Spent the night (Saturday) as an overnight trip to Melbourne for the Michael Jackson Immortal Circus. I usually stay in 5* hotels as I can generally find a package deal with indoor pool and buffet breakfast and relatively close to Rod Laver for my occasional concert trips. I like to try different motels and for $289 at Mantra with Buffet and indoor pool (this is what my usual spend is on 5*) I thought this was a good central spot to try. Photos online were great and had a lovely staff member on arrival and then biscuits delivered to my door shortly after (what a treat). Unfortunately the disappointment came after that. The room was tidy and sink/toilet were clean; however walls, door handles, tiles, skirting boards, especially power switches were mucky etc . The amount of dust and grime were not new....this room had only had a 'basic' clean for obviously a long time. My 10 year old son even said he thought it was dirty (that's saying something). urine splatter on the wall behind the toilet was just a bit much and I felt like cleaning this room. Again, staff were great, but for an older motel.....it could had still been clean. I have stayed in Mantra long stay apartment in Broadbeach and that was fabulous! Will never return to the Russell on my next trip in December.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on Russell is within close proximity to all of Melbourne's premium attractions including boutique shopping, famous eat streets and a superb array of cafes and bars, theatres, sporting venues and cultural experiences. Offering studio and apartment-style rooms all featuring air-conditioning, fully-equipped kitchens, bathrooms, laundry facilities and most apartments also have a private balcony. For business travellers rooms can double as an office with direct-dial ISDN telephones with voicemail, data-point and broadband access in all rooms. With a range of facilities and services including 24-hour reception, concierge service, heated swimming pool, spa, fully-equipped gymnasium and Home Kitchen & Bar located within the hotel which provides breakfast, lunch, dinner and 24 hour room service (limited menu Sunday evenings). Undercover parking is available at a cost. The Mantra on Russell is ideally positioned and styled to offer contemporary accommodation in the heart of Melbourne, ideal for business travellers, holiday makers, short-term and long-term guests. Please Note: Mantra on Russell has a strict NO PARTY POLICY and enforced to ensure the comfort of all our guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mantra On Russell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra On Russell Melbourne
- Mantra On Russell Hotel Melbourne