“Awesome building and rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto

You added InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto to your Saves list
InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   495 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Awesome building and rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just the inside of the building is awesome enough. But, on top of this, it has great suites, a decent club room and a decent restaurant.

You're obviously paying well and expecting quality, and it definitely does that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear Pancreas76,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your kind feedback.

It is wonderful to hear that you loved so many aspects of the hotel and in particular the building. We are certainly lucky to be housed in such beautiful surroundings right in the heart of the city centre.

I hope that I might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Sebastian Germerhausen
Executive Assistant Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I preface my remarks by saying that hotel management have acknowledged my concerns but the experience I had was such that I shall never return to this hotel. Indeed, it casts a shadow over the Intercontinental group. The rooms are stuffy, small and dark. The hotel lacks ambiance which is not a major crime however you are paying for a total experience. The front desk staff are personable and one of the doorman I encountered was perfect in welcoming guests.
The main restaurant provided me with what was the worst meal I have ever eaten. The wait staff were in positions that were beyond their skill levels and the food was to be blunt appalling. I wish I could be more positive but I cannot in all honesty state the facts any other way. To be fair, the breakfast menu was good though service is not a strong point. I stay in Melbourne on a very regular basis and I believe a traveller would be well advised to explore their options when it comes to 5 star accommodation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Anthony H,

Thank you for taking the time to share the feedback from your recent stay with us.

Whilst I am happy to hear that the service you received from my front desk colleagues and our doorman was welcoming I was disappointed to note that the remainder of your stay with us was a less than positive experience.

I have messaged your my contact details as I would like the opportunity to discuss your experiences in further detail so that we can look toward creating memorable experiences for all our guests.

Wonthaggi, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Recently had high tea here with a group of friends, very classy! The food was really good as well as the atmosphere. The only downside was that we had to wait a while (about 40 minutes to an hour) for the food to come which wasn't great because we were all starving! However when the food did come it didn't disappoint :)

• Stayed June 2014
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Cassie M,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback from your High Tea experience in Market Lane Bar.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the High Tea food offering however I would like to apologise that you had to wait a while for this experience. I can assure you that this is not to our usual standards but I am glad it did not tarnish your experience.

I hope that I might have the opportunity to welcome you back for another High Tea again soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here twice last month and really enjoyed it. It's hard to fault anything - the room was lovely and everything worked. The food was great. But the star attraction of this place is their wonderful staff - they were attentive, seemingly interested in you as a person (they remembered me the second week!!) and always ready to anticipate what you needed.
I'm not sure how you get staff to be this great - training? selection? but whatever it is they should bottle it. I will stay here again I'm sure.

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Marion D,

As a return guest to the hotel thank you so much for taking the time to share the kind feedback from your recent stay with us.

It is so nice to hear that you found my colleagues to be the star attraction of the hotel. I certainly consider myself lucky to have a team of wonderful people who are caring, compassionate and have a genuine interest in all our guests at the hotel.

I hope that we all might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

takapuna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

5 night stay during recent conference ,v handy to convention and exhibition centre. It's a 12 min walk or 4 mins by tram. Team stop only30 away. Excellent breakfast buffet. Good wifi including rooms. Helpful staff. No restaurants close by but tram v convenient .

• Stayed May 2014
Dear PeterTakapuna,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in Melbourne and also for taking the time to share your kind feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotels location to be convenient for your conference at the Convention Centre and that you found my colleagues to be helpful during your stay. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again I defiantly recommend speaking to our concierge team. They have a wealth of knowledge regarding restaurants in Melbourne many of which are much closer than you think!

Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

my husband and I were heading for 2.5month DRC humanitarian aid trip and had the pleasure of staying here. Although we arrived with our backpacks etc, we were treated royally. Great service at the reception area, staff were knowledge, helpful and just plain lovely. Wonderful room, fabulous shower and enjoyed the breakfast. Excellent stay and amazing service. We are calling in on the way back from DR Congo. Thank you and we look forward to our visit in August :D

Room Tip: I suspect it's hard to get a bad room here :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear CarolAnneP,

Thank you for taking the time to share the kind feedback from your recent stay with us in Melbourne.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt as though you were treated like royalty. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for journey on which you are about to embark and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in August.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

First Class all the way. Impeccable service from all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The twin room was perfect for myself and my 5 and almost 3 year old. Beautiful luxurious surroundings. A very generous and well balanced menu was available at the buffet breakfast in the Alluvial Restaurant. Thoroughly recommend this hotel to all travellers. Excellent experience!

Stayed June 2014
InterContinenta... M, Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Karen C,

As an IHG Rewards Club Member and the busy mother of two little ones thank you for taking the time to share the kind feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you and your children had a wonderful stay with us in Melbourne and that you felt as though nothing was too much trouble.

I hope next school holiday we might have the opportunity to welcome you and the family back to the hotel.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto? Share your experiences!