed. I particularly
Iiked the range of products in the bathroom. I will definitely stay at Hotel Lindrum in the future when I travel to Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sydney Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I keep coming back to this place. The location at the top of Flinders Street is brilliant, the ambiance is relaxed and stylish, the staff are helpful and they look after their regular customers, which is a red button issue for me. On my last trip I got upgraded to a front room overlooking the sporting precinct of Yarra Park and the room was just great. I will keep going back as its my Melbourne home away from home.

Room Tip: Front rooms overlooking Flinders street have the best view but if traffic sounds bother you ask for...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

A friend suggested this boutique hotel when we were looking for accommodation in Melbourne for a conference at the Melbourne Convention Centre. Research on the internet indicated that it would be roughly a half an hour walk to the convention centre. Upon check in at reception, the staff member said it would only take about 10-15 minutes. In reality, it took us closer to 30 minutes. The walk was pleasant, a lovely way to enjoy the city along the Yarra River. Trams and taxis are always an option. Reception staff were helpful in assisting with calling for taxis.
The room itself is spacious with plenty of seating. Classical music playing in the room was a wonderful way to welcome us upon our arrival. Special touches include a little sweet treat wrapped in cellophane on the bed when we returned in the evenings. We stayed in a twin room on the fourth floor for three nights. Traffic noise was audible from inside the room which was slightly disturbing. The beds were fairly comfortable.
A 30 day advance payment rate of just under $167 per night was considered good value for this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you to your friend for the recommendation to stay at Hotel Lindrum.

Apologies that we didn’t convey the correct information in relation to the distance to the Convention Centre – we need to work on getting this right.

I am delighted that you appreciated the little touches and attention to detail that we pride ourselves on.

Also great that you found your stay good value for money value with our advance purchase rate.

Thanks again for your feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this great hotel. It is within easy walking distance to virtually anything, extremely clean and professionally presented. Rooms were clean and tidy. Pillows weren't the most comfortable though. An onsite gym would be handy, but this is just personal preference. Didn't try the restaurant, as it is an easy walk or quick cab ride to anything and everything. Tram stop close by and Flinders st station, and Federation square all within cooee and easy for transport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We agree we are ideally located within walking distance of most major Melbourne attractions.

Apologies that you didn’t find the pillows comfortable – we do have different pillow options available, we appreciate that every traveller has a personal preference. I am disappointed that we didn’t communicate this aspect of our service to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and would love to tempt you to stay and experience our restaurant !

General Manager.

Been to Hotel Lindrum Melbourne - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!